round 3 protest tabernacle church.
gimmie a break

Greensburg, IN

#23 Jun 12, 2012
Tolerant wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of speech does not protect you from your ignorance or hatred. You can believe what you want and say what you want unless and until you take it to the streets and impact the lives of others who may not believe as you do. If your beliefs and words result in GLBT's being treated unequally under the law, then what you are doing is wrong, immoral, and unchristian. You folks pretend that your beliefs are fully supported by the Bible and therefore justified, but treating any human being as less than equal to you, or even less than human, is both wrong, unconstitutional, and certainly not christian. Throughout these threads, fundamentalists call homosexuals vile, disgusting, dirty, pedophiles, threats to the institutions of marriage, threats to society in general, ad nauseum. You cannot say that you are not spreading hatred with every word. Your words and actions are exactly like those of the southern fundamentalist christians of past who similarly used the Bible to defend slavery, subversion of women's rights, etc. The Nazis started out exactly the same way prior to WWII with their characterizations of jews, gypsies, and of course, homosexuals. You throw rocks, both verbal and real, then run and hide behind your Bibble. And when someone stands up to your disgusting words and actions, you get all dsiturbed and try to turn the tables. Well, get used to it. This is a new and enlightened age.
Well spoken!
Tolerant

Crossville, TN

#24 Jun 12, 2012
Tolerant wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Burn the churches tolerant? Hippocrates. Stick you tolerance. I don't have to be tolerant. It is my choice to condemn homosexuality as a sin and to teach my children that it is a sin.
Sieg Heil!!!
Truth

United States

#25 Jun 12, 2012
gay church wrote:
One of the members of the church is gay,
Maybe thats why he goes.
He can get right.
It sounds like they stand strong on that subject.
Oh Man

Fishers, IN

#26 Jun 12, 2012
Tolerant wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of speech does not protect you from your ignorance or hatred. You can believe what you want and say what you want unless and until you take it to the streets and impact the lives of others who may not believe as you do. If your beliefs and words result in GLBT's being treated unequally under the law, then what you are doing is wrong, immoral, and unchristian. You folks pretend that your beliefs are fully supported by the Bible and therefore justified, but treating any human being as less than equal to you, or even less than human, is both wrong, unconstitutional, and certainly not christian. Throughout these threads, fundamentalists call homosexuals vile, disgusting, dirty, pedophiles, threats to the institutions of marriage, threats to society in general, ad nauseum. You cannot say that you are not spreading hatred with every word. Your words and actions are exactly like those of the southern fundamentalist christians of past who similarly used the Bible to defend slavery, subversion of women's rights, etc. The Nazis started out exactly the same way prior to WWII with their characterizations of jews, gypsies, and of course, homosexuals. You throw rocks, both verbal and real, then run and hide behind your Bibble. And when someone stands up to your disgusting words and actions, you get all dsiturbed and try to turn the tables. Well, get used to it. This is a new and enlightened age.
This literally made me LOL. So...please do tell me how we are making the LGBT community be treated unequally by the law. Tell me how that video and that church voicing their beliefs is any different than your LGBT community voicing their beliefs in videos and shirts and bumper stickers...and all the other ways you shove your "We're here and we're queer!" propaganda down EVERYONE'S throats. And you talk about throwing rocks...and about how when someone stands up to disgusting actions that people get all disturbed...What are YOU doing by by protesting and all the other vile and hateful words??? It is like you folks can believe whatever you believe and shove your "equal rights" agenda down everyone's throats...but no one else is allowed to have an opinion or voice said opinion. THAT sounds pretty Nazi-like if you ask me. I don't have a problem with homosexuality....everyone is entititled to love who they want to love...I do not agree with it at all...but it isn't my right to tell someone else how to live. With that being said, put on your big girl panties and deal with the fact that people are going to disagree with your lifestyle choices....just like we deal with the fact that people are going to disagree with our beliefs and choices.
Tolerant

Crossville, TN

#27 Jun 13, 2012
Oh Man wrote:
<quoted text>
This literally made me LOL. So...please do tell me how we are making the LGBT community be treated unequally by the law. Tell me how that video and that church voicing their beliefs is any different than your LGBT community voicing their beliefs in videos and shirts and bumper stickers...and all the other ways you shove your "We're here and we're queer!" propaganda down EVERYONE'S throats. And you talk about throwing rocks...and about how when someone stands up to disgusting actions that people get all disturbed...What are YOU doing by by protesting and all the other vile and hateful words??? It is like you folks can believe whatever you believe and shove your "equal rights" agenda down everyone's throats...but no one else is allowed to have an opinion or voice said opinion. THAT sounds pretty Nazi-like if you ask me. I don't have a problem with homosexuality....everyone is entititled to love who they want to love...I do not agree with it at all...but it isn't my right to tell someone else how to live. With that being said, put on your big girl panties and deal with the fact that people are going to disagree with your lifestyle choices....just like we deal with the fact that people are going to disagree with our beliefs and choices.
How are they treated unequally? Your not serious! OK... State and Federal tax deductions, family partnerships under IRS business law, inheritance of estate, tax exemption for inherited estate, creating life estate trusts, priority in being a conservator, SS benefits for spouses, public assistance benefits to spouses, family leave, wages, workers comp, and retirement benefits of deceased spouse, bereavement leave, hospital visitation rights, medical decision rights, burial arrangements, after death exams and procedures, receiving equitable distribution of property after divorce, family rates for insurance, tuition, and consumer discounts, right to sue on behalf of spouse, crime victims recovery benefits, immigration and residency benefits, and marital communications privilage. Need any more examples, DUMB ASS? And I'm not female or gay. Get used to the fact that educated straights are going to defend the rights of homosexuals against your talibangelical hatred and assaults. Calling your hatred and prejudice an "opinion" is a sick and demented rationalization on your part. You can have an opinion based on your interpretation of the Bible, but when you take that opinion to the streets and use it to harm others, it becomes prejudice and an outright hate crime.
It's a joke that you equate response to ignorance, hate, prejudice, and assault to the initial injustices themselves. So the response/resistance of blacks to the prejudice they historically experienced (experience) is the same as the hatred, prejudice, violence, etc. that they were opposing? You are one sick individual.
Oh Man

Fishers, IN

#28 Jun 13, 2012
Tolerant wrote:
<quoted text>
How are they treated unequally? Your not serious! OK... State and Federal tax deductions, family partnerships under IRS business law, inheritance of estate, tax exemption for inherited estate, creating life estate trusts, priority in being a conservator, SS benefits for spouses, public assistance benefits to spouses, family leave, wages, workers comp, and retirement benefits of deceased spouse, bereavement leave, hospital visitation rights, medical decision rights, burial arrangements, after death exams and procedures, receiving equitable distribution of property after divorce, family rates for insurance, tuition, and consumer discounts, right to sue on behalf of spouse, crime victims recovery benefits, immigration and residency benefits, and marital communications privilage. Need any more examples, DUMB ASS? And I'm not female or gay. Get used to the fact that educated straights are going to defend the rights of homosexuals against your talibangelical hatred and assaults. Calling your hatred and prejudice an "opinion" is a sick and demented rationalization on your part. You can have an opinion based on your interpretation of the Bible, but when you take that opinion to the streets and use it to harm others, it becomes prejudice and an outright hate crime.
It's a joke that you equate response to ignorance, hate, prejudice, and assault to the initial injustices themselves. So the response/resistance of blacks to the prejudice they historically experienced (experience) is the same as the hatred, prejudice, violence, etc. that they were opposing? You are one sick individual.
Um, excuse me DUMBASS...but I was referring to the video in question when I spoke of how the LGBT community was being treated unequally because that was what they said. They directly said that the church was "making them be treated unequally". So before you go and sling names and your "hate" towards me....maybe you should actually read things first. Just a thought.:) God bless you.
Tolerant

Crossville, TN

#29 Jun 13, 2012
Oh Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, excuse me DUMBASS...but I was referring to the video in question when I spoke of how the LGBT community was being treated unequally because that was what they said. They directly said that the church was "making them be treated unequally". So before you go and sling names and your "hate" towards me....maybe you should actually read things first. Just a thought.:) God bless you.
No you weren't. You were replying directly to my comment and specifically line four. You were spouting pure bull and tripped over your own ignorance. I made no mention of a "video" and there certainly was no "they" in my comment that you cited and responded too. Now you're simply lying. However, even if the scenario was as you wish it were, the answer would be the same. The votes of the fundamentalists such as you result in the unequal treatment under the law that I specifically cited.
SureThing

Bryan, OH

#30 Jun 14, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you went to Church and read your bible you people would know that is old testament Jesus left his will and testament but it was no good till he was gone.Thats why there is an old and a new testament.In acts ch:10 they began to eat meat again.The bible is clear not to refrain from meat.
In other words, Christian folk back in the day realized steak tasted pretty good so they made up a new part of the Bible to fit their needs and wants.
Truth

Whiting, IN

#32 Jun 14, 2012
Yep the video was hacked by a person on twitter and sold it to the media that goed by sockymonky.He is gay and said when he sold it he wanted shot gun blast of hate pushed behind it.He was also the one that helped get the protest going.Just google it your selfs sockymonky mike.
He feeds on gay rights with hate pushing the storys.Also you can find him on the huffblog.He is pushing another story of hate as we speak about two lesbians in the boys scouts.There is nothing hiding you can't find.If you ask me he is a sell out.The truth is coming out.
Truth

Whiting, IN

#33 Jun 14, 2012
Just one more note don't think you will find the real person every time I made an account to trying to talk with him he vanished?He watches for your ip address.Then goes into hiding.He only responds to the media or people he knows.Trash sales and he
sure does sell a lot of it.

Staying with FACTS.
Standupagainstsi n

Tinley Park, IL

#34 Jun 14, 2012
Truth wrote:
Yep the video was hacked by a person on twitter and sold it to the media that goed by sockymonky.He is gay and said when he sold it he wanted shot gun blast of hate pushed behind it.He was also the one that helped get the protest going.Just google it your selfs sockymonky mike.
He feeds on gay rights with hate pushing the storys.Also you can find him on the huffblog.He is pushing another story of hate as we speak about two lesbians in the boys scouts.There is nothing hiding you can't find.If you ask me he is a sell out.The truth is coming out.
AGREED!!!! I would hate to be sockeymonkey Mike when he stands before God for all the trouble he has caused! This church and the members are not full of hate. This was blown out of proportion through the media!
NONSENSE

Lexington, KY

#35 Jun 14, 2012
Truth wrote:
Just one more note don't think you will find the real person every time I made an account to trying to talk with him he vanished?He watches for your ip address.Then goes into hiding.He only responds to the media or people he knows.Trash sales and he
sure does sell a lot of it.
Staying with FACTS.
that makes absolutely no since what so ever! HOMO!
Truth

Canton, NC

#36 Jun 14, 2012
NONSENSE wrote:
<quoted text>
that makes absolutely no since what so ever! HOMO!
THEN GO LOOK FOR YOUR SELF.GOOGLE HIM HE MADE A BUNDLE OF MONEY AND YOU PEOPLE ARE WASTING YOUR TIME ON SIGNS MARKERS GAS.THE STORY IS GETTING OUT THREW SMALL LEAKS.Do you really think a church would want to put this to the public.He is a hacker and I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND HIM FOR MORE THAN A YEAR FOR PERSONAL REASONS. I CAN'T TELL ALL TILL I FIND HIM.He said he would be at the protest but no show he gets people all worked up threw the media.I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET HIS FACEBOOK PROTEST PAGE HAS VANISHED ALSO.
Tolerant

Crossville, TN

#37 Jun 14, 2012
Oh Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are out of your mind lol. My original comment was directed towards the fact that the person said that the video and the church were directly making the LBGT community be treated unequally. Then you come in and twist and turn my words and spout off a whole bunch of crap. You talk about hate and spreading intolerance...but the last 2 posts you have directed at me...with the name calling and all the vile hateful words...makes you absolutely no better than the "fundamentalists" you claim are ruining the world. I am really quite liberal if you actually read what I write. I have no problem with gays or them having the same rights as other couples. My problem enlies in the fact that I believe it is EVERYONE'S right...no matter if they are gay, straight, black, white....whatever...I believe it is their RIGHT to express their beliefs in whatever way that they choose. That video was hacked from a church members personal account. It was private and someone took it upon themselves to steal it and put it out for the public to see. It is that church's right to believe how they do and as long as what they...or anyone else...does is not directly hurting someone...I don't see the problem honestly. So go ahead and respond and sling more of your mental masturbation at me...it isn't going to change myself or anyone else.
Typical fundie babble! Any reasonable person can read the threads and see what you said and meant. And now you want to try another diversion tactic by complaining that the video was hacked. Oh woe are you fundamentalists! You can't even spread your prejudice, hate, and violence without someone standing up and complaining! How dare they! And they've been doing that crap to you since before the Civil War! Actually, any reasonable person can surmise that the "videographer" in question sent the video to like-minded friends by email who sent it to many on their email lists, etc. until it was received by an enlightened person who found it repulsive and took action. Simple as that. Get used to it. This is 2012 and you are going to find many more people who are not going to tolerate the injustices against GLBT's. You are going to be left behind in a modern world to live your sad, hate-filled lives.
Amos

Greensburg, IN

#38 Jun 14, 2012
Never seen anyone so full of hate as Tolerant. Tolerant has so much hate, that everyone looks like hatred to him. It is sad that someone should have so much hate in them, that logic and reasoning is completely past his scope of comprehension. His goal is to keep an avenue open for him to spread his hate. The gay issue is not what he is about, it is the hate that he feels that he must show towards his fellow man. Tolerant, seek help, because you are useless in your present state of mind.
Tolerant

Crossville, TN

#39 Jun 14, 2012
Amos wrote:
Never seen anyone so full of hate as Tolerant. Tolerant has so much hate, that everyone looks like hatred to him. It is sad that someone should have so much hate in them, that logic and reasoning is completely past his scope of comprehension. His goal is to keep an avenue open for him to spread his hate. The gay issue is not what he is about, it is the hate that he feels that he must show towards his fellow man. Tolerant, seek help, because you are useless in your present state of mind.
Like I have said many times before in these threads, you talibangelicals can't accept the fact that there are now people out there who will not quietly sit by and listen to your hate-filled rantings against others who are not of the exact same religious ideology. When someone stands up to you, your only response is to try a role reversal and claim that your historical targets are the real aggressors and that poor, innocent fundies are being mistreated. "Mommie! He called us bad names!!!!" Hey, it's tough being a grown up! But you built the field where this game is being played. Now you want to kick everyone off when you're getting your asses whipped!
Geeze

United States

#40 Jun 14, 2012
Isn' t that what you are doing Tolerant? Someone broke out the word homo and everyone's all in a "fundie" tizzy?
Amos

Greensburg, IN

#41 Jun 14, 2012
Keep working on it Tolerant. When all of the hatred is gone you will feel better. Meanwhile, we will put up with your childish nature until you mature. I bet you was bully in grade school and you are just realizing that it don't work on grownups. Try a little timeout, before you hurt yourself.
Tolerant

Crossville, TN

#42 Jun 14, 2012
Amos wrote:
Keep working on it Tolerant. When all of the hatred is gone you will feel better. Meanwhile, we will put up with your childish nature until you mature. I bet you was bully in grade school and you are just realizing that it don't work on grownups. Try a little timeout, before you hurt yourself.
Sorry to disappoint, but I'm happy as can be. Fighting social injustice is just one of my retirement gigs that I do from time to time between travels. Why are YOU here on this forum? Trying to convince yourself that all that bigotry you were taught isn't a big fraud?

By the way, it's ...you WERE A bully, not "...you was bully...", and ...it DOESN'T work, not "...it don't work...". Now see how kind and helpful I am?
Tolerant

Crossville, TN

#43 Jun 14, 2012
Geeze wrote:
Isn' t that what you are doing Tolerant? Someone broke out the word homo and everyone's all in a "fundie" tizzy?
Yea, that's the way you look at it, huh? Just a word, and just an opinion. Homo here, phag there, sinner here, pedophile there, vile, dirty, disgusting, hell-bound, carriers of disease, etc., etc. Barely even human. Then some gay elementary school kid commits suicide as a result of your words and opinions and you don't even notice. You don't even care. Your evilgelical teens beat a gay high school kid to death just because he's gay and you don't even notice. Don't even care. You just sit on the forums and complain that fundies are getting a bad rap. What do YOU stand for? WHO do you stand for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 1 hr Voter 183
News Rushville police, DCS investigating allegation ... Feb 20 Finnigan9 4
What’s the word? Feb 15 Jo Mama 1
Missing German Shepherd Feb 10 keep watching 1
Native American history in Greensburg (Jun '13) Jan '18 ufo 34
Hope everyone has a good holiday Dec '17 scrooge 2
The Wreck called Hillary Clinton Dec '17 The Egregious One 2

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages