Police Seize Two Handguns From Middle School Student

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 49
The Guilford County Sheriff's Office confiscated two handguns, one of them loaded, from a 13-year-old student at Northern Guilford Middle School on Friday, officials said in a release. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 22, 2010
What better way to secure your firearms. Just let your kids hang on to them for you.
Alex

Thomasville, NC

#2 Oct 22, 2010
Probably a ghetto crackheads kid
BTB43

Burlington, NC

#3 Oct 22, 2010
Don't play around with him, kick the person out for the rest of the year and put them in juvinelle detion for 6 months
ClintEastwood

Clemmons, NC

#4 Oct 22, 2010
Permanent expulsion....anything less is a joke.
Joe

Greensboro, NC

#5 Oct 22, 2010
And the Guilford County School Board says we don't need SROs!
GTW

High Point, NC

#6 Oct 22, 2010
It amazes me how ignorant people can be when reading about such a serious issue. This problem is a problem for youth from ALL backgrounds, ALL socio-economic statuses and with parents with various experiences. Crime is not only committed by impoverished drug abusers. Although there may not be as many, there are children from suburban areas, whose parents are educated and wealthy that commit crimes and make bad decisions as well. It is unfortunate that the safety of any school is comprised as a result of a student carrying a loaded weapon. As an educator myself I find it very disturbing that instead of focusing on the true issue at hand (the safety of out students), time was spent with being concerned about what type of parent the student has. THIS is why our society is in a state of regression as it is. Try to uplift and encourage sometimes-it has a much greater impact.
harlee

Winston Salem, NC

#7 Oct 22, 2010
wow....
Alex

Thomasville, NC

#8 Oct 22, 2010
GTW wrote:
It amazes me how ignorant people can be when reading about such a serious issue. This problem is a problem for youth from ALL backgrounds, ALL socio-economic statuses and with parents with various experiences. Crime is not only committed by impoverished drug abusers. Although there may not be as many, there are children from suburban areas, whose parents are educated and wealthy that commit crimes and make bad decisions as well. It is unfortunate that the safety of any school is comprised as a result of a student carrying a loaded weapon. As an educator myself I find it very disturbing that instead of focusing on the true issue at hand (the safety of out students), time was spent with being concerned about what type of parent the student has. THIS is why our society is in a state of regression as it is. Try to uplift and encourage sometimes-it has a much greater impact.
Reality, true issue is a 13 year old KID took a LOADED handgun to SCHOOL. OBVIOUSLY the REALITY shows a high possibility of someone being killed. A NORMAL kid will not do this. This is accomplished because of POOR parenting. I am willing to wager, this IS a GHETTO CRACKHEADS kid.

You think this is not serious when in actuality this is extremely serious, The parents need to be charged with serious felonies. A parent is accountable for their kids.

I highly doubt you are en educator. IF you are, I imagine your students do not have the best of grades, thus poor education.
ljdsfb

Greensboro, NC

#9 Oct 22, 2010
Ok, so i go to school, and am friends with him/her. And their parents definitely aren't ghetto crackheads. If you knew this kid, you would know that they wouldnt actually do anything. They were just supid enough to actually bring it to school...
Jacob

Summerfield, NC

#10 Oct 22, 2010
Alex wrote:
Probably a ghetto crackheads kid
Actually, no. Im friends with him, and his parents isnt ghetto crackheads
john in high point

AOL

#11 Oct 22, 2010
Back to parents !!!!!!!!!! We must fulfill our responsibilities by knowing what our kids are doing.
alex

Thomasville, NC

#12 Oct 22, 2010
ljdsfb wrote:
Ok, so i go to school, and am friends with him/her. And their parents definitely aren't ghetto crackheads. If you knew this kid, you would know that they wouldnt actually do anything. They were just supid enough to actually bring it to school...
Let me see....They were just stupid enough to bring it to school....DUH what are they doing with a gun IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Again, I stand by the statement, his parents are probably crackheads. What parent would even condone such a thing...what parent would be that out of touch with their own kid...Yes, a Crackhead parent
Secrettttt

Southport, NC

#13 Oct 22, 2010
Nothing is wrong with him it was a mistake.give the kid a break his parents are great people.the kid was going hunting after school.he had no intention of hurting anyone.his parents are not to blame.
alex

Thomasville, NC

#14 Oct 22, 2010
Secrettttt wrote:
Nothing is wrong with him it was a mistake.give the kid a break his parents are great people.the kid was going hunting after school.he had no intention of hurting anyone.his parents are not to blame.
Let me see......a great kid and the parents are not to blame. Hunting with a handgun...NOT. ANY parent that allows their kid to own a handgun at 13 should be locked up and the kids taken away.

The mentality from anyone condoning this is beyond me.
MZ UNDRSTOOD

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Oct 22, 2010
i dont undrstand where do they get guns from the schools should have metal detectors its stupid how bad nc is getting
Joe

Thomasville, NC

#16 Oct 22, 2010
STORINGTON. Enough said
Hey goofy

Overland Park, KS

#17 Oct 22, 2010
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality, true issue is a 13 year old KID took a LOADED handgun to SCHOOL. OBVIOUSLY the REALITY shows a high possibility of someone being killed. A NORMAL kid will not do this. This is accomplished because of POOR parenting. I am willing to wager, this IS a GHETTO CRACKHEADS kid.
You think this is not serious when in actuality this is extremely serious, The parents need to be charged with serious felonies. A parent is accountable for their kids.
I highly doubt you are en educator. IF you are, I imagine your students do not have the best of grades, thus poor education.
The Columbine kid's parents weren't on crack; the kid that brought the exploding pen to school parent's weren't on crack. Just because your parents were on crack when you were conceived, and just because your mama was passed around from guy to guy like the crack pipe she smoked while caring you and it having affected your one brain cell like it did, does not mean that every bad incident committed by someones child is a result of their parents suffering the same fate yous did.
Cindy

Thomasville, NC

#18 Oct 22, 2010
The district line was drawn 3 miles too far. Enough said
Stephen

Thomasville, NC

#19 Oct 22, 2010
How can this be!? Like for realz.... Northern was supposed to be a nice new organization out in a beautiful area. And we have this mess. There are frigin' corn fields nearby and theres like ghetto kids. Talk about weird districting. Dump the low-income ghetto trash OUT. If Guilford County doens't let NG bring the 3 miles back into safeness territory. The HS is going to turn into Dudley. Everyone wait, watch, and observe. Its not going to be that nice little new towny school everyone though of... Misher, where r ya?
teacher

Elkin, NC

#20 Oct 22, 2010
I am quite surprised that it has taken SO LONG for an NGMS negative incident, and such a severe incident at that, to finally break through the unwritten but coerced NGMS philosophy 'brush it under the rug for fear of negative school exposure.'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bridge church in Kernersville NC (Feb '12) Feb 25 arrya patil 102
spineless Hells angels supporters (Nov '09) Feb 24 Eddiestone 107
Chico Garland from Beckley Feb 24 rtg363 1
New to Greensboro Feb 22 Mel 2
City services Feb 18 boazy97 1
Will Howard Biggest Loser In GSO Feb 17 Sadstory4U 1
Shoe Repair Open At Quaker Village Shoppes Feb 17 localdude 1
Greensboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web