Orlando's Frank L. Amodeo: Secret lif...

Orlando's Frank L. Amodeo: Secret life of a tycoon wannabe

There are 187 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 10, 2008, titled Orlando's Frank L. Amodeo: Secret life of a tycoon wannabe. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Orlando venture capitalist Frank L. Amodeo was planning to take over the world. But on Tuesday afternoon, he lost control of his own world and soon will be heading to a psychiatric center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

peo industry

Denmark

#50 Jun 11, 2008
did u reid wrote:
SOMEONE NEEDS TO GO TO JAIL!!!!
IF WE LET THIS "MANIAC" GET AWAY
REMEMBER - WHAT ELSE WILL HE DO IN THE FUTURe /????
JOIN ATLANTIC AMERICAN CAPITAL THEN MAYBE HE WILL HAVE ANOTHER EPSISODE AN DO FOR THE INVESTMENT BANKING INDUSTRY WHAT HE DID FOR PEO INDUSTRY-BRING DOWN THE BAD APPLES!
peo industry

Denmark

#51 Jun 11, 2008
Boca Condo King wrote:
but if Frank is going to plead not gulity by reason of insanity.....
then he must cooperate and tell the feds everything he knows.
This could be a huge issue for the dozens of people around Frank who are just as dirty.
John? Mark? Anthony? the vandenberg bros?
The canary is just about to sing..... and then go to a rubber room for a while....
O2HR is a front for Huff and Amodeo both have agreed on Amar as thier mediator. Amar is the yellow bird but it will not just be against Amodeo and Huff it will be against everybody then he will quietly return to Canada or Israel.
peo industry

Montréal, Canada

#52 Jun 11, 2008
D J S wrote:
This is all B.S. Send this guy to federal pound me in the a $$ prison.
All the insiders have confirmed Amodeo did not get any of the money. This alones confirms he was crazy.
Who else is guilty

Sanford, FL

#53 Jun 11, 2008
Hungry Hawk wrote:
The laws have not changed;the controlling persons,directors and officers of professional employer organizations are liable for paying the taxes or not as the case may be. No one else is responsible to ensure the taxes are paid or the contracts are fulfilled.
The feds are disappointed because the sexy targets including Amodeo and the professionals are simply not under any duty to pay the taxes or protect the customers.
Then who are those "controlling persons, officers and directors" and why has the government not prosecuted them? Why have their names not been mentioned in the news coverage?
Better Informed

Montréal, Canada

#54 Jun 11, 2008
AmpleMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The bipolar defense can be used by everyone. Amodeo knew he was ripping people off, and all this baloney is a ruse to get a leaner verdict. Napoleon, Hitler, and Hussein were all bipolar too! So what?
I'm going to design a BiPolar Meter to scan prospective con-men before I do business with them!
No people got ripped off. No small business lost a nickel! It appears the customers actually under paid by tens of millions thus benefited from the unpaid taxes. Finally the IRS was talking to Presidion's CPA everyday trying to recover old taxes even though they(IRS) knew new taxes were going unpaid. This looks like a government cover up; IRS is trying to hide 260 million dollar error by claiming it was defrauded by bipolar convicted felon who did not even work for the companies which owed the tax.
Better Informed

Montréal, Canada

#55 Jun 11, 2008
Who else is guilty wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who are those "controlling persons, officers and directors" and why has the government not prosecuted them? Why have their names not been mentioned in the news coverage?
Craig Vanderburg and James Baiers
Bill Okama

United States

#56 Jun 11, 2008
This guy probably also thinks he is Wolfgang "Amadeo" Mozart
Better Informed

Montréal, Canada

#57 Jun 11, 2008
Who else is guilty wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not meet with the President or have active duty F-18 drop by the local executive airport! Also they could be spilling thier guts like they did before with Simplified Employer Services:SES
confused

Orlando, FL

#58 Jun 11, 2008
"According to the available Federal Elections Commission filings, this Republican disbarred attorney Frank L. Amodeo mentioned in the story gave $6300 to Charlie Stuart, who is a Democratic Candidate for Congress in the 8th Congressional District of Florida."

What is the point there? Was he involved or was it just someone else from his family?
Boca Condo King

West Palm Beach, FL

#59 Jun 11, 2008
So if Frank is the 'crazy' fall guy who got no money out of this.

1. Where is the money?
2. Who has the money?
3. If Frank is deemed crazy by the AG,(and Randy seems to think so...) will Frank now cooperate and bring down the others?
4. Does a person deemed not guilty by reason of insanity have a duty to spill the beans?
BeenThere

Converse, TX

#60 Jun 11, 2008
USMarineCorp10819 wrote:
these are the type of people that head our corporations...while the sane people struggle to make 50k a year
People that work for the government might "struggle to make 50K a year" but people that do not are sometimes struggling to make 10K a year - and yes, I am a college grad so please do not direct me to education.

Regardless, I am not complicit in the illegal war crimes of the Bush administration, and I'd rather live with the minimum wage than profit from death, destruction, and war.
BeenThere

Converse, TX

#61 Jun 11, 2008
AmpleMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The bipolar defense can be used by everyone. Amodeo knew he was ripping people off, and all this baloney is a ruse to get a leaner verdict. Napoleon, Hitler, and Hussein were all bipolar too! So what?
I'm going to design a BiPolar Meter to scan prospective con-men before I do business with them!
Personally, I believe that all the bipolar crap is exactly that - crap! The excuse of so many people to get drugs, psychiatrists to prescribe drugs, and big pharma to sell drugs. It is all a scam! What has happened to this nation?

A meter to measure the level of crap might be a good thing.
BeenThere

Converse, TX

#62 Jun 11, 2008
Bulldog wrote:
How 'bout a responsible and respectful article on bi-polar disease?
For you doubters: it IS a disease of the brain - like any other physical injury or disability. I'm not saying that the illness is an excuse or justifies criminal activity - but when someone is in a pyschotic state, that psychosis IS their normal.
But we continue to live in a society of stigma and fear that refuses to learn and accept that mental illness is real, affects thousands of people, and is not just a cop-out.
Sounds like the easy way out of anything to me. Like the new depression craze - gee, much simpler to deal with life when your on drugs, I'm sure!
Hans

Orlando, FL

#63 Jun 11, 2008
Wasn't Amodeo a big contributor to Charlie Stuart?
Terry

Orlando, FL

#65 Jun 11, 2008
Hans wrote:
The answer to your question is yes. I saw his name appear on a few of Stuart's fandraiser invitations in 2006. I believe Charlie's brother also works for Amodeo, or rather worked now that he's been sent to the funny farm.
Dyer connection

AOL

#68 Jun 11, 2008
Hans wrote:
Don't forget John H. AKA Alias "Buddy" Dyer and his connections to Amodeo.

Isn't felon Dyer's Chief of Staff one of those caught in the attempted coup in Africa?
trip

Lady Lake, FL

#70 Jun 11, 2008
Carbon wrote:
At least this nut is diagnosed...unlike Dick Cheney who is still on the loose.
O M G !!! L O L
Ground Control to Major Tom....
Major Tom, can you hear me???

This is Major Tom to ground control... I see my friends all around me... there's lou, there's Dick , and little Frankie, I'm quite happy up hear with all my friends....
andi

Savannah, GA

#71 Jun 11, 2008
Amadeo was born malformed, mentally and physically. Those are his handicaps. Is there a light that follows the psychophants that were his henchmen? Where are they? Why is Amadeo standing alone in the lithium line? Where is Jaiman, where is Fischer, Sandrani (sic), VanDerveer (sic), Holtz, Hailstones, Konicki, Pollack, et al? Guard yourselves against these people, they are followers of idiots, megolomaniacs, tyrants, despots and who knows what else. Guard yourself, they still exist as "Amadeoists"!
d lucille

United States

#72 Jun 11, 2008
Yeah right. I don't buy it. What a con artist.
d lucille

United States

#73 Jun 11, 2008
Chris wrote:
LIsten, every city has them but Orlando is filled with crooks, guys like this. Trying to make a quick buck and feed off innocent folks, rott in hell my friend because that's were your going (hopefully).
We do seem to have more than our fair share of nut jobs in this town. What is up with that? I can't even keep up with all the creeps in the news, AND, that's just the ones who get caught!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min dmtnt 498,727
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min shinningelectr0n 1,235,923
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min litesong 53,576
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) 2 hr Cheyenne Autumn 11
The alphabet (Jun '06) 3 hr Doug77 1,361
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 5 hr Doug77 12,609
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 6 hr Red_Forman 17,880
More from around the web

Greensboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]