Rep. Larry Brown Criticized for Gay S...

Rep. Larry Brown Criticized for Gay Slurs In E-mail

There are 61 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Rep. Larry Brown Criticized for Gay Slurs In E-mail. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

North Carolina's House Republican leader says he's warned a fellow GOP lawmaker about sending an e-mail using disparaging terms for homosexuals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

OMG

Itasca, IL

#22 Oct 6, 2010
Its crazy how politically correct America has become. I'm still trying to determine which word/s were offensive.
Mike

Roseville, CA

#23 Oct 6, 2010
I grew up in the Triad and now live in CA; yes,compared to NC it is liberal.However most of the state is culturally conservative outside of SF,LA & the more affluent costal areas.What this man said is unacceptable to any educated,moral individual.He is entitled to his own misguided beliefs but when he gives voice to them in his capacity as an elected official he is completely out of order. I haven't been back to NC in 23 yrs & I still hope that one day I will be able to visit a more tolerant state.
rjrretired 89

Greensboro, NC

#24 Oct 6, 2010
I am proud to be represented by Larry .Brown. They called them Queers in the day when i was growing up. They haven't changed so why change the name. I say you go Larry, but watch out for your back stabbing colleagues.
Bill

United States

#25 Oct 6, 2010
Its clear from all of the gay marraige being voted down everywhere. Nobody cares what the gays think. Get back in the closet.

Since: Oct 09

Winston Salem, NC

#26 Oct 6, 2010
rjrretired 89 wrote:
I am proud to be represented by Larry .Brown. They called them **** in the day when i was growing up. They haven't changed so why change the name. I say you go Larry, but watch out for your back stabbing colleagues.
Are you kidding me? Look buddy, it's 2010...and bigots like yourself and Mr. Brown need to realize that...grow up. Let me guess....you're always a pew warmer on Sundays?

Winston Salem, NC

#27 Oct 6, 2010
Bill wrote:
Its clear from all of the gay marraige being voted down everywhere. Nobody cares what the gays think. Get back in the closet.
Wrong....don't forget Prop 8 was overturned in CA...because...it's unconstituional...remember..no one voted on heterosexual marriage. Also...don't forget that there is a really good chance that being able to get a divorce in CA is going to become illegal!
Snarky McAssbag

Pawleys Island, SC

#28 Oct 6, 2010
THIS is the representaion of Kernersville, NC?

And the comments here - What a laugh! Ignorant, backward, pathetically wrapped in Biblical Bolic, and unable to think for themselves.

The Sodom and Gommorah reference thinks that Homosexuals were any part of it goes to show the lies that the Religious Rightards make up. I'd probably be completely wrong if I had never read the Bible, but it's probably cuz she couldn't read!

And really, you post your own complete names??

What brainacks! Thank K'ville! I needed the levity just before going to bed with my legally married husband! Guess what we'll be dong, oops I mean doing. Eeeeek!!!
vikki

Greensboro, NC

#29 Oct 7, 2010
Why do these homosexuals always get so riled up over nothing?

Winston Salem, NC

#30 Oct 7, 2010
vikki wrote:
Why do these homosexuals always get so riled up over nothing?
"riled up over nothing"??? Take your blinders off and reread the story...then maybe you'll understand!
John

Mount Airy, NC

#31 Oct 7, 2010
You have my vote Mr. Brown

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

#32 Oct 7, 2010
WoodHPU wrote:
<quoted text>
"riled up over nothing"??? Take your blinders off and reread the story...then maybe you'll understand!
Lighten up fruitloop. MAN why does everyone let such silly things bother them?

I am a white boy with an old 4x4 with big tires, a Camaro and a house full of guns. I have 6 tattoos, drink beer, drive a tractor-trailer and live at the end of a dead end dirt road. Go ahead with the redneck and white trash jokes. I will enjoy them. I have a gay friend that I exchange the filthiest "gay" jokes we know. I call him the "F" word constantly but he isn't a stupid idiot that lets words bother him.
When are the gays going to sue comedians and movie producers for using "bad" words in their act/movie?

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!!!!

Winston Salem, NC

#33 Oct 7, 2010
smutt butt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lighten up fruitloop. MAN why does everyone let such silly things bother them?
I am a white boy with an old 4x4 with big tires, a Camaro and a house full of guns. I have 6 tattoos, drink beer, drive a tractor-trailer and live at the end of a dead end dirt road. Go ahead with the redneck and white trash jokes. I will enjoy them. I have a gay friend that I exchange the filthiest "gay" jokes we know. I call him the "F" word constantly but he isn't a stupid idiot that lets words bother him.
When are the gays going to sue comedians and movie producers for using "bad" words in their act/movie?
LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!!!!
The fact is that Mr. Brown is a public official...and he and any other public official is held to a higher standard. Sure there are plenty of bigots out there...however Mr. Brown is in office to serve the people of his district...no matter what their shape, size, religion, sexual orientation, color, etc. Anyone with common sense would take a look at the massive rise in teen suicides and know that they come from bigots like Mr. Brown and others that feel the need to spew hate. It's 2010...time for people to wake up and realize that YES there are people out there in the world who are different then they are...and they need to get over it.
busybee

High Point, NC

#34 Oct 8, 2010
Don't worry Larry, there are enough of us who agree with you in your district to re-elect you. Tell it like it is. Don't be bullied by these misguided bipeds, including the Fox 8 reporters.

Winston Salem, NC

#35 Oct 8, 2010
busybee wrote:
Don't worry Larry, there are enough of us who agree with you in your district to re-elect you. Tell it like it is. Don't be bullied by these misguided bipeds, including the Fox 8 reporters.
Misguided? Really? How about taking a look in the mirror...and you'll see the reason behind all of these senseless suicides by youth all across this country. You and those that think like you are the real bullies...you are sick!
Ken

High Point, NC

#36 Oct 8, 2010
"How about taking a look in the mirror...and you'll see the reason behind all of these senseless suicides by youth all across this country."

Wow, it's HIS fault that people are committing suicide? What an ignorant statement. You've got some anger issued Wood, you should get some professional help.
steve in high point

Thomasville, NC

#37 Oct 8, 2010
He has my vote. Way to go Larry
Adam in high point

Thomasville, NC

#38 Oct 8, 2010
Ken wrote:
"How about taking a look in the mirror...and you'll see the reason behind all of these senseless suicides by youth all across this country."
Wow, it's HIS fault that people are committing suicide? What an ignorant statement. You've got some anger issued Wood, you should get some professional help.
Ken must be gay> Go back to the closet.

Winston Salem, NC

#39 Oct 8, 2010
Ken wrote:
Yes, it's his fault as well as those that talk just like him, and that sir makes them ignorant...not me. If you didn't know, young people listen to and act on the words they hear come out of the mouths of adults. These senseless suicides could have been prevented...however their bullies learned their hate filled speech from adults such as Mr. Brown. Yes, I am angry, it's sickening to hear the hate spewed out of Mr. Brown's mouth and those like him. No, I don't need professional help, I believe in and stand for equality...however Mr. Brown could certainly use some professional help.
Nick

United States

#40 Oct 8, 2010
Way to go Larry!! Yea lets take this nation back from the corrupt sin and president
cowboy

Greensboro, NC

#41 Oct 8, 2010
If you men don't stop putting down gays I'm going to list the names of ALL the married men that I have had sex with. It will take alot of space to list them all but I will if you men don't stop this crap. At least 98% of all men that I have had sex with are married. Most men have had sex with another man sometime and most of them continue to have sex with another man. Gay sex is everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
spineless Hells angels supporters (Nov '09) Fri Ornery Mf 114
News Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Sep 28 tiffany 342
Boy Sep 24 TrapMusic 3
New to Greensboro (Feb '15) Sep 20 Confused 7
Review: BIT Security (Apr '11) Sep 19 NonTrollAnonymous 24
News The Wall Street Journal: ACC pulls championship... Sep 18 Sneaky Pete 22
NCAA to move BECAUSE OF HB2 law Sep 18 HB2 LAW 3

Greensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensboro Mortgages