Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Greensboro Forum

Comments (Page 1,568)

Showing posts 31,341 - 31,360 of54,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
So who is to fault for the gang violence in LA? Chicago? New York? Our corrections systems?
That is a very good question. That issue needs to be investigated in more detail as well.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in favor of getting rid of all drivers license. Wouldn't that solve most of the problems with ID for voting and gun purchases?
You have not answered the one thing AZ I asked earlier, would you leave your car running? I guess you don't believe in "personal responsibility" do ya? I have been around firearms my entire life, from my Grandfather to my Dad in the Army, there are rules, basic, common sense rules. Egos have gotten a lot of people killed. The nut in AZ, CO and now CT. No one wanted them on a "mental health list". Gee how nice. You ever had a DWI? One of the questions they (law enforcement) always toss in "do you think you are a threat to yourself or others?" Why do they do that? The life changes when your on a list, job opportunities etc. I guess those people in AZ, CO and CT will never know, because someone was "looking out for the future of their child". There are more young people on meds today than ever. This problem runs way deeper that access to a metal object. It will rust unless a human picks it up.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>You have not answered the one thing AZ I asked earlier, would you leave your car running? I guess you don't believe in "personal responsibility" do ya? I have been around firearms my entire life, from my Grandfather to my Dad in the Army, there are rules, basic, common sense rules. Egos have gotten a lot of people killed. The nut in AZ, CO and now CT. No one wanted them on a "mental health list". Gee how nice. You ever had a DWI? One of the questions they (law enforcement) always toss in "do you think you are a threat to yourself or others?" Why do they do that? The life changes when your on a list, job opportunities etc. I guess those people in AZ, CO and CT will never know, because someone was "looking out for the future of their child". There are more young people on meds today than ever. This problem runs way deeper that access to a metal object. It will rust unless a human picks it up.
Yes, I am sorry I failed to answer your original question on the child in the car. Yes, I would be responsible for that incident if I left the keys in the car and the child was harmed. I also agree that some of the medicines available to people that do harm to themselves and others. I am for more awareness and and treatment of mental conditions that are detrimental to oneself and others. I think the main problem are the Gun Shows where no application needs to be filled out and reviewed. You talk about locking up guns in a safe place in the home, but many people that I mention this to say, "Is the criminal who invades my home going to wait while I go unlock my gun?"....so, this needs to be covered, but will also meet resistance. I just don't see the real purpose that these type of weapons have to the average citizen. Will you give me your defense of the general public owning military style weapons?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am sorry I failed to answer your original question on the child in the car. Yes, I would be responsible for that incident if I left the keys in the car and the child was harmed. I also agree that some of the medicines available to people that do harm to themselves and others. I am for more awareness and and treatment of mental conditions that are detrimental to oneself and others. I think the main problem are the Gun Shows where no application needs to be filled out and reviewed. You talk about locking up guns in a safe place in the home, but many people that I mention this to say, "Is the criminal who invades my home going to wait while I go unlock my gun?"....so, this needs to be covered, but will also meet resistance. I just don't see the real purpose that these type of weapons have to the average citizen. Will you give me your defense of the general public owning military style weapons?
Gun shows require checks, INSIDE, it's outside the show that is the problem. Selling out of the "trunk of a car". "this needs to be covered"? What needs to be covered? Explain that one. Anyway you toss it AZ, this issue is about "responsibility". You own a firearm, you are responsible for what happens with its use, period. Do you hear that being said, no, because as a nation, it's always someone else fault. I own the firearm, but it's the makers fault I taught my disturbed son how to use it. I forgot that little question I answered when I purchased it that asked "Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?". It's the "own affairs" part that needs to be expanded on, don't you think? Describe a "military style" weapon, because if you take the rails, optics, tactical lights etc off an AR-15, what do you have?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Mike, can you lay off the Tourettes Syndrome for a minute, what do you think of my proposal for a personal meeting?
Personal meeting? Why?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And you haven't provided evidence that he does not exsist. There are the Dead Sea scrolls, the Bible and so on. Show us freedom? It's just like faith, an idea and belief.
The dead sea scrolls only prove their were believers back then.
One cannot prove Zeus does not exist either.
You have the freedom to worship, but I have the freedom to condemn your superstition at the same time.
Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Where does the will of the people fit in with this? You are operating from a huge flaw.This isn't 1900.Or 1700.This is 2013.The population of America is over three hundred million, third most populous country on earth.Technology has shot ahead at light speed.America has gone from an almost entirely rural population in 1776 to an almost entirely urban population in 2013.The country changes, adapts, with the changing times or it dies.You can't see that?
Were did the will of the people fit in the 1860? Were do the will of the people fit when we took the land from the Indians? Were did the will of the people fit in Nazi Germany? Mob rule (Democracy) is no better then a Fascist dictator. We are a Republic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have you been? Welcome back to reality. What do you think all the hub bub's been about since the shootings in Newtown, CT?
Civilian law enforcement not enforcing the law or being selective about the laws they enforce? I know it happens everyday but not to this degree. Otherwise, we'd see it in the news.
While, no new gun control laws are on the books yet, they will be soon because it your team will say they are looking out for our best interest by passing laws that take away more of our rights. First it is assault rifles and high capacity clips. Next it will be pistols and shotguns. After that, katie bar the door from government tyranny. The 2nd Amendment is the only reason why we have a chance at staving of tyranny.
Since most of us are gun owners I believe, why all the effort to curb our right to bear arms as we see fit? We haven't perpetrated any crimes, right? We legally own our firearms, right? We carry concealed legally and have not gone armed to the terror of the public, right? So why the renewed effort for gun control on law abiding citizens instead of a renewed effort to enforce laws on the criminals? Because of Newtown, CT? No one outlawed a single jet airliner after 9/11. Adam Lanza shot his way into a school filled with women and children after killing his mother. Notice he did not shoot his way into Camp Lejune or Fort Bragg or a police station?
Did you know that shotguns, in the state of NC, are considered a weapon of mass destruction because of the shot? Did you know that a baking soda and vinegar in a soda bottle is considered an IED and punishable as a class H felony in the state of NC? Did you also know that if you voluntarily sign yourself into a mental health facility, in the state of NC, you can sign yourself out?
Oh, so you are worried that their is some slippery slope, and not so much what is actually being made law by the states?
Most all lawmakers and the people feel their is a right to own guns in general. So I do not see a worry that guns would be banned by federal lawmakers.

Airliners were not outlawed, but the regulations stepped up quite a bit. No one is outlawing guns, but some are wanting regulations upped a bit.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm the one pointing out"typos", but i'm not a republican.I believe the answer is two pronged.Mental health care MUST BE IMPROVED! Ban the sale of military clones.Background checks at gun shows, ban the sale of ammo over the internet, ban high capacity mags.How's that for answering a question folks? I didn't even have to spew curses or engage in personality assassination.
Who's question is this answering again?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
AZ, I posted my opinions on here after the Aurora shooting. It included the gun reforms I am in favor of, if you or Mike care to do the leg work and go look for them, fine. I will not hand it to you on a silver platter.
Heaven forbid you actually hand us an answer on a silver platter. I am sure it would hurt your brain to much.
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
NRA just let's them die in the schools at a young age.
The NRA did not leave them defenseless, people like you did. People like you and your leader Obama close the doors on their gas chamber.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
http://rocalabs.com/gastric-by pass-surgery-guide/
Where's Mike???
If you actually knew the extent of my fat problem, you would not post this.
I am quite sure I have a better muscle to fat ratio than anyone on this thread.
If I lost forty pounds, I would be in body building competition shape.
So I would say, if I lost twenty pounds, I would look perfect.
I have lost a solid ten since I first spoke of this. Not as good as I would like, but it is something.
I am on a good roll right now.
Maybe I will post a picture someday.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so you are worried that their is some slippery slope, and not so much what is actually being made law by the states?
Most all lawmakers and the people feel their is a right to own guns in general. So I do not see a worry that guns would be banned by federal lawmakers.

Airliners were not outlawed, but the regulations stepped up quite a bit. No one is outlawing guns, but some are wanting regulations upped a bit.
Glad you do not see a worry but others disagree and the revolutionary war started with a single shot.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me AZ? What in the hell did the NRA have to do with that nut in CT? How about the parents that were the gun owners? Do you have any comprehension of gun ownership? Would you leave your freaking car running with the door open so your 7 year old grandchild could climb in a and go for a spin? Hell no, you would secure that car like any responsible Grandparent would do, right? If you have a "disturbed" individual in your family, it YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to keep firearms out of their hands, NOT the NRA. YES, there needs to be changes in gun laws, but what do you do when someone drives a car into a crowd??? I guess that will be AAA's fault, letting those people get run over.
And this is likely why NY passed a law demanding guns to be locked up.

Clearly the citizens are to stupid to be careful with guns without making laws to force them to be careful. Thus gun laws.
Mr Anderson

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you actually knew the extent of my fat problem, you would not post this.
I am quite sure I have a better muscle to fat ratio than anyone on this thread.
If I lost forty pounds, I would be in body building competition shape.
So I would say, if I lost twenty pounds, I would look perfect.
I have lost a solid ten since I first spoke of this. Not as good as I would like, but it is something.
I am on a good roll right now.
Maybe I will post a picture someday.
I thought that was your picture on your moniker. The fat-ass cartoon of Henry VIII. Stop sitting behind your stolen computer 24/7, stuffing your fat ugly face and you'll loose two to three hundred pounds, off your morbid fat ass, in a couple of years, along with a lot of exercise and an assectomy. Perverted "loud-mouth" liberals, such as you, are well-known for being morbidly obese fat asses. My pleasure. Don't thank me, just do it. Good luck!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Personal meeting? Why?
I want to meet for curiosity if nothing else.I want to see, for myself the person behind the posts.An electronic exchange of ideas has its merits, but face-to-face has it's own merits a well.I'll bet you've never met a Texas Obama supporter.I think it would be, fun.I like meeting people with differing viewpoints , it's intellectually stimulating.It's not a" friend"thing Mike.It's an enrichment thing.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

It has long been my opinion, based on observation, that people from NY have low intelligence. What other states have passed occupational protection laws for criminals?
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And this is likely why NY passed a law demanding guns to be locked up.
Clearly the citizens are to stupid to be careful with guns without making laws to force them to be careful. Thus gun laws.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Hey, how come everybody that plays"hold off the neighborhood"is some damn rich kid? And gee....why are almost all of them white?? There must be something in the food making white people crazy....yeah....must be my diet...
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer, thanks for answering my post. I have asked you in the past to explain your posts as I don't always understand them. To be honest, I think we're still not on the same page but I see you have made the effort to explain to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, you see our country headed toward communism, and you love this country and you've worked hard to make a living to provide for your family and you don't want to see your property and freedom taken away? Am I correct in assuming that you're willing to fight whomever it may be to protect the freedoms you believe to be rightfully yours? If I've assumed correctly, then I'm just now getting to where I understand your posts. However, I think none of us have a real voice in government and to be honest, it's not worth the fight to me. I admire your tenacity about fighting to keep your freedom for not only you but your children, but in all reality none of us have a say. We can all go vote on election day, for against laws we believe in, but I don't believe our votes matter two hoots in heck. Again, I believe our country's biggest enemy is outside forces that will take advantage of all the discourse and chaos in this country with the infighting going on and we'll have no control. For me, I'd rather enjoy peace and calm than fight for a group of elected officials from all parties that care only about "the party" and themselves and appease John Q Public with lip service and entitlements to keep their jobs and live off the money my husband and I have worked hard for. Many of our elected officials haven't done a day of hard work in their lives and are clueless about the common man. I might be considered a common (wo)man, but I'm not so common that I'm willing to stay in all this chaos, work and pay the idiots in Washington to make decisions I don't agree with and didn't sign up for and then let them take my money to pay for all this ridiculous spending they're all doing. My dad worked hard all his life and my brother has been ill all his life and if a laid back, easy life of beauty and peace brings them some happiness, then I'm happy too. Fight the good fight, but at least wait until there's one.
MB You just want to live in peace. I do too, but not as a slave to the state and I will not willingly leave that to my children. They will be free if I can make it happen. I know you do not want a war and neither do I. The communist mind people do and Obama does. You can choose to climb on the train without a fight as the Jews did in Germany or you can fight like they do now.
The CT. children died because the people around them were weak. Germany and dozens of other countries are prime example of what happens to weak people and a predator government.

The people that come to Lexington on April 19, 1775 under stood this well. People to day do not seam to understand this at all. A good book is Paul Revere Ride by Fischer or The American Past by Roger Butterfield to start. Try to understand what America is, not what the communist minded want to make it.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so you are worried that their is some slippery slope, and not so much what is actually being made law by the states?

Just saw on CNN Mexico is claiming to have a stake in America's "gun legislation." Just what stake does another nation have in our laws particularly the one law that has been the sole reason why no other nation has successfully invaded the United States other than the Brits or japs?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,341 - 31,360 of54,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greensboro Discussions

Search the Greensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Fri Jennifer 327
spineless Hells angels supporters (Nov '09) Jul 7 Support 81 WorldWide 101
Daniel Lee Loftis Jul 6 scammy 5
Police Bust Leads to 6 Kilos of Cocaine, 3 Arrests (Oct '10) Jul 5 No Drugs 13
Inspiration for Former UNC Tar Heel James Daye Jul 4 Anonymous 2
Review: Gotcha Towing & Recovery (Aug '12) Jul 1 Darcy Webb 39
WTH Riders in the Cuntry???? Jun 29 Softweet 2
•••
•••