Remember Devin Parsons

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#1 Mar 31, 2013
Community Member's Gather to Remember Devin Parsons -

As the sun went down over Decatur County on Saturday night, community members from Greensburg and the outlying areas of Decatur County gathered to remember a young man that lost his life to child abuse almost two years ago, Devin Parsons. Family members, community residents, child advocates, and city officials gathered to remember Devin and bring awareness to Child Abuse Prevention. April 1st will mark the start of Child Abuse Awareness month for 2013; April is recognized in the United States as Child Abuse Prevention Month. With this month-long observance, communities and organizations raise awareness around the critical issue of child abuse and neglect and educate the public on prevention.

Reverend David Steidel from the Clarksburg Covenant Church led the group in prayer. Mayor Gary Herbert spoke in honor of Devin and the fight that he fought; Mayor Herbert also spoke of how our community can come together to help prevent child abuse and put family first by simply eating a meal around the dinner table. Teresa Hoeing from Decatur County 4 Kids spoke in regards to the statistics of child abuse in Decatur County. In 2011 there were 351 substaniated child abuse cases and 85 substaniated sexual abuse cases in Decatur County, bringing light to those in attendance that Greensburg may be in a cornfield, but Greensburg does have big city problems. Those in attendance enjoyed a song written in Devin's memory. After the closing prayer, it was encouraged by Teresa Hoeing to take a Blue Pinwheel, the symbol for Child Abuse prevention; Blue and white balloons were released as those in attendance visited among themselves.
her mom

Valparaiso, IN

#2 Mar 31, 2013
Amen rip Devin gone but not forgotten
Really_

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2013
If I remember correctly, this was the little boy who was beaten so savagely because he would not divulge the hiding spot of the drugs he took from his mother. Poor baby! Wished he would have given them to her, maybe she would have overdosed in her drug crazed rampage.
homemaker_101

Miami, FL

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Tears still flow from my eyes. Ill never forget that lil boy. My number 1 hero forever. Brave isnt even the word. I love u devin. I know you are doing great things in heaven.
Joann

United States

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Devin you will never be forgotten. Taken way too soon. We will join you in heaven some day. You and your family are in my prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
internet Aug 13 Jumbo 2
additional tax appropriations Aug 10 we know 4
calling all bikers Aug 6 all bikers 1
Honda Hiring Process? (Jun '11) Jul '17 Mike 1,311
Greensburg Music Thread Jun '17 Musikologist 1
Valeo hiring through Elwood? Jun '17 Frank 2
Greensburg City Council Meeting Jun '17 1 you wont forget 2

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance