Huntington cleanup of private propert...

Huntington cleanup of private property increases

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 27, 2008, titled Huntington cleanup of private property increases. In it, Newsday reports that:

The properties are scattered throughout the Town of Huntington , from Cold Spring Harbor to the edge of the town portion of Commack : Neighborhood eyesores, their yards strewn with abandoned toys, old lawn ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

teens r useless

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#1 Oct 27, 2008
The loitering teens should be pressed into work crews to clean the place up. Kwan youth - useless airwasters.
Bill

Watertown, CT

#2 Oct 27, 2008
How much does it cost to , employ the inspector and his office staff, pay for his car and gas, then assemble the board and all the costs and perks that they suck up. Hold the hearing, make a decision(now thats a rough one) then send over the town employees to violate the private property owners space? I can assure my fellow NYers I am estatic that the legislature has time to pass laws to insure our grass is 12 inches or shorter. With all that is going on today this story really accents how out of touch the elected officials really are and why we need to eliminate about 100 layers of government. I contend you could offer free landscaping services for the whole town using the misspent money these inspectors and boards waste.
Huntington resident

Englishtown, NJ

#3 Oct 27, 2008
One property in our neighborhood was left empty while estate battles went on for years and non of the presumed heirs did anything. Neighbors tried to keep it mowed/cleared but it is hard enough to keep up with your own house much less your neighbors. Finally when the lawn was about 3 feet high the town cleaned it up. Tow other houses are foreclosed and empty - who knows who owns them. When the lawn gets so high you can't see around the corner to check for oncoming traffic - it's a problem. The rodents move in and it is a health hazard. So I am happy that Huntington takes this seriously. Should they be more aggressive in collecting on the costs - absolutely. But I totally disagree that it is misspent money, I pay a fortune to live here and I don't want it to look like a slum in my neighborhood.
Boo Yah

Port Washington, NY

#4 Oct 27, 2008
We could use some of that attention here.

Start with our useless lazy cretin neighbors.
Libertarian

Queensbury, NY

#5 Oct 27, 2008
But what if people like to leave their grass a tad longer to let dandelions bloom and help the environment. This 1950s thinking (mow everything to death) is not helping us.
Boo Yah

Port Washington, NY

#6 Oct 27, 2008
Libertarian wrote:
But what if people like to leave their grass a tad longer to let dandelions bloom and help the environment. This 1950s thinking (mow everything to death) is not helping us.
Trash, peeling paint, incomplete construction (since 2003) are the issue, not grass length.
And Condemned Homes

Shoreham, NY

#7 Oct 31, 2008
There is a condemned home on Tracy Drive in the Southdown area that should be demolished. It is surrounded by some of the best housing in Huntington north of 25A, but anyone wanting to sell their homes there are plagued by this disgrace of an eyesore. I know that if I were looking to buy there and saw a beautiful home but also saw this wreck, I would tell the realtor to move on. The town should take swift action here. This dump has been in this condition for at least ten years. What are you going to do about it Mr. Petrone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenlawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Petition drive underway to reopen Roberto Cleme... 6 hr stay out 1
News Islip dumping trials come to an end 6 hr please respond 1
News Islip ex-commish Joe Montuori Jr., aide plead g... 7 hr make them pay 2
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Wed Oreo 1,421
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Wed Bruser 2,663
News Islip OKs tax breaks for B & S Fragrances & Cos... Aug 23 tyrant of islip 5
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Aug 23 boycott 23

Greenlawn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenlawn Mortgages