Been there B4

Carmichael, CA

#27 Jan 7, 2013
Hate to see Cults taking advantage of people, my older brother was involved in a Christian Cult at the age of 19. He had a mental breakdown at 21, was being brainwashed & manipulated in the name of the lord. The Church was called "the Boston Movement" or "the International Church of Christ" led by Kip Mckeen who was Living in Malibu rich off of good peoples hard work & devotion. Scary Stuff. Watch out for this guy.
flower

Trinity, NC

#28 Jan 8, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
This church is absolutely a cult masquerading around as a "cool, contemporary" place. Anyone who disagrees or questions anything is labeled as divisive or judgmental. Married pastors have affairs with the parishoners, marriages are torn apart by the church leadership, lawsuits over property that the church convinced a dying old lady to give to the church, pastor's children turn out to be strippers and drug users. There is no accountability as The Bridge was once a Calvary Chapel and a "change in vision" happened after other national Calvary Chapel leaders visited and learned the truth. Whether Calvary separated from David McGee or the other way around is up for dispute. This church caters to vulnerable new believers until they grow and begin to see the cracks of this irreputable place. Then they are labeled as wolves and "escorted out." This is widely known among the local communities outside the church. Stay away or risk being branded as a mindless sheep under an egomaniac wanna-be rock start leader in super tight jeans.
You could not have explained this place any better, thanks brother!
Logical Response

Warrenton, VA

#29 Jan 28, 2013
I visited this church not that long ago and was interested in finding out more about David McGee's music career before becoming a pastor. You would think that someone who had a very "successful" career in music would pop up on google - NOTHING. Not agreeing with all other comments but it made me think....
Jason wrote:
John said...But it's ok for Pastor Dave and Nora to live in a multi-million dollar home...
Pastor David has made it clear that prior to coming into full time service that he was successful in the secular music industry. I don't see why his having the money to afford a nice home is a bad thing. God says that we are not supposed to let the love of money take first place in our lives ahead of the Lord. To have money is not a sin, and having the wealth to afford a nice home is no cause for calling the man a swindler. Come on let's be reasonable, Christians are blessed by God with wealth in various degrees. Some are rich and some are poor. It means nothing in regards to whether they are a true man or women of God. Also, what you give to God is just that...you give to God. If your tithe is misused and squandered then the one who was entrusted with it will answer to the Lord for it. However, again there is no reason to believe that this church is not using it's funds properly simply because the pastor has a nice house. If anyone has proof of such abuse then I would love to see it, but so far all I see is the slinging of accusations without facts to support them. It seems like some people simply think that a rich man can't be a Godly man.
Linda

Duluth, GA

#30 Feb 10, 2013
Some are getting caught up in verbiage: even a church which teaches from the Bible can be in error. There are cults, sects, and (in my opinion where this church fits) "churches that abuse". There are books out on this topic, and they are mentioned in the Bible- not a new thing. The gentleman who critiqued the manner in which the church asked for $$ specifically said he tithes, so get off his case & hear what he is expressing! I was standing in the cafe waiting for service to start, as a first time visitor, when I found these reviews- thank you so much to all who warned about this ace- you are so right - the attitudes & actions you describe are not signs of a healthy church!! Even though I don't have kids with me today, was told about the kids in church rule, as I was being escorted in & red flags went up, for me too, which is why I looked for info on the web! Jesus said not to hinder children from His teachings! Any leadership who is so controlling, is not from God. We are commanded to use our God-given discernment when deciding on a church- thank you again for speaking up!!
Foolish

Greensboro, NC

#31 Feb 10, 2013
Jason said "Pastor David has made it clear that prior to coming into full time service that he was successful in the secular music industry."
Let me be clear. David attended my church before becoming a pastor. He led the worship service but was hardly earning the money needed to buy the house he lives in now. So if you're comfortable giving him money to live the good life instead of helping others with it and living modestly, then give it away. He doesn't live in Summerfield by the way but in Kernersville. However his house is in the $800,000 range. Now do you think Jesus would be living in a $800,000 house while preaching to you on Sunday that he needs more money to do God's work??
Andrea

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Mar 11, 2013
I LOVE PASTOR DAVID AND NORA!!!! I LOVE THE BRIDGE!!!! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO USE THEM IN MIGHTY WAYS!!!!!!!!
His child

Walkertown, NC

#33 May 1, 2013
Faith wrote:
According to spokeo.com a real estate web site.
http://www.spokeo.com Lake+Brandt+Rd+Summerfield+NC+ addresses#1556935811
The McGee home in Summerfield on Lake Brandt is currently valued at $185,000. Not at all a multi-million dollar home as is claimed above.
You are looking at the wrong tax records. This man lives in Forsyth County and tax records are public. His home and land was valued at almost a million dollars before the current reval. Your records are old!
His child

Walkertown, NC

#34 May 1, 2013
There is so much more than just the value of his home! Lots of shady things going on behind the scenes people! The full gospel is not being taught at this so-called church and it doesn't take too long to see the fruits of it. As for someone saying we are not to judge other Christians, that is not biblical at all and I would say you are not reading your Bible or you are taking scriptures out of context. As for this man, he is a hireling and not a true pastor. Many people are waking up and coming out of that place!
His child

Walkertown, NC

#35 May 1, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
This church is absolutely a cult masquerading around as a "cool, contemporary" place. Anyone who disagrees or questions anything is labeled as divisive or judgmental. Married pastors have affairs with the parishoners, marriages are torn apart by the church leadership, lawsuits over property that the church convinced a dying old lady to give to the church, pastor's children turn out to be strippers and drug users. There is no accountability as The Bridge was once a Calvary Chapel and a "change in vision" happened after other national Calvary Chapel leaders visited and learned the truth. Whether Calvary separated from David McGee or the other way around is up for dispute. This church caters to vulnerable new believers until they grow and begin to see the cracks of this irreputable place. Then they are labeled as wolves and "escorted out." This is widely known among the local communities outside the church. Stay away or risk being branded as a mindless sheep under an egomaniac wanna-be rock start leader in super tight jeans.
Everything you have said here is correct and so much more could be added to it. Not only stripper, but now an out of the closet lesbian as well! He, in now way, meets the qualifications to be a pastor as laid out in the Bible.
His child

Walkertown, NC

#36 May 1, 2013
Investigation wrote:
This church needs to be investigated.
I totally agree and hope that it is now being done as there is a lot going on behind the scenes that people don't know about because everything is so secret there.
His child

Walkertown, NC

#37 May 1, 2013
The Bridge -- wrote:
<quoted text>
In the bible it says that if you are a Christian you should NOT judge other Christians. Cult ? That is the most ridiculous thing i've heard about MY church. I attend every Sunday morning, and I am in no way shape or form a "cult member". I am a follower of Jesus Christ wanting to live my life the way Jesus wants me to. Pastor David is doing the work that the Lord died on the cross trying to say. If you wouldn't mind, come to the Bridge one Sunday morning 9am or 11am and be BLESSED you will not find any other church that makes you feel so LOVED and WELCOMED. As for the gentleman who brought his child into the Church, i truly and honestly hope that didn't really happen. But if it did, he needs to email the pastor of that happening and let Pastor David handle that. God Bless.
Can you please give the chapter and verses in their proper context where we are not to judge other Christians? Over and over again, we are warned to beware of false prophets and wolves in sheep's clothing and the Apostles on numerous occasions called out people by name.
His child

Walkertown, NC

#38 May 1, 2013
Foolish wrote:
Jason said "Pastor David has made it clear that prior to coming into full time service that he was successful in the secular music industry."
Let me be clear. David attended my church before becoming a pastor. He led the worship service but was hardly earning the money needed to buy the house he lives in now. So if you're comfortable giving him money to live the good life instead of helping others with it and living modestly, then give it away. He doesn't live in Summerfield by the way but in Kernersville. However his house is in the $800,000 range. Now do you think Jesus would be living in a $800,000 house while preaching to you on Sunday that he needs more money to do God's work??
Before the current reval, the value of house and land was closer to almost 1 million. he also still owns another house in Kville. His tax bill alone was over 10k. No real pastor would live like this while those around are in dire need and some are using their credit cards to live on!
His child

Winston Salem, NC

#39 May 1, 2013
Joe Eskridge Sr wrote:
I have now attended this church on several occasions but all on the Thursday night Bible study. I am currently a member of another church in WS and we do not currently have a "verse by verse" Bible study during the week....thus my attendance at The Bridge. Having responded earlier to some of the allegations I read on this post, I felt compelled to follow-up after attending The Bridge more than one time and experiencing both worship and teaching...with David McGee and other associate pastors and, once, a guest from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. The worship music is very contemporary and lots of fun praising the Lord (and I'm 64). The members present don't worship their pastor but do love him as well as the others teaching who are warmly received. Since the teaching is directly from the Bible which I followed along in my own New International Version, it is hardly a "cult" with the Old Testament taught on Thursday's and I found out the New Testament is taught on Sunday's....verse by verse. In my opinion, those who are attacking this body of believers are either not saved, certainly not mature Christians if they are or are like the "spys" that Paul teaches against in the Book of Galatians who infiltrated the "church" and attempted to cause division by implying that you need Jesus "plus something" to be saved. I hope each one of you ask for forgiveness and repent of your sins. God bless.
You have only been a couple of times but I was there for eight years and very active and behind the scenes. There is A LOT that you don't know so before you say that I and others are not saved, or are infiltrators, you should probably be more discerning, be a Berean and also be more involved. I need to not ask forgiveness as I know firsthand what I saw, heard and experienced and it was not of God so maybe it is you who needs to repent and ask forgiveness and make sure that you are not sitting under a hireling and wolf. I pray your eyes and ears will be opened.
Jeff

High Point, NC

#40 May 5, 2013
Thanks for the reviews. Almost went there this morning and have not decided against it.
faithful attendee

Shelbyville, TN

#41 May 5, 2013
Shocked wrote:
I also attended this "church" on a regular, consistent and faithful basis. At first, I was completely happy that I found a pastor/teacher who taught the Word of God and I enjoyed his teachings. When I decided to go the "meeting" to become involved in the church, they had so many "rules" that I was appalled. They do a criminal background check (which is a good thing in my opinion, especially if, like myself, someone wants to work with the children and youth). What appalled me was that I was asked to sign a "covenant" which in essence was a contact stating that I would "follow the rules" and obey and support the pastor at all times; of course, this meeting was held by his assistant pastor and armour bearers (as the body guards are called and they carry loaded weapons); the pastor himself was not in attendance. It was also stated that I would have to sign a document allowing them to debit my checking account for my 10% tithes and this "rule" was strictly adhered to. Of course, I didn't sign it and decided that maybe the Bridge was not the church for me. It was becoming "all about the money" (just ask him about his $900,000 home). Now, please don't misunderstand me; I am in 100% agreement with tithing and it says so in the Bible. But to have it deducted from my checking account? Really? I also later found out about the "bodyguards" and how not only the pastor has them, but his wife does as well and they accompany them 24 hours a day 7 days a week; even sit outside their home. Now, I realize that there is terrible, horrible things that happen in this world and that schools are not the only places targeted for violence, but is it really necessary for 24/7 guards? I asked to meet with the Pastor and was told that was not "allowed" because they were not going to let discension set in. What? I wasn't cauing discension, certainly not my intention, but I would like to have had some of my nagging questions answered. Not a chance. He would not even give me the time of day. It was only after I was out of that environment that I truly saw how things were there. Yes, the worship is "fun" and very enjoyable; and David's teachings were very informative and I enjoyed listening and learning from him. However, learning more about it after having left (and wishing I had researched more and not allowed myself to get sucked in to all the hoopla), I can say that my eyes have been opened and this is really a cult-like activity and environment. To each his own and I am very happy where I am attending now. I don't mean to sound so critical or judgmental, just sharing my experience and how it didn't go so well.
Sorry... they do not demand you give your bank information....and tje covenant is about what they promise to do for you as much as what they want of thier fellowship....and if you attended regular enough and were involved in the ministries you would fully understand how busy all the pastors are especially Pastor D.

If you didn't like it...fine...but don't lie.
Camron Watlington

United States

#42 May 5, 2013
His child wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please give the chapter and verses in their proper context where we are not to judge other Christians? Over and over again, we are warned to beware of false prophets and wolves in sheep's clothing and the Apostles on numerous occasions called out people by name.
. It may not say not to judge exactly ,but it does say in 1st Corinthians 6:2 KJV, Know ye not that the saints shall judge the world, and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters. And also in 1st Corinthians 5:12-13 it says ,For what have I to do to judge them also that are without, do not ye judge them that are within, But them that are without God judgeth, therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. And also in 1st Corinthians 8:1, it says , If any man think he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.(that last verse was for you). Look, I don't if David is guilty of wrong doing, but regardless the man can preach. If you can't see a reflection of the Holy Ghost in his heart thats fine, but it is not for you a human to judge. I say this as a fallible human because I would never sit in the judgement seat and pass judgement on another based on what I know with a finite mind. But by his fruits he shows no ill will. Let it play out because it says in Acts 5:38-39, If this council or this work be of men it will come to nought, But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it lest haply ye be found even to fight against God. Everything I say in this reply is from not my knowledge, which is imperfect and finite, but from the knowledge of God's Word, let that be your judge friend.
His child

Winston Salem, NC

#43 May 7, 2013
Camron Watlington wrote:
<quoted text>. It may not say not to judge exactly ,but it does say in 1st Corinthians 6:2 KJV, Know ye not that the saints shall judge the world, and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters. And also in 1st Corinthians 5:12-13 it says ,For what have I to do to judge them also that are without, do not ye judge them that are within, But them that are without God judgeth, therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. And also in 1st Corinthians 8:1, it says , If any man think he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.(that last verse was for you). Look, I don't if David is guilty of wrong doing, but regardless the man can preach. If you can't see a reflection of the Holy Ghost in his heart thats fine, but it is not for you a human to judge. I say this as a fallible human because I would never sit in the judgement seat and pass judgement on another based on what I know with a finite mind. But by his fruits he shows no ill will. Let it play out because it says in Acts 5:38-39, If this council or this work be of men it will come to nought, But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it lest haply ye be found even to fight against God. Everything I say in this reply is from not my knowledge, which is imperfect and finite, but from the knowledge of God's Word, let that be your judge friend.
I am taking some time to digest what you have said here and to give you a well thought-out and Scripture-filled response. However, in a very short response, I would like to encourage you to go back and read the Scriptures that you did use towards me and make sure that you are quoting them in their proper context and that you are not twisting them or misunderstanding them. I will get with you later with a more in depth answer to your answer. I would also be curious to know if you read any of my other posts that I put here or if you only read the one I replied to you?
Camron Watlington

United States

#44 May 9, 2013
To His Child- I respect your candor and look forward to your findings, but I assure you I did not in any way in form or susbstance take the scriptures out of context. I have the books of John, Acts, and 1st & 2nd Corinthians memorized in its entirety, and I dwell on them morning, noon, and night ,of everyday of my life, they are either verses written as instructions or a specific situation that I used in my response that pertained to the nature of your question. While I may be flawed, and fallible, the word of God is not, which was the entirety of my response, for would I not be a judge if I gave you any of my opinion in the matter, as it means nothing even as I am nothing in the sight of God ,save through the grace by which his Son Jesus saved me. So then I gave you only God's opinion for he is our judge and juror.
Camron Watlington

United States

#45 May 9, 2013
As to everyone else who browses this page, I regret ever finding it, for while it may be a wonderful example of our freedom of speach as Americans, it is abuse to our own brothers and sisters in Christ. I only hope the truth will manifest by the power of God to you all, and show you these posts are not where our hearts should be. If our posts were on Christ alone neither you nor I would post another thing that does not edify others in Christ, but cast away all the accusations ,and doubts that lead to the destruction of the flesh ,and have a spirited discussion about the abounding grace of our Rabboni (Master), Messiah, The Christ ,our King, in love and peace to edify eachother in the majesty of our Comforter. In a feeble mind, unworthy in His eyes but saved through His grace I write this. Glory be to God, and "He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."
His child

Winston Salem, NC

#46 May 10, 2013
Camron Watlington wrote:
<quoted text>. It may not say not to judge exactly ,but it does say in 1st Corinthians 6:2 KJV, Know ye not that the saints shall judge the world, and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters. And also in 1st Corinthians 5:12-13 it says ,For what have I to do to judge them also that are without, do not ye judge them that are within, But them that are without God judgeth, therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. And also in 1st Corinthians 8:1, it says , If any man think he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.(that last verse was for you). Look, I don't if David is guilty of wrong doing, but regardless the man can preach. If you can't see a reflection of the Holy Ghost in his heart thats fine, but it is not for you a human to judge. I say this as a fallible human because I would never sit in the judgement seat and pass judgement on another based on what I know with a finite mind. But by his fruits he shows no ill will. Let it play out because it says in Acts 5:38-39, If this council or this work be of men it will come to nought, But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it lest haply ye be found even to fight against God. Everything I say in this reply is from not my knowledge, which is imperfect and finite, but from the knowledge of God's Word, let that be your judge friend.
PART 1
Firstly, letís take a look at some of the verses that you have quoted here and letís look at them in their proper context. I do believe that in at least one instance you are reading a verse as a statement, when the Apostle Paul is actually asking question.
Letís go to 1 Corin. 5 and look at all of it and see what the Apostle Paul is saying here:
1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. 2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat . 12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth . Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Greensboro, NC (Mar '12) 6 hr tracy 17
spineless Hells angels supporters (Nov '09) 13 hr Leon Tate Colman 106
hells angles 17 hr lary sylo 2
Sick of all this heroin!!! (Apr '14) 18 hr MsClaus 18
Branch Champion Fri In The Know 3
Mark B Snyder Dec 23 Woodswild 3
What's on your list for an Adult Christmas pres... Dec 21 MsClaus 3
Greensboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greensboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greensboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greensboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:10 am PST

ESPN 6:10AM
Panthers assistant saves family's Christmas
Bleacher Report 9:11 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Panthers
NFL11:34 AM
Cowboys' Rolando McClain (illness) to miss Week 17
Bleacher Report 3:06 PM
Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins: Live Washington Score and Analysis
NFL 4:23 AM
Julio Jones to play; Steven Jackson out for Falcons