“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#29695 Dec 4, 2012
Snore wrote:
Mike, this is for you. Hmm .08 rings a bell. Mike, you do know that is the legal limit with alcohol correct. So if you "over serve" on stats, I hope you don't practice this at "your bar". Damn where is that funny icon
It is the legal limit to drive, not consume.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29696 Dec 4, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Wisdom from a guy who's wife left, former resident of the North Carolina Department of Corrections, and manager of a gay bar.
All the qualities that make a fine citizenry next to your boys AZ and Seven.
Never been in the NCDC's,never been married, nor never managed a gay bar, but keep on trying to slander me when you have no answers, as it is clear, I just kicked your ass as evidenced by your default.Grow up please.

I am sure no one will condemn your behavior, as it seems only I am an asshole here. The double standards are clear and stark.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29697 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe so, but you sure are not pointing them out very well. I am short with those who do not debate like normal people. Emlu is a perfect example of one of these people. You often do it also. Most conservatives here just refuse to have a full debate. They start whining after the first claim about not wanting to justify the claim. Thus, their is no debate. This is a debate forum, as no conservatives here seem to take note of.
Well Mike everybody has an opinion hmmm?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29698 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Never been in the NCDC's,never been married, nor never managed a gay bar, but keep on trying to slander me when you have no answers, as it is clear, I just kicked your ass as evidenced by your default.Grow up please.
I am sure no one will condemn your behavior, as it seems only I am an asshole here. The double standards are clear and stark.
I thought you said you were married.Maybe it was just a girlfriend.You also seem to have a persecution complex.Maybe, everyone else is wrong, and Mike is right.unlikely....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29699 Dec 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have proof or is that just your opinion? If I'm not mistaken, the subject was the fact provided that female physicians outnumber males. Do you think there's more female mechanics, welders, construction workers, etc? Does the fact there's more female doctors than male doctors, mean there's equality across the board? Religion, just as you and your opinions, do not guarantee equality, so what's the big deal about religion and equality? You never stated what religion or why.
I am going by the claim of Emlu about doctors.

I can show you many bible verses that make for inequality of women. And just look at the Muslim world to see what the old ways of Christianity were.
Women are still banned by many major denominations to be in the hierarchy of the church. Mormons, Catholics are just a few. That is clearly non equality.

<< 1 Timothy 2:12 >>

New International Version (1984)
I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Colossians 3:18
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Not exactly a culture of equality. It takes secularism to do that.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29700 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is the legal limit to drive, not consume.
State law says you cannot serve alcohol to anyone who is
impaired. However, North Carolina laws state that you can
allow impaired customers to stay at your place, as long as they
are not consuming alcoholic beverages or being disorderly.
Invite them to remain and to eat something.
The Impaired Customer
Continued
www.ncabc.com

Dram Shop 101

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29701 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Never been in the NCDC's,never been married, nor never managed a gay bar, but keep on trying to slander me when you have no answers, as it is clear, I just kicked your ass as evidenced by your default.Grow up please.
You said it, we didn't.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29702 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Well Mike everybody has an opinion hmmm?
Not sure, as Emlu does not seem to offer hers.

I am asking for opinions, in case you are confused, but I want explanations of why the opinion is good. If you cannot supply, then your opinion is either not good, or maybe you just do not know why you feel what you do. Maybe you just cannot articulate it. Either way, it makes for a non debate, and this is a debate forum.
So you guys can refuse to debate all you wish, and I will continue to ridicule you for doing so. Again, this is a debate forum. Just in case you missed that, this is a debate forum.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29703 Dec 4, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>State law says you cannot serve alcohol to anyone who is
impaired. However, North Carolina laws state that you can
allow impaired customers to stay at your place, as long as they
are not consuming alcoholic beverages or being disorderly.
Invite them to remain and to eat something.
The Impaired Customer
Continued
www.ncabc.com
Dram Shop 101
Ok, but .08 is not really detectable to the server. "impaired" is subjective. Likely why I have never seen this law being enforced.

Of course I do cut off someone who is overly impaired in my opinion, and there are rules to how much one can serve an individual.

None of this changes my previous claims.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29704 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I thought you said you were married.Maybe it was just a girlfriend.You also seem to have a persecution complex.Maybe, everyone else is wrong, and Mike is right.unlikely....
So when someone is slandering me, you scold me, and not them? Your double standards are clear and stark.

What you thought is incorrect. Clearly after someone slanders enough, you just believe the lie. I usually do not bother to correct the slander, but Silver is just taking it to far. But I see you still have not condemned him once for it. Double standards.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29705 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am going by the claim of Emlu about doctors.
I can show you many bible verses that make for inequality of women. And just look at the Muslim world to see what the old ways of Christianity were.
Women are still banned by many major denominations to be in the hierarchy of the church. Mormons, Catholics are just a few. That is clearly non equality.
<< 1 Timothy 2:12 >>
New International Version (1984)
I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Colossians 3:18
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
Not exactly a culture of equality. It takes secularism to do that.
Mike, you need to brush up on your religions. There are plenty of religions that allow women a place in the hierarchy of their religion. There are women priests in the Catholic denomination, women rabbis in the Jewish religion, there are women pastors in Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian(bad spelling I know) etc. Treating a woman as an equal is called individualism and respect learned from parents even if you don't believe in God, apparently you're the exception to the rule, not the rule. The disdain men, i.e. you, show women on this forum speak volumes about your lack of respect of women as your equal. Since you equate religion with inequality to women, tell me again which faith you're of because you're a mighty fine example of a misogynist.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29706 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Michael D......SOMETIMES...in this bad old world of ours....people just have to disagree.l There are more things in this heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.....
".people just have to disagree."
Reeks of a closed mind running from the alternative views.
If debate is not in you, why come to this forum again?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29707 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So when someone is slandering me, you scold me, and not them? Your double standards are clear and stark.
What you thought is incorrect. Clearly after someone slanders enough, you just believe the lie. I usually do not bother to correct the slander, but Silver is just taking it to far. But I see you still have not condemned him once for it. Double standards.
Mike....have you ever considered psychiatric help?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29708 Dec 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, you need to brush up on your religions. There are plenty of religions that allow women a place in the hierarchy of their religion. There are women priests in the Catholic denomination, women rabbis in the Jewish religion, there are women pastors in Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian(bad spelling I know) etc. Treating a woman as an equal is called individualism and respect learned from parents even if you don't believe in God, apparently you're the exception to the rule, not the rule. The disdain men, i.e. you, show women on this forum speak volumes about your lack of respect of women as your equal. Since you equate religion with inequality to women, tell me again which faith you're of because you're a mighty fine example of a misogynist.
I treat the women here as equals. You and your team seem to want special treatment. Sorry, but I keep consistent standards, unlike your team.

Yes, many religions are now allowing women some higher positions. But only recently. The thousands of years of suppression in the culture is not going to wear off everyone just because the feminist movement wore down the commands of god in the bible and the religious rule.
The day I see a female pope, we can talk. I question your claim of women being allowed to be Catholic priests. But you did not say Catholic, did you?
Women have been held back by the religion due to scripture.

You cite a few denominations that allow women to be in higher positions. But is it equal or even close? No. There may be a few here and there. Why? Coincidence?

I hear the southern Baptist convention does not allow women in the clergy. Why not? I guess they cannot have suffer a woman to teach as the bible commands.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29709 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike....have you ever considered psychiatric help?
Have you considered giving a relevant answer to a post?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29710 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I treat the women here as equals. You and your team seem to want special treatment. Sorry, but I keep consistent standards, unlike your team.
Yes, many religions are now allowing women some higher positions. But only recently. The thousands of years of suppression in the culture is not going to wear off everyone just because the feminist movement wore down the commands of god in the bible and the religious rule.
The day I see a female pope, we can talk. I question your claim of women being allowed to be Catholic priests. But you did not say Catholic, did you?
Women have been held back by the religion due to scripture.
You cite a few denominations that allow women to be in higher positions. But is it equal or even close? No. There may be a few here and there. Why? Coincidence?
I hear the southern Baptist convention does not allow women in the clergy. Why not? I guess they cannot have suffer a woman to teach as the bible commands.
Yes, I did say Catholic. RCWP--Roman Catholic Women Priests. Seven wowmen were ordained in 2002 and how minister in over 29 states in our country.
I could be wrong about the Southern Baptist; however, they allow women to speak and teach to congregations of men and women, but they're not called "pastors". You'll have to ask Arnold about your questions regarding the Southern Baptist as I don't belong to that denomination.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29711 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>".people just have to disagree."
Reeks of a closed mind running from the alternative views.
If debate is not in you, why come to this forum again?
Ohh my.You want to bring up a"closed"mind! Incredible! You mind is closed Like a steel trap! I don't come here for an exchange of condemnations....I come here for an exchange of ideas.Your idea of a good post is bad-mouthing the person you are posting.You continually portray yourself as maligned and persecuted.For whatever reason, you are almost invariably unpleasant, at best.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29712 Dec 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did say Catholic. RCWP--Roman Catholic Women Priests. Seven wowmen were ordained in 2002 and how minister in over 29 states in our country.
I could be wrong about the Southern Baptist; however, they allow women to speak and teach to congregations of men and women, but they're not called "pastors". You'll have to ask Arnold about your questions regarding the Southern Baptist as I don't belong to that denomination.
OK, I will take your word for it. Twenty one states still have no women Catholic priests.
I see you are going to just keep nit picking and not address any of my points. Fact is, religion suppresses equality for women.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29713 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Ohh my.You want to bring up a"closed"mind! Incredible! You mind is closed Like a steel trap! I don't come here for an exchange of condemnations....I come here for an exchange of ideas.Your idea of a good post is bad-mouthing the person you are posting.You continually portray yourself as maligned and persecuted.For whatever reason, you are almost invariably unpleasant, at best.
Easy to make broad stroke accusations with no evidence.
What ideas are you exchanging? You refuse to articulate what you think might make Denmark have lower crime rates.
Looks like your main concern is bitching about me.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29714 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Ohh my.You want to bring up a"closed"mind! Incredible! You mind is closed Like a steel trap! I don't come here for an exchange of condemnations....I come here for an exchange of ideas.Your idea of a good post is bad-mouthing the person you are posting.You continually portray yourself as maligned and persecuted.For whatever reason, you are almost invariably unpleasant, at best.
Now how can you judge if my mind is closed, when you and your friends refuse to offer a full debate and attempt to support their positions?
If you wish to see someone change their minds, you must sell your ideas. You do not even attempt a sell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Is The New World Order? 1 hr Sia Blake and Lou... 4
We are closed for Thanksgiving but Open black F... 23 hr Cupids Corner 1
Carolyn Schmid is a wonderful person!!! Fri Sadstory4U 1
Carolyn Schmid UNSUCCESSFUL at slandering socia... Nov 18 Sadstory4U 19
Greensboro Neighborhood Plagued By Prostitution (Dec '09) Nov 18 billy 7
Roseann Mancini (Aug '09) Nov 17 You Know Who 6
Typical dirty republican voter fraud Nov 17 Triad Fitness 2
Greensboro Dating
Find my Match

Greensboro People Search