We came from apes.
Truth

Greensburg, IN

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Sorry. We didn't.
yes sir

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 13, 2013
Been proven that we did with actual scientific proof but please believe you book of fairy tales
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#5 Feb 13, 2013
This thread is started by the same atheists who are posting in the "Pope Resigning" thread.
yes sir

Chicago, IL

#6 Feb 13, 2013
I'm not an atheist and I believe in evolution. I don't see why people have a problem with it honestly. They have solid evidence to prove evolution and everyone else has a book written ages ago. Read the bible it was written by man to control people in general think of it as the first book of laws. Obey these rules or the spirit in the sky will punish you!!! Yet everyone hates on pagans and wiccans even though 99% of Christian holidays are stolen from the pagans and the pagans came first.
interesting

Greensburg, IN

#7 Feb 13, 2013
Of course we came from apes, and if you clap 3 times Tinker Bell will come back to life!(That is sarcasm for all you religious flakes who teach homophobia here in Decatur County!) Quick, go pray for me! People are allowed to live without religion being shoved down their throats! And this community is pathetic, they claim to be So Christian but practically encourage bullying! Just stating facts people, you've done proven it to the world you breed nothing but hate here in this county, you've made the national news multiple times about it. Way to aim high there, oh and don't forget your precious prayers, cause obviously you need them more than me.
hot topics

Hartland, WI

#8 Feb 13, 2013
interesting wrote:
Of course we came from apes, and if you clap 3 times Tinker Bell will come back to life!(That is sarcasm for all you religious flakes who teach homophobia here in Decatur County!) Quick, go pray for me! People are allowed to live without religion being shoved down their throats! And this community is pathetic, they claim to be So Christian but practically encourage bullying! Just stating facts people, you've done proven it to the world you breed nothing but hate here in this county, you've made the national news multiple times about it. Way to aim high there, oh and don't forget your precious prayers, cause obviously you need them more than me.
They teach evil by telling them a devil is goin torture them.
Frank Reynolds

Madison, IN

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Maybe evolution is the process by which God created everything?
hot topics

Rushville, IN

#10 Feb 13, 2013
Frank Reynolds wrote:
Maybe evolution is the process by which God created everything?
If there is a creator it's possible. But then you would have to ask who created god? Unless he came from nothing, then there would've been more gods.
Peace

United States

#11 Feb 13, 2013
hot topics wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a creator it's possible. But then you would have to ask who created god? Unless he came from nothing, then there would've been more gods.
Man created god, god did not create man. Like 'yes sir' said, the bible was written by man as a set of rules for that time. It has a good general message, but is very outdated.
Pooh-Kitty

La Fontaine, IN

#12 Feb 13, 2013
hot topics wrote:
We came from apes.
and WHERE did the apes come from?
john henry

Leo, IN

#13 Feb 13, 2013
creation 101 the big bang-that led to planets forming were app 3 billion yrs old there was/are planets billions of yrs older than ours. so to think were the only ones out there is stupid. then comes the bombardment of asteroids/meteoroids that created our atmosphere and therefore established life were the most recent of life on this planet but were probly not the last. what gets me is the diversity of life thats been on this planet from the dinosaurs to us. how does life evole they say we were apes i disagree with that while were close in the gene pool something in us was very different we florished while they didnt. i think we will figure out more when this particle collider results start coming in.
Hot topic

Rushville, IN

#14 Feb 13, 2013
Pooh-Kitty wrote:
<quoted text>and WHERE did the apes come from?
You should research this if your really interested. I would reccomend the best Richard Dawkins. He is the brilliant. You tube or google
Hot topic

Rushville, IN

#15 Feb 13, 2013
john henry wrote:
creation 101 the big bang-that led to planets forming were app 3 billion yrs old there was/are planets billions of yrs older than ours. so to think were the only ones out there is stupid. then comes the bombardment of asteroids/meteoroids that created our atmosphere and therefore established life were the most recent of life on this planet but were probly not the last. what gets me is the diversity of life thats been on this planet from the dinosaurs to us. how does life evole they say we were apes i disagree with that while were close in the gene pool something in us was very different we florished while they didnt. i think we will figure out more when this particle collider results start coming in.
you ever listen to Neil Degrasse Tyson?
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#16 Feb 13, 2013
friend of a friend

Batesville, IN

#18 Feb 13, 2013
So many jaded atheists put their faith (and yes, it is faith) in misguided assumptions. You can't fathom God being infinite yet have no troubles believing that the universe is infinite. Which makes no sense by the way. Philosophy points to the inevitable NEED for a Creator. You can't have an infinite number of events. At some point or another, the universe had to begin. The Bible speaks of God creating everything from nothing. Your science speaks of the same thing. Unfortunately, science can't explain how something can come from nothing. People can claim that quantum physics is proving that something can come from nothing, but that is false considering if quantum physics existed to create anything, by definition there was never "nothing." I suggest taking a look at some philosophy to understand the impossibility of an infinite regress, which is what science is perpetuating as their current explanation. Funny thing about science, it by definition is ALWAYS changing and being corrected. Meaning it's never fully right. We can say we know gravity exists, but we are still very far from being able to completely understand it. And don't even get me started on the origin of life...
I suggest checking out some legitimate Christian Apologists. William Lane Craig and Ravi Zacharias to name a few good starting points.
God Bless.
yes sir

Chicago, IL

#19 Feb 13, 2013
friend of a friend wrote:
So many jaded atheists put their faith (and yes, it is faith) in misguided assumptions. You can't fathom God being infinite yet have no troubles believing that the universe is infinite. Which makes no sense by the way. Philosophy points to the inevitable NEED for a Creator. You can't have an infinite number of events. At some point or another, the universe had to begin. The Bible speaks of God creating everything from nothing. Your science speaks of the same thing. Unfortunately, science can't explain how something can come from nothing. People can claim that quantum physics is proving that something can come from nothing, but that is false considering if quantum physics existed to create anything, by definition there was never "nothing." I suggest taking a look at some philosophy to understand the impossibility of an infinite regress, which is what science is perpetuating as their current explanation. Funny thing about science, it by definition is ALWAYS changing and being corrected. Meaning it's never fully right. We can say we know gravity exists, but we are still very far from being able to completely understand it. And don't even get me started on the origin of life...
I suggest checking out some legitimate Christian Apologists. William Lane Craig and Ravi Zacharias to name a few good starting points.
God Bless.
Science my be constant change but their if proof of something just not an understanding of how it works. It's like looking at a drinking glass on a table you can prove the glass is there but can you explain why the molecules of the glass retain that shape constantly? That's science religion is simply laws and a way for the masses to be controlled. God is an imaginary friend for adults because we as a people cannot accept that when we die we go into the ground and that's it. No heaven no rebirth blah blah blah.
yes sir

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 13, 2013
friend of a friend wrote:
God Bless.
Oh and if you do believe your religion have fun in heaven with adolf Joseph and Osama because they all have the chance to be there with you
friend of a friend

Batesville, IN

#21 Feb 13, 2013
yes sir wrote:
<quoted text>
Science my be constant change but their if proof of something just not an understanding of how it works. It's like looking at a drinking glass on a table you can prove the glass is there but can you explain why the molecules of the glass retain that shape constantly? That's science religion is simply laws and a way for the masses to be controlled. God is an imaginary friend for adults because we as a people cannot accept that when we die we go into the ground and that's it. No heaven no rebirth blah blah blah.
If you do some research you'd realize how wrong that statement is. Christianity wasn't formed to control the masses, Christians were actually condemned when it sprang up and the masses at that time were going against the Roman Gentiles who were the ones in control in the region. The reason you see pagan influences in Christianity has nothing to do with the Bible itself, but it stems from the fact that the Romans COULDN'T control the uprising of Christianity and therefore had to find a way to appease both sides, thus adding their pagan influence. That has a lot to do with the Catholic church as well. In reality, Christianity is simply following Christ and and His message. People have done what they always do and twist the truth and distort everything they can to suit their needs and gain power. This includes exploiting the Bible. But you have to seek the truth to find it, which is hard for most people to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hiv 9 hr curiosity18 1
Where is the best hair stylist in Greensburg (Feb '11) 16 hr younglady 74
ACORN/AARP No difference 18 hr Observer I 1
Native American history in Greensburg (Jun '13) Mar 27 sock 25
Beach Tiki Bar & Links (Dec '12) Mar 27 Observer 51
wrongfully fired from osl (Dec '12) Mar 24 Sock 58
Honda Hiring Process? (Jun '11) Mar 22 Rick98 1,271
Greensburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web