of the puppet master

#28718 Nov 17, 2012
emlu wrote:
Investing
|
11/16/2012 @ 1:00PM |589 views
Obama Will Insist Charitable Gifts Not Subject To Cap On Deductions
+ Comment now
The proposed tax deduction cap of $50,000 by the nationís wealthiest philanthropists will not include multi-million dollar gifts to non-profit institutions such as museums, Universities, hospitals and other essential cultural and social institutions, according to a source familiar with the current position of the White House.
This exclusion will mean that $135 billion instead of $150 billion in taxes from the 2% most wealthy in 2013, Martin Feldstein, Harvard economist,told me in an email from New York yesterday. Feldstein, who has been one of the authors of the cap on deductions, was not the source of the White House view. But, he agrees it is essential for the financing of the nations most important cultural institutions.
What the exclusion means for those earning a gross income of $1 million in 20123 is the ability to deduct cash gifts up to 50% of gross income or $500,000 from your $1 million gross income and pay taxes only on the $500,000.
For those who give away appreciated stock in publicly traded companies it means the ability to deduct up to 30% of $1 million gross income or $300,000 from the amount subject to tax from the federal government.
+ Comment now
Silver can you explain to this "idiot" what this means? Does cultural institutions include say "Presidential Libraries"?
Is everything a conspiracy with you people? Romney wanted all these 'loopholes' closed. Now what would result from that? Well I would expect the donations to educational institutions would drop dramatically. But you only concern yourself with a conspiracy. I guess the greedy think everyone is greedy.
These loopholes is what encourages people to give money where they want their money to go instead of where the government wants to spend it. I would think republicans would like this idea.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#28719 Nov 17, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>TSF, are you serious? "Watch List"? While there is no doubt this country make some changes, look at countries around the world, which one should be our "model".
That is what I keep asking your side, but I get no answer. I think our country is the best model to date. And I do not mean what our country was, I mean what our country is today.
Conservatives what their county back, but back to what or when? What year would they like America to go back to? I am for moving forward, not backwards.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#28720 Nov 17, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The US government has already been taken over by you communist sleepers. Americans will get our country back from you.
Back to what? What year was America ideal for you? What country should we model ourselves after?
we turned the table

United States

#28721 Nov 17, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The US government has already been taken over by you communist sleepers. Americans will get our country back from you.
we just
Need to get along

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#28722 Nov 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure everyone knows this. You asked all to not respond to this guy, yet you are responding to him over and over again.
But I expect no less from you, as you contradict yourself constantly. I cannot understand why you bother to even read his posts. I do not.
Mike, he crossed the line with me and you're correct, I shouldn't have responded. Unlike you, I find some things unable to overlook and I just couldn't give him a pass. It's over, handed over to the the authorities, end of story. BTW, I would expect no less from you to do nothing.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#28723 Nov 17, 2012
Trey44 wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you immediately go after this monster by notifying Topix and retrieving his ip address from thread number 28709, if you're so concerned. Unfortunately, you won't be paid for your service by the State DSS Office, but your personal involvement will suffice. By the way, I don't need your so-called government lecture on what the hell is happening in this demonic world. Most of the problems in this country are attributed to chronic laziness and morbid obesity. Most people really don't want to get up off their big fat lazy asses to donate their time to improving and policing their community.
You don't know bacon .No one is more involved,or does more community work.Maybe you DO need a lecture.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#28724 Nov 17, 2012
we turned the table wrote:
<quoted text> we just
Need to get along
Way too late for that Mr.Pervert.You made this bed.Lie in it.
we the people

United States

#28726 Nov 17, 2012
Bush was a good president so is
Obama shut up

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#28727 Nov 17, 2012
Gone as well.
we the people

United States

#28728 Nov 17, 2012
I think you are all crazy
we the people

United States

#28729 Nov 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Way too late for that Mr.Pervert.You made this bed.Lie in it.
is that a threat
Trey44

Brooklyn, NY

#28730 Nov 17, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Trey44, thank you for your advice. I have notified Topix twice and reminded them of their legal obligation. I just got back from my local police dept as well. By the way Trey, I don't expect to be paid by ANYONE for my personal involvement. Also, neither am I lazy or obese, unless you call someone that weighs about 100 pounds obese. I've done my part, step up and do your part, if you haven't already. Lastly, my "so-called government lecture" is basic morals. I learned those growing up and I don't need the government to tell me when behavior is base, and immoral, but I'm glad you pointed out the lack of community policing. Thanks for your input.
Fantastic! You're one in a million. It's refreshing to read about those who are contributors. I certainly can do without Waco the Whacko's cowgirl comments. You certainly don't need this buffoon coming to your rescue. Great job Ms.Bacon!
we the people

United States

#28731 Nov 17, 2012
You smoke crack all of you
Trey44

Brooklyn, NY

#28732 Nov 17, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know bacon .No one is more involved,or does more community work.Maybe you DO need a lecture.
Buffoon.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#28733 Nov 17, 2012
Trey44 wrote:
<quoted text>Buffoon.
Supercillious jerk. Another fine cyberghost hiding behind a keyboard.You really should stand next to me and call me "buffoon " I'm pretty sure you won't.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28734 Nov 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That is what I keep asking your side, but I get no answer. I think our country is the best model to date. And I do not mean what our country was, I mean what our country is today.
Conservatives what their county back, but back to what or when? What year would they like America to go back to? I am for moving forward, not backwards.
Don't ask me Mike, as I said in an earlier post, left right need to come to the center.

Location hidden

#28735 Nov 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is everything a conspiracy with you people? Romney wanted all these 'loopholes' closed. Now what would result from that? Well I would expect the donations to educational institutions would drop dramatically. But you only concern yourself with a conspiracy. I guess the greedy think everyone is greedy.
These loopholes is what encourages people to give money where they want their money to go instead of where the government wants to spend it. I would think republicans would like this idea.
This was to Silver, I asked him a question. Forbes mag. ran the article.

Location hidden

#28736 Nov 17, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That is what I keep asking your side, but I get no answer. I think our country is the best model to date. And I do not mean what our country was, I mean what our country is today.
I didn't hear you ask an Independent Mike.
Sargon the First

Houston, TX

#28737 Nov 17, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Don't ask me Mike, as I said in an earlier post, left right need to come to the center.
Women should not be allowed to vote as they are inherently inferior to the male.Trey 44 is an example of an unstable female personality.This is not personal.This is an observation.
WACO 1909

Houston, TX

#28738 Nov 17, 2012
Another nut...crawls out of the bag.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bridge church in Kernersville NC (Feb '12) Feb 25 arrya patil 102
spineless Hells angels supporters (Nov '09) Feb 24 Eddiestone 107
Chico Garland from Beckley Feb 24 rtg363 1
New to Greensboro Feb 22 Mel 2
City services Feb 18 boazy97 1
Will Howard Biggest Loser In GSO Feb 17 Sadstory4U 1
Shoe Repair Open At Quaker Village Shoppes Feb 17 localdude 1
Greensboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web