First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Babygirl Momma

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 Dec 11, 2012
My daughter is having trouble going to sleep at night. She is 2 years old and she will constantly scream at bedtime or destroy her room. Most of the time we will often get her up in the morning and she will be either completely naked or just be in a onesie..any ideas on how to calm this down?
mamaoftwo

United States

#4 Dec 11, 2012
Well there could be many factors to.why your LO does this. What does she eat or watch before bedtime? Maybe its too early to not be in a crib or pack and play at night. Whatever.her routine is needs to be changed, cuz its clearly not working
Babygirl mamma

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Dec 11, 2012
She is in a toddler bed and has been since she was 18 months old. She usually doesn't eat anything but supper and that's usually at 6:30 or 7 and we put her to bed at 8:30 or 9.. Shell have a snack every once in a while before bed but not usually and she only has water with her at bedtime in her cup. All I'm asking is for a little advice bc soon she'll have a baby sibling who shares the same room and we need to get this under control before it gets here
What Now

Oxford, OH

#6 Dec 11, 2012
Advice? Planned Parenthood. You can get an abortion or at least birth control. You should get fixed, since you can't handle children and aren't responsible.
Nopo

Columbia City, IN

#7 Dec 11, 2012
Is she afraid of the dark?

Is a nightlight leaving weird shadows?

How much sugar does she consume?
Nopo

Columbia City, IN

#8 Dec 11, 2012
What about starches that convert to sugar?
Just saying

Fond Du Lac, WI

#9 Dec 11, 2012
What Now wrote:
Advice? Planned Parenthood. You can get an abortion or at least birth control. You should get fixed, since you can't handle children and aren't responsible.
wow you are ridiculous! Every parent asks for advice occasionally, if you don't have anything nice to say, go to bed yourself and think of nice things to say tomorrow! Thank you!
mamaoftwo

United States

#10 Dec 11, 2012
Sounds like ur doing things the right way. I do think she was given "freedom" a lil too soon. My daughter was 23 mo when her brother was born and she was still in a crib at night cuz she would, like yours, destroy her room. She was distracted from sleeping by all her toys. Her lil mind just couldnt rest. Good luck in finding something that will work. Congrats on the new baby ;)
DoNtWoRrYBhApPy

United States

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Honey,don't worry bout what those negative nancy's have to say,They are miserable within their own lives and I think mamaof2 knows a lil somthin.So good luck !
nana

Greensburg, IN

#12 Dec 12, 2012
does your little one take a nap during the day? if so how many or for how long? I watch my grandkids while my daughter and son-in-law work and i would lay my youngest granddaughter down for a nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. she would not want to go to bed at night, so now she only gets one. there is a tv in the room for movies only and she has a favorite toy that plays bedtime music. she also has siblings in the room with her and the movies really help. i understand if you don't want to use a tv but you can try a cd player and play lullybyes. try any of these and good luck and congrats on the new baby. she will make a great big sister
Babygirl mamma

Fort Wayne, IN

#13 Dec 12, 2012
Thanks mamaoftow however we took her out of her crib bc she started climbing out of it at night. And no she doesn't consume a lot of sugar. If anything she gets more milk than juice and water at bedtime... Nana no she doesn't take a nap during the day most of the time and yes she has a tv in her room with both satellite and DVD however she no longer has access to the satellite and we have tried to play a lullabye cd fOr her at night however it doesn't always work
her friend

Fort Wayne, IN

#14 Dec 12, 2012
Try this I watched in on one of those nanny shows and it works. When you put her to bed read her a story to help calm her down then tell her it is bed time and tv goes off (it is a distraction) put her to bed kiss her goodnight and leave the room. If she stays great if not and you return a second time then just say night time tuck her in and leave. If you have to return because she is out of bed or screaming then walk in put her back to bed and say nothing at all. If you constanly speak to her when you go back into the room she will get the ideal that it is ok to challenge u. Show her who is boss take control and soon she will obey. Be patient it may take a few days to change her behavior but it will happen dont give in or she is in control good luck and WHAT NOW how many children did u have to bad your parent didnt follow your advice and save the world from ignorant people
her friend

Fort Wayne, IN

#15 Dec 12, 2012
WHAT NOW get a job realy
babygirl mamma

Concord, NC

#16 Dec 12, 2012
Or try a Baseball bat will settle the hellyen down... worked for mine
Babygirl mamma

Fort Wayne, IN

#17 Dec 12, 2012
babygirl mamma wrote:
Or try a Baseball bat will settle the hellyen down... worked for mine
And get me thrown in jail? Na I'm good I love my child to much
her friend

Fort Wayne, IN

#18 Dec 12, 2012
wow baseball bat I think not how intellegent
Babygirl mamma

Fort Wayne, IN

#19 Dec 14, 2012
I have tried several of these things people have mentioned and I wanted to thank everyone who gave me helpful advice becuz it is helping
mandy

United States

#20 Dec 14, 2012
who cares! I AM SO GLAD MY HUSBAND AND I ARE CHILDFREE!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Babygirl mamma

Fort Wayne, IN

#21 Dec 14, 2012
mandy wrote:
who cares! I AM SO GLAD MY HUSBAND AND I ARE CHILDFREE!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Good for you but some people want children
What Now

Oxford, OH

#22 Dec 14, 2012
People that continue to recklessly have chidren will overpopulate this planet and their selfishness will cause misery and deprivation for the rest. Already we cannot support all this trailer trash breeding like rodents. Not enough jobs, not enough welfare, and all you narrow-minded fools can do is breed some more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spartan Staffing 4 hr anonymize 1
Tommy basham Tue TJA 4
i support wind farms (Jul '15) Mon Top_ix_Bi_ass 83
City Property (Jul '15) Mon Citizen 99 13
Driving Jun 24 Susan 2
Greensburg Christian Academy (Test Out Program) (Mar '09) Jun 13 bchap 109
Native American history in Greensburg (Jun '13) Jun 13 justanswering 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages