Rural King: Do the workers need attit...

Rural King: Do the workers need attitude adjustment

Created by What Now on Feb 4, 2013

22 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes they are all rude and unhelpful

Most are problematic

Only one or two are problematic

None of them have problems

What Now

Oxford, OH

#1 Feb 4, 2013
What is with the people that work at Rural King? They all act like they are too busy to help customers and act bothered if you ask them for help in locating an item. You have to be persistent and ask three times or more before they might walk over to the area and help you look or answer questions. Often they break down and claim they don't know anything about the products or where anything is located and flat out refuse to leave the aisle they are on...they won't even locate another worker that could help.
I was considering buying a chainsaw last year. I shopped the store online before I went, and the website said they had 3 of the model I was considering in stock. Got there, and they only had the display model. Now I know they didn't sell two or three saws in the first hour of being open.
I asked about the display model, it didn't have the carrying case or extra chain, and they still wanted full price! They wouldn't budge an inch, and claimed they wouldn't know where the three saws were that the website said was in the store! I did not buy from them because the manager had no interest in helping me, and did not attempt to sell me on a different saw or try to get the model I wanted.
The people that work at Rural King are the sorriest, laziest, rudest, most pitiful bunch I've ever seen. The management must pay them shit wages, cuss them up one side and down the other and threaten to kill their dogs in order for them to act the way they do.
I know, I know, someone is going to jump on here and take exception to this; and claim they love their job and do all that they can for customers, or say that their mom works there and she don't act like that, well maybe that is true. I'm sure I don't know every employee in there, but I have never ran across one that doesn't fit the above description.
And the cashiers are even rude, acting like they don't want to bag stuff, they expect you to carry half your purchases loose. You even have to push your items back toward them and ask for a damned bag! I could see this behavior if they were really inexpensive, but they charge just as much as anyone else! It's got such a better selection than Tractor Supply, if they would only get caring and helpful employees, they could have Tractor Supply shut down!
Plus, the bathroom always needs cleaning. It has got to be one of the nastiest in town!
What Now

Oxford, OH

#2 Feb 4, 2013
Google Rural King and pissed consumer for some really good reports of exactly what I have stated. There was even a report of employee sex in the bathrooms!
hmmmm

Batesville, IN

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Move over Nopo - you have competition!

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#4 Feb 4, 2013
I didn't know they even bagged stuff. They never offered to for me-but then I'm use to Aldies.
I agree with What Now to a certain degree, but I have had some good help occasionally. There are 'several' that give you the impression they'd rather not be bothered.
The ones I really love when asking them where something is say "I think that's in the sports
section or maybe automotive" and walk away.
If I was manager there things would be alot different regardless of what they're paid:::
::WARNING::
Always check your receipt before leaving the store,
I fine they make many mistakes!!!!
That's another thing, when you go to get it corrected the people behind that counter seem to think they are there just to = look pretty=. YEP!
they suck

United States

#5 Feb 4, 2013
I went in one day to buy a pump when got to followed around then when got to cashier he started to open box I told him not want box open it was a gift he started to open I said if opened I would not buy it he cut tape off box and opened it I just turned around and left found better one at tractor supply he tried to tell me to buy it I say close place and put kmart back
spot

Grayslake, IL

#7 Feb 4, 2013
Your right this place is shitty who was found having sex in the bathroom if you said this then back it give names.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#8 Feb 4, 2013
Go over to pissed consumer and find the bathroom sex report. Didn't say it was Greensburg. But if you read those reports, you will find 70 complaints backing up that exactly what I complained about is an epidemic at all their stores.
And I believe you former employee, I'm sure that management is responsible for the employees' behavior. It's the same labor pool Wal-Mart draws on, there's no way everyone is like this to begin with. But like I described in dealing with the manager over the chainsaw, I can see where it trickles down to the employees! The managers don't even pretend to care about or help the customers!
former employee

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 4, 2013
The sad part is, for example, something as simple as ordering a chainsaw in that company is almost impossible. When they order something, they have no idea when it will arrive. But yes the service over there is lacking at times.
gburg snoozer

Fort Wayne, IN

#10 Feb 4, 2013
What Now wrote:
Go over to pissed consumer and find the bathroom sex report. Didn't say it was Greensburg. But if you read those reports, you will find 70 complaints backing up that exactly what I complained about is an epidemic at all their stores.
And I believe you former employee, I'm sure that management is responsible for the employees' behavior. It's the same labor pool Wal-Mart draws on, there's no way everyone is like this to begin with. But like I described in dealing with the manager over the chainsaw, I can see where it trickles down to the employees! The managers don't even pretend to care about or help the customers!
Well I for one won't believe anything here because I for one refuse to believe What Now's fat ass has ever even been in Rural King.
Carolina

Oxford, OH

#11 Feb 4, 2013
What Now wrote:
What is with the people that work at Rural King? They all act like they are too busy to help customers and act bothered if you ask them for help in locating an item. You have to be persistent and ask three times or more before they might walk over to the area and help you look or answer questions. Often they break down and claim they don't know anything about the products or where anything is located and flat out refuse to leave the aisle they are on...they won't even locate another worker that could help.
I was considering buying a chainsaw last year. I shopped the store online before I went, and the website said they had 3 of the model I was considering in stock. Got there, and they only had the display model. Now I know they didn't sell two or three saws in the first hour of being open.
I asked about the display model, it didn't have the carrying case or extra chain, and they still wanted full price! They wouldn't budge an inch, and claimed they wouldn't know where the three saws were that the website said was in the store! I did not buy from them because the manager had no interest in helping me, and did not attempt to sell me on a different saw or try to get the model I wanted.
The people that work at Rural King are the sorriest, laziest, rudest, most pitiful bunch I've ever seen. The management must pay them shit wages, cuss them up one side and down the other and threaten to kill their dogs in order for them to act the way they do.
I know, I know, someone is going to jump on here and take exception to this; and claim they love their job and do all that they can for customers, or say that their mom works there and she don't act like that, well maybe that is true. I'm sure I don't know every employee in there, but I have never ran across one that doesn't fit the above description.
And the cashiers are even rude, acting like they don't want to bag stuff, they expect you to carry half your purchases loose. You even have to push your items back toward them and ask for a damned bag! I could see this behavior if they were really inexpensive, but they charge just as much as anyone else! It's got such a better selection than Tractor Supply, if they would only get caring and helpful employees, they could have Tractor Supply shut down!
Plus, the bathroom always needs cleaning. It has got to be one of the nastiest in town!
Well if you're as big of a jerk in person as you are on here ,it's no wonder they were shitty to you! lil bit of KARMA
lol

Fort Wayne, IN

#12 Feb 4, 2013
.lil
What Now

Oxford, OH

#13 Feb 4, 2013
I don't need anyone to take my word for it, it is clear what people think of the employees that work there.
lol

Chicago, IL

#14 Feb 5, 2013
What Now wrote:
I don't need anyone to take my word for it, it is clear what people think of the employees that work there.
LOL SOUNDS LIKE IMPOTENCE.MAN IS MAD. BOO HOO HOW ABOUT GO POSTING SOMEPLACE WHERE SOMEONE CARES ABOUT UR WHINING. F U IMPOTENCE MAN.
Stable Mable

Wolflake, IN

#15 Feb 7, 2013
Who is the employee that stole all the money from Rural King in Greensburg a year or so ago????
Now What

Batesville, IN

#16 Feb 7, 2013
Stable Mable wrote:
Who is the employee that stole all the money from Rural King in Greensburg a year or so ago????
Yes. Please state a name. Attach a picture if possible. Doesn't matter if it is true. Good info, wrong info, it is all good. Was the employee wearing a seatbelt on the way to Rural King? Did he go directly there or take a longer route? Does he/she cheat on his spouse? Is he impotent? Do you have more information for us? Again, doesn't matter if it's true. As long as everyone just throws the "facts" out there, I can then sort them and tell you exactly who it was.

Hurry please. Anyone? Anyone? We need to know. We deserve to know.
gburg snoozer

Wolflake, IN

#17 Feb 7, 2013
Now What wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Please state a name. Attach a picture if possible. Doesn't matter if it is true. Good info, wrong info, it is all good. Was the employee wearing a seatbelt on the way to Rural King? Did he go directly there or take a longer route? Does he/she cheat on his spouse? Is he impotent? Do you have more information for us? Again, doesn't matter if it's true. As long as everyone just throws the "facts" out there, I can then sort them and tell you exactly who it was.
Hurry please. Anyone? Anyone? We need to know. We deserve to know.
Now you really ARE funny, Now What! You deserve a pat on the back for this amusing post. It was truly funny, and you sound like a really good person. Thanks for making TOPIX a little bit better.
Misery Now

Oxford, OH

#18 Feb 7, 2013
Doesn't anyone remember the name of the thief? Any idea?
Misery Now

Oxford, OH

#19 Feb 9, 2013
As of right now, 3/4 of the people that voted thinks every single employee at Rural King is rude and unhelpful. I love it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 1 hr Voter 178
What’s the word? Thu Jo Mama 1
Missing German Shepherd Feb 10 keep watching 1
Native American history in Greensburg (Jun '13) Jan '18 ufo 34
Hope everyone has a good holiday Dec '17 scrooge 2
The Wreck called Hillary Clinton Dec '17 The Egregious One 2
An update might be in order Nov '17 Hoosier Hillbilly 1

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages