jam that up there

Mishawaka, IN

#1 Nov 20, 2011
Ok i know this is a hot topic and i know when i was in school bullying went on. But to tell you the trueth it is gonna happen no matter what and is a part of life that you go through. I was bullied and i know others who were. But going out and killing yourself is no answer and the kids who bully do not need to be held responsible unless they kill the person. I do think it makes you tougher nad if a kid kills themself because of bullying its not just because of bullying there are other problems like at home
in the know

Mishawaka, IN

#2 Nov 20, 2011
The bullying media coverage is wayyyyy overrated. Its total BS kids that are bullied are usually the ones that go out of their way to get bullied. They also could stick up for themselves and not take the bulling. I agree it will make the kids tougher, and bulling alone doesn't cause kids to go out and kill themselves. Get tough America
Hoosier Hillbilly

Roy, WA

#3 Nov 21, 2011
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bullying is a form of aggressive behavior, which may manifest as abusive treatment, the use of force or coercion to affect others,particularly when habitual and involving an imbalance of power. It may involve verbal harassment, physical assault or coercion and may be directed persistently towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability The "imbalance of power" may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "target."

Bullying consists of three basic types of abuse emotional, verbal, and physical. It typically involves subtle methods of coercion such as intimidation. Bullying can be defined in many different ways. There i scurrently no legal definition of bullying, while some U.S. states have laws against it.
Bullying ranges from simple one-on-one bullying to more complex bullying in which the bully may have one or more 'lieutenants' who may seem to be willing to assist the primary bully in his bullying activities. Bullying in school and the workplace is also referred to as peer abuse.

Bullying can occur in any context in which human beings interact with each other. This includes school, church, family, the workplace, home, and neighborhoods. It is even a common push factor in migration. Bullying can exist between social groups, social classes, and even between countries . In fact, on an international scale, perceived or real imbalances of power between nations, in both economic systems and in treaty systems, are often cited as some of the primary causes of both World War I and World War II.
NO! "WE" were not the \\\BULLY/// in both wars.
But "WE"ve" made up for it since!
funny

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2011
I was bullied but not in a physical way. It was more I had nothing growing up. I was told by many adults and my peers that I wouldn't amount to nothing well now I set back and laugh at them for having to struggle. Yes I know that isn't right but now they see what me and my family went through. I just turned the bullying into fuel to prove them wrong. That I did and when I see them out they want to act like my friends I just look at them and say do I know you. It's funny to see the look on there faces.

For the physical bullying it didn't happen much around me or my friends. Yes there was fights but it was always one on one we never lut any gang action go on. We might not of had respect in having all the good stuff but they all new us country boys would get down. For the most part the kids that started it would be handed there butts.

Bullying is a big part of life it makes people stronger if they handle it right. Lut it fuel ya to do positive things to prove them wrong. And for the physical stuff hit them in the nose one time they might just thank twice about doing it again. Not in school though ya need the education.

That's my thoughts my be wrong to some right to others but have a good day

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 21, 2011
Wow, I disagree. Bullying was different when I was in school than it is now. My son was a victim of bullying in our old school system...it was outrageous and terrible and very scarring to him. There was nothing going on at home that caused/contributed to this. There is nothing odd or abnormal about him (other than he is thin) that should draw excessive negative attention. He is sweet, down to earth, and out-going. Normal by "standards". He is smart, funny, and friendly...not feminine, not overweight, not a homosexual, not ignorant, not unattractive, not poor...and what those kids did to him and a few other boys on a daily basis was cruel.
I could see a weaker person, who was perhaps poor, or has a rough life at home already, wanting to kill their self, or feeling suicidal when their personal home life is already traumatic. I personally don't think that it matters if "it makes you stronger" no one should have to deal with it...at school, at work, at home...any age.
I am not sure if any of you have children...but let them come home one day (especially your daughters) in tears after someone has done something foul and offensive...and tell me it doesn't make you want to put on your butt-stomping boots and go after a few kids.
Life is hard enough all by itself...this stuff sucks and should not happen...and I don't care if you think it makes you stronger, when it's your baby being affected...you wanna crack some heads.
My rant is done...lol. On a side note, I often wonder if these kids who commit or attempt suicide are getting the support or comfort they need at home. Maybe they don't tell their parents, maybe they do and their parents don't take it seriously...like you all...but if you lost your child due to a situation of this nature, you certainly wouldn't be so quick to say "get over it".
Hoosier Hillbilly

Roy, WA

#6 Nov 21, 2011
funny:Q: Bullying is a big part of life
Same as what I was trying to express i the post above. Get use to it, it's going to happen the rest of your life, the sooner you learn how deal with it, the better.
There are many different methods of dealing with people that try to bully. One of the best resolutions I've found is to bully right back.
Different strokes for different folks:
just laughing along with them
the nose punch when I was a kid worked well [but] always have an "equalizer", I've used boards, rocks, and my friends
when it gets to the point our congress is 'demon'strating you alleviate.
funny

United States

#7 Nov 21, 2011
Shrugs wrote:
Wow, I disagree. Bullying was different when I was in school than it is now. My son was a victim of bullying in our old school system...it was outrageous and terrible and very scarring to him. There was nothing going on at home that caused/contributed to this. There is nothing odd or abnormal about him (other than he is thin) that should draw excessive negative attention. He is sweet, down to earth, and out-going. Normal by "standards". He is smart, funny, and friendly...not feminine, not overweight, not a homosexual, not ignorant, not unattractive, not poor...and what those kids did to him and a few other boys on a daily basis was cruel.
I could see a weaker person, who was perhaps poor, or has a rough life at home already, wanting to kill their self, or feeling suicidal when their personal home life is already traumatic. I personally don't think that it matters if "it makes you stronger" no one should have to deal with it...at school, at work, at home...any age.
I am not sure if any of you have children...but let them come home one day (especially your daughters) in tears after someone has done something foul and offensive...and tell me it doesn't make you want to put on your butt-stomping boots and go after a few kids.
Life is hard enough all by itself...this stuff sucks and should not happen...and I don't care if you think it makes you stronger, when it's your baby being affected...you wanna crack some heads.
My rant is done...lol. On a side note, I often wonder if these kids who commit or attempt suicide are getting the support or comfort they need at home. Maybe they don't tell their parents, maybe they do and their parents don't take it seriously...like you all...but if you lost your child due to a situation of this nature, you certainly wouldn't be so quick to say "get over it".
By no means this is something you should not take lightly. Yes I got kids I even got younger sisters and everyone that knows me they know when it comes to my family I am quick to handle it been that way all my life. My kids now to be thankful for what you have. My son was hanging with kids that made fun of kids that didn't have everything well after I found out I made him give the kid that he was making fun of his brand new pair of shoes and he got to wear some velcrow shoes ya that might be wrong in some eyes but it showed him that it don't matter what a person has they are still nice. Now there best friends. Everyone handles different things different ways..
Hoosier Hillbilly

Ashburn, VA

#8 Nov 21, 2011
Q:funny: By no means this is something you should not take lightly.
"U" sure you got that right?
My son was hanging with kids that made fun of kids that didn't have everything well =pier pressure=
the most common form of bullying!
Jam that up there

Mishawaka, IN

#9 Nov 21, 2011
Look kids these days a becoming well ill say it a big pussy. Yes they are they cant see anything and they run and tell on everyone for everything. They hardly ever cut kids casue it will hurt their feelins. This is sad we need to make our kids tough again and show them the real world. Yes the real world it sucks and isnt fair and you cant run and tell on people. And by the way they best shoes are walmart velcro. Very comfortable
vaginal secretion

Mishawaka, IN

#10 Nov 21, 2011
Jam that up there wrote:
Look kids these days a becoming well ill say it a big pussy. Yes they are they cant see anything and they run and tell on everyone for everything. They hardly ever cut kids casue it will hurt their feelins. This is sad we need to make our kids tough again and show them the real world. Yes the real world it sucks and isnt fair and you cant run and tell on people. And by the way they best shoes are walmart velcro. Very comfortable
I agree im sick of kids crying about bullying. maybe if the greatest generation would have done that during WWII we could be speaking German!
Jam that up there

Mishawaka, IN

#11 Nov 21, 2011
During WWI and WWII we had kids yes kids under 18 sneaking into the army to fight for our country American Bada** and i thank them. I think today not one kid would even want to because they are scared.
vaginal secretion

Mishawaka, IN

#12 Nov 21, 2011
I know some kids that would cry if they saw a gun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chickens 1 hr really 1
Rushville Republican 1 hr reader 5
Greensburg Music Thread Mon Musikologist 1
Honda Hiring Process? (Jun '11) Jun 16 barry 1,309
Valeo hiring through Elwood? Jun 8 Frank 2
Greensburg City Council Meeting Jun 7 1 you wont forget 2
2015-2016 School Fees (Jul '15) Jun 4 sputum 22

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance