Next Last
askin the big question

Tinley Park, IL

#1 Feb 24, 2012
i know some of you know men that are cheatin on their wives lets hear about it
really

Lake Villa, IL

#2 Feb 24, 2012
One of Greensburg's biggest Male Wh*res just moved to Hawaii. One gone but many more linger.
mememe

Bryan, OH

#3 Feb 25, 2012
nice to see he made topix again
WoW

Batesville, IN

#4 Feb 25, 2012
Men do all the work and pay ALL the bills...Why shouldn't they get to have some fun?
Anonymous

United States

#5 Feb 25, 2012
There r women that cheat to. Men just get caught
donna

Tampa, FL

#8 Feb 26, 2012
get rid of the who&*s in town that have no respect for them self let alone the wife . problem solved
Anonymous

United States

#9 Feb 26, 2012
Women get caught too
Nobody Important

Plymouth, IN

#10 Feb 26, 2012
This thread is titled "Cheating Husbands." It appropriately avoids saying, "Cheating Men." Why do I write that? Because in the way that writers wrote the scriptures, they described the changes in a man when he takes a woman as his companion.

See Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:5, and Ephesians 5:31.

When a "man" leaves his mother and father, it means he stops being a child. It means he is now a man. It means he is an adult with obligations and responsibilities. In ancient times, the groom went out to the bride and formally and legally, she was no longer a member of her parent's household. That's why dowries were presented. In a sense, dowries were much like inheritances, except that they came before the parents were deceased. This was to symbolize the leaving of her family and the joining of another. This is also why we have a tradition of the woman changing her name to the husband's last name.

Consider that in medieval Europe (5th to 15th century), men didn't marry until they gained their inheritance upon the passing of the family patriarch. It often meant men didn't marry until they were older, and their wives (of child-bearing age) were considerably younger. And though child rearing was carried out by the wife, both she and the offspring were considered as a proprietal extension of the man ... in a physical, spiritual, and economic sense.

Today, "manhood" is about society recognizing that one becomes a man by artificially imposed means (age), and that once a man, he will have to provide, will have to fight in wars (potentially,) and will exercise civic powers which until a century ago only belonged to men. The marriage ceremony has changed. The groom waits, and the bride is presented.
Nobody Important

Plymouth, IN

#11 Feb 26, 2012
Fine ... whoever rates my posts as spam, clueless, and nuts.

Lets define "manhood" on YOUR terms.... Real men are uncultured animals. They can't give a flying hoot less whether the mother of their children is derived from a bar or a New Orleans whorehouse.

Real men don't care if their children are properly reared, are nourished, are properly clothed, or have any manners. They don't care that their children are ambassadors of a man's character and ability to control his affairs. For all real men care, children don't need spiritual enlightenment. They can run the streets scantily clad and forage for themselves by the manner of thievery that a scamp is accustomed. After all, a real man's children is society's problem to deal with!

Dumbass.
Hoosier Hillbilly

Roy, WA

#12 Feb 27, 2012
Reverse logic:

Lets define "manhood" on YOUR terms....( I don't know who YOUR is )

Real men are uncultured animals

uncultured animals are husbands

:: therefore ::
husbands are real men

Did I get that right Nopo?..using (?) YOUR (?) terms?
Nobody Important

Plymouth, IN

#13 Feb 27, 2012
No, you didn't. The first paragraph went over your head....
Nobody Important wrote:
This thread is titled "Cheating Husbands." It appropriately avoids saying, "Cheating Men." Why do I write that? Because in the way that writers wrote the scriptures, they described the changes in a man when he takes a woman as his companion.

See Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:5, and Ephesians 5:31.

When a "man" leaves his mother and father, it means he stops being a child. It means he is now a man. It means he is an adult with obligations and responsibilities.
Nobody Important

Plymouth, IN

#14 Feb 27, 2012
What obligation is in the marriage vow?... That a real man will forsake all others!

What responsibility does a real man assume?... To be true in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, and that he will love and honor his wife all the days of his life.

Therein lies the difference of a cheating husband and a real man, and they aren't necessarily the same.
Hoosier Hillbilly

Roy, WA

#15 Feb 27, 2012
"Lord, I have a problem."

"What is it, Eve?"

"I know that you created me and provided this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, especially that hilarious snake, but I'm just not happy."

"And why is that Eve?"

"Lord, I'm lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."

"Well, Eve, in that case I have a solution. I shall create a man for you."

"Man? What is that Lord?"

"A flawed creature with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat and be vain. All in all he'll give you a hard time, but he'll be bigger and faster and will like to hunt and kill things. I'll create him in such a way that he will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He won't be as smart as you, so he will also need your advice to think properly."

"Sounds great," says Eve, with ironically raised eyebrows, " but what's the catch?"

"Well,.....you can have him on one condition."

"And what's that Lord? "

"Well, since he'll be proud, arrogant and self-admiring, you'll have to let him believe that I made him first. And it will have to be our little secret .. you know, woman to woman."
Nobody Important

Plymouth, IN

#16 Feb 27, 2012
Proverbs 5 (New International Version)

My son, pay attention to my wisdom, turn your ear to my words of insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge. For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave. She gives no thought to the way of life; her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.

Now then, my sons, listen to me; do not turn aside from what I say. Keep to a path far from her, do not go near the door of her house, lest you lose your honor to others and your dignity to one who is cruel lest strangers feast on your wealth and your toil enrich the house of another. At the end of your life you will groan, when your flesh and body are spent. You will say, "How I hated discipline! How my heart spurned correction! I would not obey my teachers or turn my ear to my instructors. And I was soon in serious trouble in the assembly of Godís people."

Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well. Should your springs overflow in the streets, your streams of water in the public squares? Let them be yours alone, never to be shared with strangers. May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer ó may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love. Why, my son, be intoxicated with another manís wife? Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman?

For your ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all your paths. The evil deeds of the wicked ensnare them; the cords of their sins hold them fast. For lack of discipline they will die led astray by their own great folly.
Nobody Important

Plymouth, IN

#17 Feb 27, 2012
Gee, Hillbilly. Proverbs 5 contains that "knowledge" thing we discussed the other day in another thread. You know ... the one that was rated as being spam, clueless, and nuts.

Is it "spam" to quote the bible? Dare you say the bible is "clueless" and "nuts?"
donna

Tampa, FL

#18 Feb 27, 2012
WHY DO YOU TWO ALWAYS TAKE OVER THE CONVO ? why don't you just call or go to his house dang
Nobody Important

Plymouth, IN

#19 Feb 27, 2012
Donna,

Where have you been since yesterday?

It isn't like you've been prohibited from posting.

What do YOU think of the distinction I've made between husbands (in name only) and of real men? Or is it that in making a distinction, I've killed the possibility of having a general cut-down session over men in general?
Hoosier Hillbilly

United States

#20 Feb 27, 2012
NObody's stop'n you dear "&" 'i' did see you found time to get U'r 2 cents worth in(?)
'i've made 2 'posts' on this page-same as U!..soooooooo stop your __________i'm sure U know what word 'i'd fill this =blank= with!
You snow-bird'n are you live there?
Funny Funny Funny

Freetown, IN

#21 Feb 27, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
"Lord, I have a problem."
"What is it, Eve?"
"I know that you created me and provided this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, especially that hilarious snake, but I'm just not happy."
"And why is that Eve?"
"Lord, I'm lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."
"Well, Eve, in that case I have a solution. I shall create a man for you."
"Man? What is that Lord?"
"A flawed creature with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat and be vain. All in all he'll give you a hard time, but he'll be bigger and faster and will like to hunt and kill things. I'll create him in such a way that he will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He won't be as smart as you, so he will also need your advice to think properly."
"Sounds great," says Eve, with ironically raised eyebrows, " but what's the catch?"
"Well,.....you can have him on one condition."
"And what's that Lord? "
"Well, since he'll be proud, arrogant and self-admiring, you'll have to let him believe that I made him first. And it will have to be our little secret .. you know, woman to woman."
That was funny.

Might even be true.

Truth IS often stranger than fiction.
Nobody Important

Plymouth, IN

#23 Feb 27, 2012
C'mon, Donna of Brooksville, Florida. Out with it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Wreck called Hillary Clinton Mon The Egregious One 2
Blocked alley Dec 4 Hoosier Hillbilly 2
An update might be in order Nov 27 Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Honda Hiring Process? (Jun '11) Nov 23 Who Cares 1,318
anyplace in town that takes free stuff to GIVE ... (Oct '13) Nov 21 JayJay 8
Greensburg Music Thread Sep '17 GreensburgHick 2
Vote for Hillary (Nov '16) Aug '17 Jack32670 32

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance