Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Greensboro Forum

Comments (Page 1,443)

Showing posts 28,841 - 28,860 of49,990
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you think my opposition to you is due to a lack of brains, then you know nothing about the brain. But clearly you were just being a smart ass.
I see you cannot answer any of my questions. So who is lacking here? Why do you run? What are you scared of?
I wasn't referring to your brain,dickless.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I answer with my opinion. I ask nothing more for you to do the same. Clearly none of you can handle even that task. This is an opinion forum. When are you going to understand this?
This is an opinion forum.
All work and no play makes Johnie a dull boy. Ha ha.
"Johnie"???????

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>No, not over my head, I do think you took that a little more serious than you should have.
Maybe if you guys quit being smart asses and started actually answering questions, you would see a better attitude from me. You see, if you are an ass, you might see me being an ass. It is a two way street, got it?

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I answer with my opinion. I ask nothing more for you to do the same. Clearly none of you can handle even that task. This is an opinion forum. When are you going to understand this?
All work and no play makes Johnie a dull boy. Ha ha.
Wow...could have SWORN...you used to say this was a"debate"forum....ma ke up your mind you pedantic nitwit.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I wasn't referring to your brain,dickless.
Sorry, forgot I was dealing with immature children.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it (John 8:44).
The evil will bow before the good,
And the wicked at the gates of righteous.
Proverbs 14:19
Sorry, but I do not believe in devils.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Wow...could have SWORN...you used to say this was a"debate"forum....ma ke up your mind you pedantic nitwit.
Sorry I did not spell it all out to you. We debate what is of our opinion. Any other questions? You see, I answer questions. Try it one day.
Is it really necessary to add the name calling? Grow up.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And you wonder why I give you shit?
I don't wonder anything about you Mike.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike that's because your mind is closed to all facts that don't fit in with your worldview.Your mind is so inflexible it lowers your IQ by thirty points.
Could you point me to a fact I closed my mind to?
Again, if you cannot be specific on an accusation, then you are just whining about nothing.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you think my opposition to you is due to a lack of brains, then you know nothing about the brain. But clearly you were just being a smart ass.
I see you cannot answer any of my questions. So who is lacking here? Why do you run? What are you scared of?
"opposition"to me? Mike, you think you are better, smarter, and more moral than everyone else, you're the biggest smartass on Topix, maybe I just got tired of taking your s##t.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I did not spell it all out to you. We debate what is of our opinion. Any other questions? You see, I answer questions. Try it one day.
Is it really necessary to add the name calling? Grow up.
Yes, sometimes a little"name calling"is the way to go when dealing with a megalomaniac.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Could you point me to a fact I closed my mind to?
Again, if you cannot be specific on an accusation, then you are just whining about nothing.
I'm not"whining".I'm observing.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike I don't have any real anger towards you in any event.All of the carping and complaining on Topix is actually stimulating at times in a perverse way.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I believe people believe in things with blind faith, so it clearly exists. Is blind faith good? Not in my opinion? Do you think it is good? If so, why? I see no one wants to answer any of my questions, but I answer all your questions.
Yes Mike, I have blind faith and if you practice what you preach--no pun intended, so do you.

Main Entry: blind faith
Part of Speech: n
Definition: belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination

I give this definition of blind faith and you tell me again do you have blind faith? You don't believe in God, yet by your own explanation, you seem to hold this belief without a true understanding. Lately, some of your posts seem to give pause to your initial explanations, which would lead me to believe you're working off blind faith, thus your blind faith in no God, is just like my blind faith there is a God. I believe TSF had a very good explanation one time and I might not get it word for word, but because a blind man can't see the stars, does this mean they don't exist--his quote ended. If a blind man believes there are stars though he can't see them, is he believing off blind faith and do you think his he's wrong? BTW, there are stars and his blind faith would be correct IMO.

I don't find blind faith a bad thing. You're not a kid anymore Mike, I don't need to tell you, but I bet at some point in your life, you've probably had to reach out to someone for something with blind faith it would be provided.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

sevenSecrets wrote:
No mike. You can tell me how I think and speculate on my beliefs based on the small amount of known science that we barely have a grasp on, like how we know how old our expanding universe is and how long it took planets to form, but my beliefs are my own and holds no tie to any religion. The big thing you will have to wrap your head around is that we really have no clue. I'm not really fine with that, I have a lust for knowledge, but we are a very ignorant species. You get outside this solar system and there is no absolutes.
You have a vendetta against gods, I get that, but I didn't say I know what it is or who he is, I didn't say he is an alien. The only thing I believe one hundred percent is that there is something else. Spirit world, different plane of reality...where do you draw the boundary? Or are you one of those people that can only believe what they have tangible evidence for? Those same people believed the earth was the center of the solar system....
Btw mike, you keep tellin us what god is or isn't....so what is a god? You sure seem to know what he is and where the boundaries lay.
The gods I speak about are the ones that people tell me they believe in yet have absolutely zero evidence to show exists. I do not speak of all possible gods.
You have reduced your belief to "something else". Not sure if that is even a god. I would never claim "something else" does not exist. If you cannot tell me what that "something else" is, then I cannot know what in the hell you are talking about and why anyone should care about it.
You spoke of it at one point as if it were a god, now you do not. So I really have no idea what you believe. I cannot comment on what you do not tell me.

I see no reason to think anything "else" has anything to do with us, so I have no reason to believe in that thing no one can show or know about. Please tell me the point? What is the point in believing if it gets me nowhere?

If there is something else, if it wants me to know, maybe it should speak. But as of yet, I hear no one speaking. I see zero evidence. I see no reason to believe. I am open if it comes.

I am sure you do not believe in unicorns, but you are likely openminded to the idea if evidence comes forth. But until then, you are basically atheistic to unicorns. Nothing wrong with that.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Mike, I have blind faith and if you practice what you preach--no pun intended, so do you.
Main Entry: blind faith
Part of Speech: n
Definition: belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination
I give this definition of blind faith and you tell me again do you have blind faith? You don't believe in God, yet by your own explanation, you seem to hold this belief without a true understanding. Lately, some of your posts seem to give pause to your initial explanations, which would lead me to believe you're working off blind faith, thus your blind faith in no God, is just like my blind faith there is a God. I believe TSF had a very good explanation one time and I might not get it word for word, but because a blind man can't see the stars, does this mean they don't exist--his quote ended. If a blind man believes there are stars though he can't see them, is he believing off blind faith and do you think his he's wrong? BTW, there are stars and his blind faith would be correct IMO.
I don't find blind faith a bad thing. You're not a kid anymore Mike, I don't need to tell you, but I bet at some point in your life, you've probably had to reach out to someone for something with blind faith it would be provided.
If you think not believing in something that has zero evidence is blind faith, then you do not know what blind faith is. You are perverting the phrase, just as you so often do.
You claim I have no understanding, but you cannot show I have no understanding, it is just your opinion. I think I understand just fine, and you never seem able to prove I do not understand. I study this stuff all the time. I see no big mystery. I even understand why people blindly believe. I do not think it is smart, but I understand it. Just what do you think I am failing to understand?
You guys love to accuse, but always fail to be specific.

If a blind person believes in stars, maybe you should ask him why. I cannot speak to the evidence he may be able to obtain as a blind person. Maybe he does have to rely on the trust of others. But I am not blind, and I can see there is zero evidence of a god, so I am atheist.
BTW, I cannot see how the belief in stars can be dangerous, but I can see how believing a god inspired a book of commands without question can be dangerous.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

emlu wrote:
Here's an "evolution" theory for those interested:
http://www.livescience.com/25361-monkeys-show...
No, that was not an evolution theory, it was a hypothesis on evolution. Please learn the difference.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you think not believing in something that has zero evidence is blind faith, then you do not know what blind faith is. You are perverting the phrase, just as you so often do.
You claim I have no understanding, but you cannot show I have no understanding, it is just your opinion. I think I understand just fine, and you never seem able to prove I do not understand. I study this stuff all the time. I see no big mystery. I even understand why people blindly believe. I do not think it is smart, but I understand it. Just what do you think I am failing to understand?
If a blind person believes in stars, maybe you should ask him why. I cannot speak to the evidence he may be able to obtain as a blind person. Maybe he does have to rely on the trust of others. But I am not blind, and I can see there is zero evidence of a god, so I am atheist.
BTW, I cannot see how the belief in stars can be dangerous, but I can see how believing a god inspired a book of commands without question can be dangerous.
Before we continue this conversation, just so I won't pervert the meaning of a word because it doesn't support your point in the discussion, please tell me your "unperverted" definition of blind faith. I got minr from the dictionary, do you now question the dictionary as well when it goes against your opinion?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

oops "I got mine"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you think not believing in something that has zero evidence is blind faith, then you do not know what blind faith is. You are perverting the phrase, just as you so often do.
I see you go back to double standards-
This is your post Mike:

"For the record, I would think some of the claims of the bible are not complete fabrications. But we cannot know which are and which are not. So if someone is making a serious claim about a god, and we cannot know if he is being truthful, or the writing is accurate, why follow the claim as if a god actually made said statements or had such wants? This is blind faith."

If you don't believe in God or the Bible, why would you say "I would think some of the claims of the Bible are not complete fabrications. You need to find you a story and stick to it. You can't believe one without believing the other. The whole paragraph is cluster mess. First, for the record you think some of the claims of the Bible are not complete fabrications; however, you question if the author of the scripture is truthful and accurate and then ask why follow the claim as if a god actually made said statements. If you believe some of the claims are not complete fabrications, you are going off blind faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,841 - 28,860 of49,990
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Greensboro Forum right now

Search the Greensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Triad Wiccans gather to meditate (Apr '07) Tue Kathwynn 66
The Bridge Fellowship (Church) in Kernersville ... Apr 21 Jerry B 35
The Bridge church in Kernersville NC (Feb '12) Apr 20 Bridge Girl 86
spineless Hells angels supporters (Nov '09) Apr 20 Brain Twister 100
Funeral Held for President of Hells Angels (Jul '09) Apr 20 Brain Twister 126
Sick of all this heroin!!! Apr 19 Fritz 5
Is jamestown a good place to live? Apr 19 Local 2
•••
•••