of 39
Next Last
Santorum Is A Loser

Indianapolis, IN

#830 May 23, 2012
M Jean Johannigman wrote:
<quoted text>
I had hopes he would make it as well.
Chiropractors across the country can now breathe a sigh of relief. As president,Santorum would believe he was the king of the world and file frivolous lawsuits everyday of his tenure as El Presidente!

Rick Santorum. A president for the feeble-minded.
Retired

Lafayette, IN

#831 Jun 7, 2012
Albert

Greensburg, IN

#832 Jun 7, 2012
Rick Santorum is a God. Nopo, you should kneel at his feet when you are in his presence. If you need to make a decision always think: WWRSD.
Nobody Important

Columbia City, IN

#833 Jun 7, 2012
Well unfortunately, we won't have to worry about "WWRSD" unless he is offered and accepts the vice-presidency, which would put him just outside the oval office.

Still, I'm more comfortable with the thought of THAT, than I was with that quack, Sarah Palin in the position. I'd like to say that McCain's pick was a joke, but it was a nightmare that might have become reality.
Women

Lafayette, IN

#834 Jun 8, 2012
QUACK! QUACK!
WWJMD
M Jean Johannigman

Greensburg, IN

#835 Jun 8, 2012
THIS IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT RICK SANTORUM IS MAKING ON FOX NEWS right now.

Margaret,

Over the past two months, I've spent a lot of time reflecting upon the past year. I've been thinking about the campaign we ran, the overwhelming support from our grassroots family, and how we accomplished what nobody thought we could: we reminded the nation that conservative values are alive and well all across America.

I knew that we had to harness that success and momentum, and keep propelling forward our shared commitment to promoting faith, family, freedom and opportunity in this country.

That is why I've decided to launch a new organization, Patriot Voices. This grassroots and online organization is founded on the values you and I hold in the highest regard, and is a platform for Americans across the country to stand together to affect change that otherwise could not be accomplished alone.

We have a goal of recruiting one million members who share our convictions, and who:

• Believe that family is the foundation for a healthy society and a strong economy;

• Believe in freedom and American exceptionalism, entrepreneurship and opportunity, and personal responsibility;

• Seek to be a voice for those who often cannot find for themselves: the unborn, the disabled, the elderly, and those struggling economically in these difficult times

With our one million members united in Patriot Voices, we can drive the defeat of Barack Obama in November, offer support to candidates who will stand up for conservative values, and continue to transform the political landscape of our country.

I couldn't have run my campaign without you, and I can't make Patriot Voices the organization it should be without your help, either. Would you consider learning more about Patriot Voices by watching my video, and becoming one of the first members on our website?

I remain forever grateful for your support, and look forward to continuing our message with Patriot Voices.

Rick Santorum
M Jean Johannigman

Greensburg, IN

#836 Jun 8, 2012
Here is the link to Rick Santorum's latest endeaver...PATRIOT VOICES

Check it out

http://www.patriotvoices.com/
Nobody Important

Columbia City, IN

#837 Jun 8, 2012
Women wrote:
QUACK! QUACK!
WWJMD
QUACK! QUACK!
Retired

Lafayette, IN

#839 Jun 8, 2012
http://www.patriotvoices.com/
I think ^this guy^ and Joel Osteen or [email protected] least brothers...
Both have messages "You should 'listen to'!
M Jean Johannigman

Greensburg, IN

#840 Jun 11, 2012
M Jean Johannigman

Greensburg, IN

#841 Jun 12, 2012

Dear margaret jean,

First, thank you for helping us launch Patriot Voices with such enthusiasm! Karen and I are thrilled that folks from all over the country are joining forces with us to stand tall and fight for faith, family, freedom and opportunity.

Following our launch last Friday, Patriot Voices has hit the ground running focusing on many of the critical issues we fought for during the presidential campaign. And the first of those issues is one that cuts to the heart of one of Patriot Voices' priorities -- protecting our Constitutional right to religious freedom. When I was told about this, it was hard to believe it was happening with such little media attention!

Our religious liberties and our freedom of speech were attacked last Spring when the director of the Houston National Cemetery requested a pastor submit his Memorial Day prayer for approval. The pastor was subsequently asked to edit his prayer and not mention Jesus. That's right- the federal government thought it could tell pastors how to pray! This obvious disdain for our religious freedom is unbelievable!

Thankfully, Kelly Shackelford and his organization, Liberty Institute, intervened on behalf of the pastor, and a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order to prevent the Department of Veterans Affairs (V.A.) from censoring the pastor's prayer.

Needless to say, this event helped reveal a litany of other grievances against our freedom of religion and freedom of speech at this cemetery. It was discovered that words such as "God" and "Jesus" had been banned from use by veterans groups at funerals; the chapel on the grounds was turned into a place for storage and the Bible, cross and Star of David thrown into a closet and volunteers were asked to remove "God Bless" from condolence cards, to name just a few. Widows experienced religious censorship at their husbands' funerals and stated, in tears, that what the V.A. took from them can never be returned. The funeral cannot be "redone."

While there is a final court order against the V.A. over these incidents, Republican Congressman John Culberson, whose congressional district is home to the cemetery, introduced legislation to prohibit the government from interfering with the content of funeral services of our veterans ever again.

This is where Patriot Voices can help play an important role. Let's make sure that those in Congress understand that we will not sit by and watch the Constitutional rights of any Americans violated, especially veterans! It is unconscionable that we have to put forth a bill to protect this right!

Join Karen and me and sign our petition in support for H.R. 2720, and write or call your congressman right now to ask them to co-sponsor this bill with Congressman Culberson. Hearings have just been completed, and now is the time to move to make our voices heard.

Patriot Voices has the ability to make a difference when we unite our voices and stand together. I hope you'll take a moment to sign our petition today and contact your Congressman.

With our voices united,

Rick Santorum

http://view.cmdiemail.com/...
Retired

Lafayette, IN

#842 Jun 13, 2012
Jean is Patriot Voices the "NEW" Tea Party?
M Jean Johannigman

Batesville, IN

#843 Jun 13, 2012
Retired wrote:
Jean is Patriot Voices the "NEW" Tea Party?
not that I am aware of. This is as I understand Rick Santorum and his conservative supporters. Rick is continuing to fight for the conservative values of the people he encountered during his campaign.

I would think you will find many Tea Party members in support of this though. It lines up with much that they believe and are fighting for. I am but I cannot speak for others.
Yea

Chicago, IL

#844 Jun 13, 2012
Go santorum juice
Wow suers

Chicago, IL

#845 Jun 13, 2012
Yes I love him
M Jean Johannigman

Batesville, IN

#846 Jun 21, 2012
By Rick Santorum Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Enlarge Photo

Illustration: Obamacare trouble by Alexander Hunter for The Washington Times more >

"The Obama presidency has been disastrous on so many levels. From unemployment to rising energy prices to an appeasing foreign policy, this Administration has exhibited a multitude of failures. Yet, if we’re to talk about the lack of forward vision that keeps us in this economic recession, look no further than Obamacare. Of all legislation developed from the president’s left-wing ideology, Obamacare is the defining policy of his first, and hopefully only, term.

As we await the Supreme Court’s decision on the individual mandate, I write today as concerned about the economic and religious freedom ramifications as I am about the individual mandate. Don’t get me wrong. I firmly believe the individual mandate is an undeniable infringement on our constitutional rights. Our Founding Fathers devised a system of government in which individual liberty is protected with restraints on the government. The Constitution enumerated powers that Congress possesses with most of the authority reserved for the states. The Founders never intended that those powers would grow and expand to the point where Congress could one day force Americans to purchase health insurance. Obamacare is an unprecedented exodus from our system of limited government. It was the president’s important legislative priority because he has a fundamentally different view than conservatives have of the proper relationship between the government and individuals.

But putting the constitutionality of the individual mandate aside, the underlying ideology of Obamacare is a time-tested example of what not to do, particularly during trying economic times. According to the Congressional Budget Office, Obamacare will result in an estimated 800,000 fewer U.S. jobs. The Heritage Foundation recently determined that Obamacare will result in $52 billion in new taxes on businesses because of the mandate. It will also continue to expand, rather than reduce, our growing federal debt and as well as direct dependency upon government through expanded Medicaid rolls and other means.

However, most alarming are the testimonials of businesses who are witnessing Obamacare’s effects firsthand. One owner of 12 IHOP restaurants recently said that he cannot expand his business because he cannot afford the burden of Obamacare. He simply can’t afford to pay a $2,000 penalty for every part-time waitress, so rather than risk paying all of these new fees, this owner has instead canceled his plans to grow and expand his business.

The effects of ObamaCare are entirely predictable. In fact, I have been a consistent and staunch opponent of Obamacare because we are all aware of the failures of government-run healthcare programs around the world. England and Canada, for example, both have government-run health care systems, and both countries lag in medical care and innovative medicine.

Every American should have access to high-quality, affordable health care, with decisions made by patients and their doctors, not government bureaucrats. America needs targeted, market-driven, patient-centered solutions to address the costs and underlying causes of barriers to access rather than a one-size fits all, government-run health care system. We need solutions that freedom lovers and problems solvers such as John Adams would sign into law, not solutions that might be imposed on subjects by King George."

The rest of Rick Santorum's commentary on this at this link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greensburg Music Thread Sep 9 GreensburgHick 2
Rushville Republican Sep 6 Whatisee 5
Shed/Garage Break Ins Sep 6 slackerman69 1
Vote for Hillary (Nov '16) Aug '17 Jack32670 32
Honda Hiring Process? (Jun '11) Aug '17 Rlancaster602 1,315
Valeo hiring through Elwood? Jun '17 Frank 2
Greensburg City Council Meeting Jun '17 1 you wont forget 2

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance