former inmate

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Just so you know. Gecom wants to be the best in class, well the only way that suck ass company can be the best is to buy up the competition and close them. It is too bad that they dont care enough about their associates, but to use them up and kick them to the curb. Hope they end up like the one's they have crushed, UNEMPLOYED.
I know

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

I know how you feel I'm from Winchester plant and every since GECOM took over it has went down hill!! Our plant is closin and we're not gettin severance pay because we are not professionals just the hr in the office!!! I'm glad the place is closin and I'll never work in another factory like that !! THey degraded us in our last meeting and our plant is suppose to closed by June 26!! GECOM SUCKS amen hey you need to come on the Winchester topix in Winchester Kentucky and we can both discuss alot of their bull!!! There is alot of us from work get on the topix I was curious when I found this so keep in touch!!!
TRUTH

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 THE WINCHESTER SUN ONLINE Winchester, Kentucky
Select a directory Business Classifieds
Home | News | Sports | Obits | Opinion | Find A | A&E | Features | Blogs | Classifieds | Real Estate | Ads | Multimedia | Search | Contact Us
Thursday March 12, 2009
GECOM TO LOSE 150 JOBS
By Bob Flynn
More Clark County workers will be out of a job soon, after GECOM announced it would lay off 150 workers at its Winchester plant.
The plant, which manufactures door latches, handles and trunk locks and employs 168 people, sent a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) letter to Mayor Ed Burtner last week saying it would lay off the workers, beginning March 30.
In its Wednesday edition, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported that the plant would be closing its doors permanently and moving its operation to Frankfort or Greensburg, Ind., but Burtner said his office has not been notified that the plant is closing.
“We have not received any word from them that they are closing and moving the plant,” the mayor said.“In the WARN letter we received, it specifically stated that GECOM anticipates that the layoffs will be permanent but the entire facility will not close.”
No one answered the phone at the GECOM facility in Winchester, and calls to its corporate headquarters had not been returned at press time.
Todd Denham, director of economic development for the Winchester/Clark County Industrial Authority, said he had no knowledge of the closing, and he too was trying to reach GECOM officials.
“I have not heard anything definitive that they were closing. I talked to them about a week and a half ago, and at that time I was told that they plan on letting about 150 employees go,” Denham said.“I’ve got a call into GECOM corporate office, and I would like to get confirmation myself. Things change so quickly, and sometimes local management doesn’t know before something like this happens, so in a week
and a half things could have changed.”
The layoffs mean that more than 450 automotive industry jobs will be lost in Clark County in the next couple of months.
Niles America Wintech earlier announced it would be cutting its workforce down from 224 employees to 50, and Ainak Inc. said it would be reducing its employees from 123 to 33.
Contact Bob Flynn at bflynn@winchestersun.com.
Copyright:The Winchester Sun 2009 "
----------
PRINTER FRIENDLY
EMAIL TO A FRIEND
old ohi crew

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Judged:

I was crushed when I lost my job after 12 years. OHI was a good company until Gecom took over. I have NEVER been treated like they treat their employees. It is really quite sad. We worked really hard just to lose our job in the end. I know that there are alot of people that are losing their job now days. But everyone you talk to that lost their job did some kind of severance pay or something..shit we didn't get nothing. I am sad that I lost my job. But at least I can start over fresh and hopefully work for a company that actually cares for their employees. GECOM SUCKS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Greensburg Forum right now

Search the Greensburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
stacey rice &melissa white 1 hr mom 2
Consultant: spending will exceed revenues 2 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 4
State of Indiana does not recogonize gay marria... 2 hr retards 21
Hey Big Spender! 2 hr Visitor 11
most dangerous areas of greensburg to live in (Jun '13) Wed Steve 47
Airport (Nov '11) Wed Visitor 7,498
Place your orders... Jul 8 Hoosier Hillbilly 1
•••
•••