Bath Salt Epidimic In Decatur County.

Posted in the Greensburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gburg grandfather

United States

#1 Feb 1, 2012
I don't understand why this can't be controlled..How is this available to our kids isor beyond me this stuff is being used and abused all over Decatur Co and something needs to be done.The people who use it can be very dangerous while under the influence of it and it seems that those with underlying mental problems can easily be set off into a blind rage when withdrawing from it.Something needs to be done before more family are destroyed by the effects of this bathe salt epidemic ..
boycott
#2 Mar 19, 2012
everyone needs to stop buying from the places that sale this stuff. that would make the business think about what they are doing. Low Bob's, VIBE, and BP. dont visit these places...
whatever

Oxford, OH

#3 Mar 19, 2012
We know, for example, that these products often contain various amphetamine-like chemicals, such as methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MPDV), mephedrone and pyrovalerone. These drugs are typically administered orally, by inhalation, or by injection, with the worst outcomes apparently associated with snorting or intravenous administration. Mephedrone is of particular concern because, according to the United Kingdom experience, it presents a high risk for overdose. These chemicals act in the brain like stimulant drugs (indeed they are sometimes touted as cocaine substitutes); thus they present a high abuse and addiction liability. Consistent with this notion, these products have been reported to trigger intense cravings not unlike those experienced by methamphetamine users, and clinical reports from other countries appear to corroborate their addictiveness. They can also confer a high risk for other medical adverse effects. Some of these may be linked to the fact that, beyond their known psychoactive ingredients, the contents of "bath salts" are largely unknown, which makes the practice of abusing them, by any route, that much more dangerous.
NO MORE

Oxford, OH

#4 Mar 19, 2012
AS OF MARCH 15, they are all illegal! now law passed, all synthetic drugs and bath salts, potpurri, etc is now illegal. The law was written if they change a formula, no need to wait for legislation, can be changed by the state to make the new stuff illegal too.
WoW

Batesville, IN

#5 Mar 19, 2012
Ohh well back to robbing old ladies for crack money since my bath salts are illegal. Bet my dealer was happy when they changed the law!
leah

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Apr 10, 2012
i doubt they will get rid of it fully cuz the towel heads at marathon my walmart can't understand american way and still sneak and sell it. i hope they bust them all this drug has done nothing but brought pain to many families my sister tried to kill herself while she was on it and look how many younge kids have done this its not safe!!!!!! i'd rather see them smoke weed or drink than see this happening and funny thing is i'm totally against drugs!!!!!!
casey

Hoffman Estates, IL

#7 Mar 24, 2013
boycott wrote:
everyone needs to stop buying from the places that sale this stuff. that would make the business think about what they are doing. Low Bob's, VIBE, and BP. dont visit these places...
You people are idiots.. Why dont you boycott the liquor stores while your at it.. see how far u get
dumb

Belvidere, IL

#8 Mar 24, 2013
You guys are all dumb, its not stores fault that the people close to you are big enough idiots to use cleaners to get high. And low bobs doesn't even sell anything like that, learn your facts before you open up your gossip filled mouth...smh
Population Control

United States

#9 Mar 24, 2013
I have a handgun permit for a reason. If one of these dopers starts something while enraged, guess what? It'll be a short lived rage. Look at it this way, they r killing themselves. Either they get help and get sober or dnt. It is what it is. Let them kill themselves. If u r afraid of their rage, get a permit and solve ur problem.
huh

Herndon, VA

#10 Mar 24, 2013
i must be way out of the loop! i havent heard of bath salts around here for a while. not that i care, but i used to run with trash, because i got caught up in the drug world & thank GOD i got out of it, but im pretty sure (not certain) that they do not sell that around here. actually you may not be able to get it at all.
umm

Greensburg, IN

#12 Apr 1, 2013
pretty sure i saw bath salts for sale in the dollar tree...
sick of it

Homer Glen, IL

#13 Apr 1, 2013
umm wrote:
pretty sure i saw bath salts for sale in the dollar tree...
Not the same thing.
Really_

United States

#14 Apr 2, 2013
Another way to cull the herd.
KEEL

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Apr 2, 2013
You can buy incense and air fresheners at Vibe. No bath salts.
dana towles

Connersville, IN

#16 Apr 2, 2013
I thought bath salts,were for the tub,not to ingest.who in the heck came up with this,just like that fake weed,totally ignorant.it says on the label not for human consumption.I watched some videos about it.those people r crazy when their on it.that's why my husband and I have a personal protection permit.and carry.cause he has only one leg.yes has a fake one.but much easier just to shoot the bloomin idiots.and yes all they are doing is slowly killing themselves.let emm.I know of a boy who has been doing stupid stuff.only a matter of time,before he is at rock bottom.and u can tell he is doing drugs.but he denies it.when someone has been down that road.they can tell when someone is on somethig.and his face is startig to sink in,so that's a lot of drug use.retired druggies can tell.I'm so glad that I never wanted to do that fake crap.people we have to stop it.I'm just saying this shit is bad.
gun control needed

Greensburg, IN

#18 Apr 2, 2013
dana towles wrote:
I thought bath salts,were for the tub,not to ingest.who in the heck came up with this,just like that fake weed,totally ignorant.it says on the label not for human consumption.I watched some videos about it.those people r crazy when their on it.that's why my husband and I have a personal protection permit.and carry.cause he has only one leg.yes has a fake one.but much easier just to shoot the bloomin idiots.and yes all they are doing is slowly killing themselves.let emm.I know of a boy who has been doing stupid stuff.only a matter of time,before he is at rock bottom.and u can tell he is doing drugs.but he denies it.when someone has been down that road.they can tell when someone is on somethig.and his face is startig to sink in,so that's a lot of drug use.retired druggies can tell.I'm so glad that I never wanted to do that fake crap.people we have to stop it.I'm just saying this shit is bad.
That a threat hope they go to cops sounds like some gun control needs to be done with you and him if cops watch this something needs to be done
dana towles

Connersville, IN

#19 Apr 2, 2013
Threat to whom.who wants to hurt me,people of america have a right to defend themselves,from junkies who want to rob,rape and kill and still.I'm sure the cops are reading this.I didn't put anyones names on here.just that we have a right to protect ourselves from crazies.u would do the same,unless ur one of the junkies.wasn't meaning no threats.just state n the facts everyone has the right.I woukd hurt anyone,just to do it.u need to stop,trying to bash me.I have children and already have had death threats from some things going on,which I had no idea shit was going down like that.let me ask u,if someone was trying to hurt u,kill u.wouldn't u defend urself.the cops can only do so much.they are helpful,but no around sometimes when u need them.put ur hate aside please.would u defend urself,if the person was gona try and kill u?or just be killed? Steal ,I'm meant.
dana towles

Connersville, IN

#20 Apr 2, 2013
I said I wouldn't hurt anyone unless I had to,but I couldn't ever kill...that's is not me...
dana towles

Connersville, IN

#21 Apr 2, 2013
Here's a true story .last year round may I believe,I was outside in my carport.was sitting there,was nice out.was getting darker.kids went to bed.so I was outside.like I said.started hearing something very loud out front,so I started walking to the front of the house.look up and there's this guy hanging from my gutters trying to get to my second story.I said what the hell are r u doing?he just hangs there,says nothing.so I say get the hell down and get away from here.so he drops ,just stands there.u can clearly tell he's on something.I call the cops,he stumbles off.com e to find out,it was this crap he was on.now tel me .what any of u would done.please.that coukd have gotten me hurt,I as shaky abd scared.
dana towles

Connersville, IN

#22 Apr 2, 2013
I'm sorry for the typos,please excuse my no auto correct.sorry.I'll do better.and re read,before I post.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chronological Bible 2 hr Anoymous 7
Store closing 4 hr FactChecker 2
Tim Carrol (Mar '13) Sat Ginger 105
Karena Shelton Sat IdHitIt 5
Dollar General Store Dec 2 justwondering 8
should marijuana be legalized in indiana (Feb '13) Dec 1 poopypooper 105
Industrial Maintenance Job Fair - Honda Manufac... Dec 1 Lori Legge 1

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance