Greensburg Gymnastics & More

Posted in the Greensburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GiRlY1976

Greensburg, IN

#1 May 24, 2011
Has anyone else had issues with Becky? Seriously- If anyone out there is interested in enrolling their child in gymnastics/cheerleading- I would recommend Top Flight Gym.... we just switched after over a year at gymnastics & More- and just an FYI- that lady does NOT know how to run a business... she has her kids teaching classes, while at Top Flight- the coaches are actual competition gymnasts. So, after being treated like sH%* by the owner- everyone else should really consider if they want to spend their money on lessons where the child will learn something at a much faster pace, or if you don't mind if it takes your child 6 months to learn how to do a damn cartwheel!
pmc

United States

#2 May 24, 2011
GiRlY1976 wrote:
Has anyone else had issues with Becky? Seriously- If anyone out there is interested in enrolling their child in gymnastics/cheerleading- I would recommend Top Flight Gym.... we just switched after over a year at gymnastics & More- and just an FYI- that lady does NOT know how to run a business... she has her kids teaching classes, while at Top Flight- the coaches are actual competition gymnasts. So, after being treated like sH%* by the owner- everyone else should really consider if they want to spend their money on lessons where the child will learn something at a much faster pace, or if you don't mind if it takes your child 6 months to learn how to do a damn cartwheel!
im sorry but i do not agree with you totally. granted becky and her girls can all be a little snooty at times, but my daughter has learned alot from them, and it's cheaper than top flight. i think it really has alot to do with the size of the class that they are in. if there is say more than 5 or 6 in the class, that's when they just dont have the time to work one on one and they learn slower, but if its semi private or private they advance quickly.
Anonymous

Sunman, IN

#3 May 24, 2011
I love G&M. They have been nothing but super nice to us and my daughter has learned a ton. Very happy with our choice to join there!
Lacy Puckett

Greensburg, IN

#5 May 24, 2011
I totally disagree with you! Becky and her daughters have been super nice to my daughter and I. My daughter has learned quite a bit! And I have watched them work with the cheerleaders and it's amazing how they can teach such young children to do such an amazing job! I have never heard nor seen any of them be anything but kind to everyone! I think you just have a personal problem with one of them and are being extremely immature trying to talk negatively about them!
Janie

Bronx, NY

#6 May 25, 2011
Yes, I could see how you could get on beckys bad side since you did not pay your bills.
GandM Forever

Brooklyn, NY

#7 May 25, 2011
Well, I agree with lacy about the fact that it's just a personal problem considering you only mentioned becky and her daughters, and there are other girls who work there as well. Since I'm assuming you're a parent...this is not only immature but embarrassing that you have enough time on your hands to post something so ridiculous. We have had an awesome experience with Becky and her girls, and my girls have learned so much. I think being in business 11 years and holding 17 national championship is enough to say that they have been very successful not only in their gymnastics program but in their cheerleading program as well. David worked for Becky for several years, and there was obviously a reason he was fired. Gymnastics and more is an awesome place to bring your kids everyone.
anon

Greensburg, IN

#8 May 28, 2011
Of course Becky will be super nice to you as long as you are handing over money each month. BUT- if you would decide to switch, I guarantee it would be a totally different story. Paying my bill was absolutely NOT an issue for your information and I am just a concerned parent that likes to get my moneys worth for my children. I just felt that she deserved better. I honestly don't feel that this is immature at all... I am very involved in my kids lives, and I just want the best for them. I WILL say tho, I thought that it was very immature of Becky to treat me the way that she did because I thought my daughter would progress faster at another gym. AND apparently I am not the only parent that thinks this considering MANY people have left Gymnastics & More to pursue a more rewarding path for their children.
mom of 1

Greensburg, IN

#9 May 28, 2011
.....everyone's child thrives at a different pace depending on the coach and the child's natural ability. Technique and experience in coaching does play a big part. Cheer tumbling and gymnastics are two totally different things....with that being said, its most important that your child is being taught skills the SAFE way and that they are happy with where they are. The parent has to decide where they are willing to spend their money and if they are comfortable with their daughters level of safety.
Janie

Batesville, IN

#10 May 29, 2011
@ anon. Why didn't you pay your bill then?
luvmydaughter

Brooklyn, NY

#11 May 29, 2011
I take my daughter to G&M and wouldnt never consider switching. I like that the gym is ran by a family. And I'm pretty sure all of the girls that work there have been in compititions themselves and can do what they teach. They have been nothing but nice to me and my daughter so I could not disagree with you more on this matter!
anon

Greensburg, IN

#12 May 30, 2011
Janie wrote:
@ anon. Why didn't you pay your bill then?
yeah... "janie"... in case you didn't read in my last post.. I DID pay my bill.. and it wasn't an issue. Obviously you are more concerned about my money than the whole purpose of this post. AND I did say that I never had any problems with them until I decided to switch gyms. After speaking with some other mothers this weekend who had ALSO switched, Im pretty sure my daughter will be far more successful in the long run. SO.. thanks for your concern about my non-existant bill, but really- no need for it.:D Thanks tho!
Momof1

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 1, 2011
Are top flights prices decent?
GandM Forever

Greensburg, IN

#14 Jun 2, 2011
Well before Signing my daughter up at gymnastics and more, I checked around on prices and such. I have nothing personally against top flight, but their prices were much more expensive. Not only that, but my daughter was interested in cheerleading, and I had found out that their cheer team gets last place a lot. Not to mention that any time they've been up against gymnastics and more at a cheer competition, they've lost.(i saw that more than once first hand) I don't regret my decision in taking her to g&m, they're awesome!
anonymous

Batesville, IN

#16 Jun 6, 2011
To all of you, you are all being extremely immature and if I were all of you I would just stop where you are and go on with your life. If this is all you have to worry about then you really have no clue of the real world because there are much more important things to worry about. I am not on either side because to me as long as my children are taken care of and treated well than it doesnt really matter how I am treated. Just stop your fussing and get over your little issues. I have heard of the little issues between both gymnastics places and think its completely IDIOTIC the way both organizations, parents, and CHILDREN are acting! Teach your children a lesson and stop running your mouth about both organizations. They are here to do the same thing, give a child something fun to do. Most of you parents only give their child a bad example---that being rude and nasty is OK. This is why our city and many other cities are so awful. GREAT EXAMPLE PARENTS! Hope you feel good about yourselves.
anonymous

Batesville, IN

#17 Jun 6, 2011
oh and choosing a place because they win more? Come on, since when is winning the most important??? TYPICAL GREENSBURG PEOPLE!!! ITS ABOUT THE CHILD AND THE CHILD HAVING FUN, ITS NOT ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES YOU CAN WIN!!!! Thank god my child will be raised to know these things you are saying are not OK.
wow

United States

#18 Jun 7, 2011
anonymous wrote:
oh and choosing a place because they win more? Come on, since when is winning the most important??? TYPICAL GREENSBURG PEOPLE!!! ITS ABOUT THE CHILD AND THE CHILD HAVING FUN, ITS NOT ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES YOU CAN WIN!!!! Thank god my child will be raised to know these things you are saying are not OK.
REally??? If this town and the people in it are so bad then, move! That's what this forum is about...voicing opinions and if you don't like it then don't read it. As far as everyone showing their kids an example, your not any better, your posting has nothing to do with facts on either gym, it's nothing more than you running your mouth about everyone else's opinion... so mind your own business!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anon

Greensburg, IN

#19 Jun 7, 2011
"Teach your child a lesson and stop running your mouth about both organizations"
ha... I monitor the websites my children visit and this is MOST DEFINITELY one that they are NOT allowed to be on! The MAIN purpose of the very first post was to point out that the OWNER of G&M was VERY RUDE. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person in Greensburg that agrees. BUT like usual, the "people of the burg" had to dig deeper and start more drama than was even necessary. AND just to point out to the people that are making comments such as "you are all being extremely immature"- don't you realize that you aren't being a very good role model either by "adding fuel to the fire"??? Just sayin ;)
OnlyTheIssueIsIm portant

Marysville, OH

#20 Jun 7, 2011
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
REally??? If this town and the people in it are so bad then, move! That's what this forum is about...voicing opinions and if you don't like it then don't read it. As far as everyone showing their kids an example, your not any better, your posting has nothing to do with facts on either gym, it's nothing more than you running your mouth about everyone else's opinion... so mind your own business!
Perfectly proving what the other person pointed out about Greensburg you did! Typical Greenburg resident, if someone has an opinion different than your "tell them to leave Greensburg" -you are a pathetic overgrown spoild child!
wow

United States

#21 Jun 8, 2011
OnlyTheIssueIsImportant wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfectly proving what the other person pointed out about Greensburg you did! Typical Greenburg resident, if someone has an opinion different than your "tell them to leave Greensburg" -you are a pathetic overgrown spoild child!
and....like i said, if you don't like it don't read it! you must be just as pathetic to be replying!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
buggy1972

Batesville, IN

#22 Jun 8, 2011
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
and....like i said, if you don't like it don't read it! you must be just as pathetic to be replying!
All I can say is it looks like the pathetic one is "wow" calling another person 'pathetic' for replying when "wow" is obviously the pot calling the kettle black! Lol, typical attitude here it seems. And by the way "OnlyTheIssueIsImportant " don't worry about "wow" they are obviously just ticked cause they got called out...not everyone around here is a rude like them, there are some good peeps here in the burg.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HIV people in town 1 hr Really_ 2
Any Gamers In Town? 8 hr BORED 1
VIDEO of City of Greensburg IN Public meetings (Dec '11) 21 hr Armondo Paradez 254
why is mcdonalds the slowest drice thru 21 hr Rick Fayette fool... 21
GOD ~ ~ ~ less America!!! Aug 26 Hoosier Hillbilly 1
FOX Nation Aug 26 Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Honda Hiring Process? (Jun '11) Aug 25 Redranger63 1,278
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages