Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Greensboro Forum

Comments (Page 1,521)

Showing posts 30,401 - 30,420 of49,337
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Did personal responsibility wave bye bye Miley? Where is it written that we have to be concerned for everyone else? At what point does responsibility for oneself stop?
There is no absolute line. Does morality need to be written for you to be empathetic?
Helping others does not mean the individual is devoid of personal responsibility. Your black and white extreme perspective is why you cannot see that both can be had at the same time.
We all get help from others in some form or another.So clearly this help does not stop your responsibilities.
The human species greatest advantage over other species is our ability to work as a team due to our ability to communicate in a complex manner to organize. You wish to not utilize that feature we have to its fullest.
You seem to want to live like other species.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is in the Bible. Jesus said, "As you did to the least of these my brothers, the same you did unto me." Is that enough for a sufficient concern for others, or would you just wish to throw Jesus out to the wolves, too? If not enough, check out this quote.
"Love God with all you heart, mind and soul. The second is like this. Love your neighbor as yourself".....Jesus Christ
I was debating a Christian on facebook the other day and he said "love" in this context did not mean he had to "like" the neighbor he loved.
So I guess the quote is basically meaningless to him as far as actions go.

People interpret the bible to conform to what they wish all to often. But the bible clearly should have spelled out the ideas so it would be harder to spin the words. This is evidence to me, no god was involved in the bibles creation. A god would have know many Christians would easily twist the words.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, must be more of that identification issue you have. I don't love black people. I don't identify with blacks enough to love or embrace them.
So you do not "identify" with your fellow human species? I see.

You said at one time, you identified with Herman Cain. This should show you that it is not the race of the person that should be hated.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am certainly liberal, but not as liberal as many people I know. They often vote green party. I debated them on facebook all season to vote Obama instead of green party. So I am of the right of them.
I am not for banning guns, so I am of the right of many on this issue. I do think large clips should be banned, so I am on the left of many on this. I do not think teachers should be armed...
I think communism is a poor form of government, so I am of the right of some on this.
I am far to the left on religion. I fall short of wanting it outlawed though, and I do know a few who wish for some laws that go into that territory.
I like the compromise congress just made on taxes and the fiscal cliff. I thought 250K was to low to raise taxes on as I have stated here before. 400K for individuals and 450k for households sounds good.
So I think I fall somewhere in the middle of the left.
What do you think?
The gun views.....disqualify you...as an extreme left winger....

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Neither, do I believe....that bacon.....is extreme right wing...

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Gone, Bacon.....coming back.....

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
I see the Republicans caved in.....again, tax increases with NO spending cuts! Mike, is that enough compromise for you? The Republicans caved in on tax increases while the Democrats "promised" to address spending cuts in two months. Haven't we been down this road before where the Repubs cave in and Dems make future promises only the have them renege once they get what they want?
Then in order to "save face", Repubs spent hours after the vote complaining about the bill!
What fools!!
I'll have to cross reference with who caved in vs who's leaving office.
Get out while you still can. Soon you will need "papers" to free travel within the borders of the US.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is no absolute line. Does morality need to be written for you to be empathetic?
Helping others does not mean the individual is devoid of personal responsibility. Your black and white extreme perspective is why you cannot see that both can be had at the same time.
We all get help from others in some form or another.So clearly this help does not stop your responsibilities.
The human species greatest advantage over other species is our ability to work as a team due to our ability to communicate in a complex manner to organize. You wish to not utilize that feature we have to its fullest.
I don't get help from anyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you do not "identify" with your fellow human species? I see.

You said at one time, you identified with Herman Cain. This should show you that it is not the race of the person that should be hated.
No I didn't Miley so don't lie, again. What I said was I was tolerable of Cain and his jaunt for political office. Why? because he had good executive experience running a business. Still don't like him because he is black.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is no absolute line. Does morality need to be written for you to be empathetic?
Because both can not be had at the same time in your utopia.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

There are no utopias...anywhere...

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Rep.King blasts his own party on failure to vote on hurricane Sandy aid....and the beat goes on..

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Paradise is heading East...at 70 mph...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Rep.King blasts his own party on failure to vote on hurricane Sandy aid....and the beat goes on..
Have anyone actually "looked" at the Sandy Relief Bill trying to be passed through Congress? Attached to the relief bill is millions for Amtrak, millions for the Smithsonian, millions for a project in Alaska, etc.., none of which that has anything to do with the Sandy relief! Our govt, both parties, only knows one thing, raise the taxes so they can spend, spend, spend!
And the beat goes on!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Neither, do I believe....that bacon.....is extreme right wing...
Name an issue she is moderate on?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't Miley so don't lie, again. What I said was I was tolerable of Cain and his jaunt for political office. Why? because he had good executive experience running a business. Still don't like him because he is black.
Wow, you are right up there with the KKK. Are you a member?

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Have anyone actually "looked" at the Sandy Relief Bill trying to be passed through Congress? Attached to the relief bill is millions for Amtrak, millions for the Smithsonian, millions for a project in Alaska, etc.., none of which that has anything to do with the Sandy relief! Our govt, both parties, only knows one thing, raise the taxes so they can spend, spend, spend!
And the beat goes on!
They outlined the pork, in depth, on CNN....

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Name an issue she is moderate on?
Immigration.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Pro I don't know how to stop these politicians from adding"pork"to these bills....I do know the"pork" pertains to projects that are popular in their home districts...usually...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I do love the KKK and Hitler. I just don't like the oppressive and inhumane functions of their philosophy. You love black people, don't you Silver? If not, why?
Many believe Obama's philosophy isn't much different than Hitler's. When you look in depth, they're eerily similar.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,401 - 30,420 of49,337
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Greensboro Forum right now

Search the Greensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Bridge Fellowship (Church) in Kernersville ... 28 min Noah 16
Sick of all this heroin!!! 10 hr Sam 4
The Bridge Kernersville "Sick Car Saturday" Oct... (Sep '12) 18 hr John 4
22 Rescued Jack Russell Terriers Arrive in Gree... (Mar '10) Tue Concerned Dog Owner 14
spineless Hells angels supporters (Nov '09) Tue Bree 99
NO AMNESTY for ILLEGALS! Tue Bree 2
Review: The Tanning Lounge Apr 12 Customer 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greensboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greensboro People Search