Driver killed after high-speed chase ...

Driver killed after high-speed chase identified

There are 58 comments on the News & Record story from Aug 29, 2007, titled Driver killed after high-speed chase identified. In it, News & Record reports that:

The driver of a car police said died in a wreck Monday after leading authorities on a high-speed chase was identified as 17-year-old Greensboro resident Corey Daniel Loman, police said today. via News & Record

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News & Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
loved friend

Wake Forest, NC

#44 Jun 12, 2008
Corey was a nice guy. I remember the first time i met him, i thought he was super crazy and cool.
we hungout that night and just played pranks on people. he is really a good guy. so you people who are talking shit about him can get a life. He was a great guy, and i miss him terribly.
amber

High Point, NC

#45 Jun 15, 2008
i miss u n im glad that we got our problems sorted out before all this happened
Kassie

Pfafftown, NC

#46 Jul 20, 2008
I didn't know this forum was here or I would have posted sooner. see the thing is Corey was the best guy I ever met. I also considered him to be my brother, I couldn't have asked for a better one. he was one of those people that always had your back no matter what, If he thought you were right or wrong, he had your back even if he didn't like it, thats the way he was for me anyways. I never thought that he wouldnt be around, its kind of bitter sweet when I think of him now, I think a lot of times that I can feel him watching over me. theres been to many times that I should of been hurt and Ive been saved by a mistake or something that happened that no one could explain, and I truly believe thats because Corey is watching out. he always did, why should that be different now that hes gone? I don't think that he would let it be any other way. you see he was someone that once you were his friend it was forever he might of gotten mad at you but he still took care of you still watched out.
i think thats the best thing I can say about my Coors, He took care, He spent time, made sure you knew he was there for you and loved you.
Im so sorry that I wasn't a better friend to him, if I had it to do over I would have been a better person. but I guess that he did what he was supposed to do to soon. now all thats left is the missing, the hurt from where he should be here with me.
he was the angel that saved me from myself, and he went away once he did.
Friends are angels who lift us when our own wings forget how or arnt strong enough to keep us up. and that's what he did. he kept me up because I coldnt do it anymore.
Ill always love him.
Kassie
joe

Greensboro, NC

#47 Jul 23, 2008
mrk wrote:
Wow!!!! XXX, I didn't know him, I just read the story. When I read all of the comments it made me mad because these are the people that "enable" this type of behavior and decision making. I would like to add, one less idiot "messing up" on the same road as my family. You say I'm talking stupid by refering to what could've happened. Is drinking and driving ok as long as no one gets hurt? Beacause you have to agree with that to support your statement. Don't be an enabler.
What you must realize is that he was young. When we are young we tend to not think about the consequences.

“Merry me!”

Since: Sep 07

CK

#48 Aug 2, 2008
XXX wrote:
why talk about what couldv'e happened?
So no one else would try 'achieve' what he luckily didn't?
aunt crystal wrote:
To those that think he was being so stupid,he didnt steal the car. He was given the keys by some kids.And for your info he was going to virgina to talk a girl out of killing herself! He made a mistake! Damn havent you ever made mistakes in your life! This one just costed him his life.And yes we are glad he didnt kill anyone. I think he seen the cops and got scared and was trying to run and messed up.So keep your negitive opinions to your self.
So he was even more stupid by taking keys from somebody (he didn't know?). He was in such a rush to talk girl in VA out of suicide that just lost touch with his common sense which definitely was telling him that if he would drove dangerously doesn't get him there a sec faster (not considering fatal accident but just being pulled over, or getting into ER)? And when cops wanted to pull him over he didn't stop because he was still thinking just about the girl in VA. Well... he truly was a great person:/

If you raised him that way - to speed in stolen car, and now you're making up (or really believe in stuff he said maybe:/?) excuses, please don't expect people to be as naive!
Heather Stike

High Point, NC

#49 Aug 29, 2008
Corey Its been a year now and your still on my mind everyday why couldnt my mom just let you come over that night like there's so many questions i think will never be answered but i know that your in heaven and now my mommy's up there and i hope yall finally meet and my mom blessed you out finally...lol but i hope your resting in peace...lol love you lotsss!!
love always,
heather stike
Buford Pusser

United States

#50 Sep 3, 2008
I hope the cop who killed this guy sees how many people loved him. in more civilized parts of the US, realizing technology eliminates the chase, police no longer are required to "hot pursuit". Innocent lives are endangered at the expense of one man's pride.
your badge sir
MICHELLE COUSIN

High Point, NC

#52 Oct 7, 2008
corey i love you and really love you
MICHELLE COUSIN

High Point, NC

#53 Oct 7, 2008
i love you and really miss you
Ethan

Greensboro, NC

#54 Feb 10, 2009
R.I.P
We Miss You
You Were One
Of My Best Friends
Samantha

Greensboro, NC

#55 Sep 28, 2009
In my heart
from the day we met
It broke my heart
to find you were dead

My love to you always
I will see you again
I would like to say
This isn't the end

Don't ask I had a poetic moment. 2 years a month and a day. I miss you still. R.I.P. You were an awesome friend.

Love always,
Sam
Michael Smith High Point

Walkertown, NC

#56 Feb 19, 2010
I only met Corey a few times. He was a remarkable young man who had a loving family. My deepest sympathies go out to them. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Jessica if you ever need anything call an old friend at Southside.

Since: Jan 10

Lincolnshire, IL

#57 Feb 19, 2010
XXX wrote:
For those that are talking stupid Tim in VA and especially mrk I didnt know the young man never heard of him but why talk about what couldv'e happened? The fact is he didnt hit anyone! He made a tragic mistake that cost him his life and my condolences go out to his family.
Tragic mistake? Hardly. A tragic mistake is turning onto a highway in front of a truck. This was a choice made by the driver and his decision and actions resulted in his death. My condolences also go out to the family, but this was caused by this individuals stupidity.

Lincolnshire, IL

#58 Feb 19, 2010
Buford Pusser wrote:
I hope the cop who killed this guy sees how many people loved him. in more civilized parts of the US, realizing technology eliminates the chase, police no longer are required to "hot pursuit". Innocent lives are endangered at the expense of one man's pride.
your badge sir
Cops didn't kill this young man. His own stupidity killed him. Don't blame the police to doing their job. Blame the person commiting the crime and/or violating the law.
brittany

Greensboro, NC

#59 Apr 9, 2010
I understand that a lot of people share their opinions about this matter, some may say he was an idiot, and that its his fault and he deserved it, and some want to fight back and argue that he didnt. but i mean really, i knew corey, and yeah he may have had some problems, but we, not any of us know what happened and what was going through his head that night. and its wrong to sit here and say the things that are being said towards his mistake, i think his family and everyone else realize the mistake, but keep your judgements to yourself, not just so that people can be happy, but i mean out of respect, whether you knew him or not its wrong, his family comes on here, and you really think that helps make them feel any better knowing they lost their brother, son, cousin, nephew, whatever he may have been to them, at 17 years old? do you really think that it makes it any easier for them to cope, reading things like that? its just wrong, i mean try and understand if you were in their shoes and someone was saying that to you, its not something you want to hear, so just be a little respectful, and try to think about how you would feel in their shoes huh?

Lincolnshire, IL

#60 Apr 9, 2010
brittany wrote:
I understand that a lot of people share their opinions about this matter, some may say he was an idiot, and that its his fault and he deserved it, and some want to fight back and argue that he didnt. but i mean really, i knew corey, and yeah he may have had some problems, but we, not any of us know what happened and what was going through his head that night. and its wrong to sit here and say the things that are being said towards his mistake, i think his family and everyone else realize the mistake, but keep your judgements to yourself, not just so that people can be happy, but i mean out of respect, whether you knew him or not its wrong, his family comes on here, and you really think that helps make them feel any better knowing they lost their brother, son, cousin, nephew, whatever he may have been to them, at 17 years old? do you really think that it makes it any easier for them to cope, reading things like that? its just wrong, i mean try and understand if you were in their shoes and someone was saying that to you, its not something you want to hear, so just be a little respectful, and try to think about how you would feel in their shoes huh?
If you or his family are offended by such comments and discussions, don't log on to the site. Nothing forces you to engage or even review any of these posts. It doesn't matter "what was going through his head that night." No one is sitting in judgement. This is an open forum and a place for the free exchange of thoughts and perspectives. There's nothing disrespectful in these discussions. No one is accusing the family or anything, but do you really think the family would be able to cope with this tragic event any easier if they were unaware of these positions, statements, and comments? I'm sure I would feel terrible if I were in the family's shoes, but if the comments of others made me feel worse or if I were offended by such comments - then I would choose not to read such postings. Freedom of speech trumps your sensitivities.
kimmie

United States

#61 Mar 23, 2012
Corey loman was the most incredible man I knew I loved him so much he made a terrible mistake and payed dearly. I miss him so much it still feels like a dream I wish I could hold him one last time.
kimmie

United States

#62 Aug 18, 2012
I remember it like it was yesterday...my angel left me I was the last to see him that night other then the man who GAVE him the keys to his car..corey was more then a lover he was truly my best friend and my sister (kassies) brother by choice,To this day he cannot be replaced nobody can be as great of a person or match him in anyway..we broke up right before he got in that car and I remember kassie calling me the next morning saying he died on hilltop rd about three blocks from my house I didn't believe it but came to find it was true I blame myself everyday for his death I said horrible things when al he needed was a friend there to stop him to keep him busy so h wouldn drive off. I failed you corey and for that im truly sorry I'll always love him He ment the world to me he was always saving me I just wish I could have saved him back I wanted to marry that boy. hes still holding a special place in my heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guilford County animal shelter reopens after in... Aug 29 Jill 1
can couples play at cupids in greensboro (Aug '14) Aug 25 Jerry 7
Help Aug 17 RealTalk1 1
Snitch list (Dec '14) Aug 11 Donnie moore 8
The Bridge church in Kernersville NC (Feb '12) Aug 9 Guest 138
Debate: Marijuana - Greensboro, NC (Aug '10) Aug 7 Rogue 115
bars clubs in greensboro nc Aug 6 thomas 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensboro Mortgages