Body Found 900S and Base Rd
stupid

Sunman, IN

#22 Jan 30, 2013
U just need to chill out & maybe stop being a smart ass?!
What Now

Oxford, OH

#23 Jan 30, 2013
Stop being so secretive and maybe people wouldn't talk. Until then...don't read this thread if it is too much for you. The fact that the paper published they are awaiting toxicology results is as bad as anything I've asked.
ughh

United States

#24 Jan 31, 2013
Wow I don't know the kid but I'm sorry that an argument over something so senseless has to occur at a time when mourning and condolences shld be made. Who gives a damn who said what what said who or where.. or what might pop up somewhere or if HIS family don't want to share EVERYTHING with the whole god blessed crazy ass town.. and as for news papers.. dear old greensburg daily news let me inform you on how accurate these fucktards are my cousin passed in 03' on sw60 in a carwreck. Then in 05' bam front page doin crafts at a school event.. tell me how you explain tht one to her mentally challenge 9 year old daughter who held her mama till she passed then magically see's her mama on the front page two years later.. so let just keep our sanity here and nit take every news or for tht fact nething seriously if we can and b a community for once and come together damn.. I believe this town has no hope. Only God and tht boy knows what's really happened to b truthful not any of us.. RIP. <3
ughh

United States

#25 Jan 31, 2013
What Now wrote:
Stop being so secretive and maybe people wouldn't talk. Until then...don't read this thread if it is too much for you. The fact that the paper published they are awaiting toxicology results is as bad as anything I've asked.
Umm I do believe in any accident without knowing cause they do a toxicology report .. doesn't necessarily mean nething is gunna come up they just have to rule out everything before ruling it an accident. Js.
zxc876

Cary, IL

#26 Jan 31, 2013
What Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter what the mailing address is. If I was going to Milhousen, I would say Milhousen, not Westport. Milhousen is 12 miles off the mark. Might as well say you're going to Napoleon. Hell, that might be a little more accurate. Don't get shitty with me for expecting what is said to reflect reality.
You r really rude. These ppl just lost a child. Have a little compassion. And....i live on millhousen rd and it takes u right into Westport. Obviously ur no real smart.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#27 Jan 31, 2013
Well sorry. I guess if they told me to go search and rescue in Westport, I'd be about 12 miles off the mark. No wonder, no one seems to know geography.
Add it Up

Oxford, OH

#28 Jan 31, 2013
"According to Allen, the Decatur County SheriffÂ’s Department received a call at around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday of a car 90 percent submerged at the location in question."

"Lair added that ColdwellÂ’s car was located at 8:30 a.m., Wednesday morning by her husband, Jason Cooper, and by Michael Herron, also a cousin."

Huh?

"According to Lair, Coldwell was wearing his seatbelt, but the belt snapped in the accident."

How fast would you have to be going for a 157 # body to snap a seatbelt? Keep in mind that statement was not made by law enforcement.

I also like the lead-in: "A one car, overnight accident Tuesday near Millhousen claimed the life of a North Decatur High School senior."

Near MILHOUSEN, not WESTPORT.

So the police received a report of the car, didn't match the registration or tag to anyone, didn't put it together with the 10pm missing person call, and no one thought to look until 8:30am the next day. Something is not straight in the stories.
Just Sayin

Westport, IN

#29 Jan 31, 2013
Who in the hell named you the geography nazi?? Whatever the fuk reason he was on that road, he is gone now. And left to mourn are his poor family and friends. WHY he was on whichever road is nowhere near relevant. I don't know these people, but my heart goes out to them...not only for their tragic loss, but for having to read ignorant shit written my heartless people. He was a kid. Someone lost their child. For that, and that alone, you should be sympathetic. NOT moronic. Just sayin.
Smart one

Wonder Lake, IL

#30 Jan 31, 2013
What Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter what the mailing address is. If I was going to Milhousen, I would say Milhousen, not Westport. Milhousen is 12 miles off the mark. Might as well say you're going to Napoleon. Hell, that might be a little more accurate. Don't get shitty with me for expecting what is said to reflect reality.
If u have an address of Westport then you probably just automatically say Westport...he wasn't going to milhousen he was going to Westport... All of Westport isn't right in town smart one!
the real kimhubbard

Warsaw, IN

#31 Jan 31, 2013
WHAT NOW WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU HOW CAN YOU BE SO HEARTLESs THESE PEOPLE ARE GREAVING DIDNT YOUR MOTHER TEACH YOU IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY JUST SAY NOTHING AT ALL
What Now

Oxford, OH

#32 Jan 31, 2013
Didn't she teach you not to type in all caps? What did I say that wasn't 'nice'? We were just having a discussion about the facts, rather than letting it all be swept under the rug. If there is nothing to sweep under the rug, then no need to [email protected]^%
spot

Lake Geneva, WI

#33 Feb 1, 2013
Sorry i just dont get this.It bothers me to know that people say he had his belt on was'nt his windows be up how would your body float down stream if you were strap in the car.This is so sad.
I agree

Oxford, OH

#34 Feb 1, 2013
I know spot, things in the story do not add up. Drunks often have their windows down in winter. His facebook says he weighs 157 #, how's that weight going to snap a seatbelt? No one has responded to the discrepancies I pointed out between what the cops are saying and what others are claiming.
Ex police

Sunman, IN

#35 Feb 1, 2013
I agree wrote:
I know spot, things in the story do not add up. Drunks often have their windows down in winter. His facebook says he weighs 157 #, how's that weight going to snap a seatbelt? No one has responded to the discrepancies I pointed out between what the cops are saying and what others are claiming.
The 'g' forces on the body increase dramatically depending on the speed of the vehicle at impact. A several thousand pound force could likely cause the seatbelt to break free especially in an older vehicle. I am aware of a person whose seatbelt broke in a 35 mph accident and caused injury to the driver.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#36 Feb 1, 2013
Sure thing. So how fast was he going? They all want to say this was his normal route home, so it was not an unknown road. This crash happened before the rains, not even in freezing weather. So why was he hot-dogging it? I believe a 99 Camaro would have fine safety belts. This was his normal, every-day route, in okay weather, yet he loses it? Or was he was drunk, and gunning the hell out of it? Which way will it be? Oh wheel of fortune...
Several pound force...sure at highway or interstate speeds. But not on a familiar, unmarked backroad such as that. No shoulder, a section of road most wouldn't take at more than 40 mph. And everyone has been bound and determined to announce that was a road he took everyday. So he knew it. So hell, let's get to it and just wait for the toxicology results. I am most interested. Think they'll print that in the paper?
Sarah

United States

#37 Feb 2, 2013
If this was a normal road for him to be on then he was probably going way to fast. I know that when my husband and I first got together he would drive very fast down roads I wouldn't go over 40 because he knew them very well. He probably Changed the radio, looked at a phone, or something caught his eye for a second. In return had an accident. This doesn't mean anything about drugs or drinking. It is very sad and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
Ex police

Sunman, IN

#38 Feb 2, 2013
What Now wrote:
Sure thing. So how fast was he going? They all want to say this was his normal route home, so it was not an unknown road. This crash happened before the rains, not even in freezing weather. So why was he hot-dogging it? I believe a 99 Camaro would have fine safety belts. This was his normal, every-day route, in okay weather, yet he loses it? Or was he was drunk, and gunning the hell out of it? Which way will it be? Oh wheel of fortune...
Several pound force...sure at highway or interstate speeds. But not on a familiar, unmarked backroad such as that. No shoulder, a section of road most wouldn't take at more than 40 mph. And everyone has been bound and determined to announce that was a road he took everyday. So he knew it. So hell, let's get to it and just wait for the toxicology results. I am most interested. Think they'll print that in the paper?
Try to understand this explanation. The average human being can run at a maximum speed of 15-20 mph. Run as fast as you can into a brick wall or fall from a tree head-first onto concrete then tell me what kind of injuries you got at that speed.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#39 Feb 2, 2013
That is clueless and nuts.
Fred

United States

#40 Feb 2, 2013
Good old GDN messed the story up. The family missed him after he didn't come home and reported it that night. They found his car the next morning at 8:30 AM not PM. He was ejected or washed out of the car and found down the creek hours later. He died on impact and did not have his seat belt on. It is common to do a toxicology test on anyone that dies unexpectedly, doesn't mean they suspect anything it's just to rule it out.
What Now

Oxford, OH

#41 Feb 2, 2013
Okay, now we are getting somewhere. I can buy the paper messing the story up. But his relative is swearing up and down he had his belt on, it snapped. Police didn't state one way or another though. I'm starting to think the relative wants everything to look good, and the police won't comment because they won't lie. Absolutely, toxicology is routine. But it is silly to state that you know for sure that there is no way he had anything in his system. People get surprised, and it is foolish to rule it out. Conveniently, when the results come back in 6-8 weeks this will be forgotten and we won't be informed one way or the other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i support wind farms (Jul '15) 7 hr Ex-Repub 86
Intats union crumbles 8 hr Union 666 5
What with Jessica Vaugh Millers merry manor ? 9 hr Feedup 1
Jessica McCoy 9 hr Someone 2
News Ethanol plant may drop plans (Mar '07) Thu duh 29
Give thanks to Rick Fayette Thu Got Your Number 1
Ear Corn Thu hootowl holler 1

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance