Fire commissioner candidate accused of harassment

Full story: Newsday

A former Hempstead Village firefighter running for fire commissioner in South Farmingdale was arrested last month and accused of making harassing and threatening phone calls to a woman, court records show.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jan 17, 2014
Disgruntled

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2007

Maybe Newsday should concentrate on on drunk driving or gun control rather than a volunteer fire departments commissioner election. People make mistakes instead of trying to make the other two commissioners look like saints you should dig up how corrupt the really are.
Not the First Time

Washington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2007

Judged:

Is this the same Alan Jacoby who was arrested for burglary of Uniondale? Is this the same Alan who got the charges dropped because a commissioner appeared at court and stated this was all a big mistake? I guess the big mistake was the bolt cutter used to cut the gate, the shove knife to gain entry, the video that showed him turning off the lights so he could not be seen. Alan is a P. O. S.!

http://www.firerescue1.com/news/239215/
Richie

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

I'm voting for Bronko.

R.I.P. big man. We all miss ya
col gary

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

I'm voting for the guy who's buying the beer.
LIFETIME

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

eden laikin had to write this story.
mR oBJECTIVE

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

Typical drunken firefighter gone wild. These guys are mostly bums, sometime heros. Just last week one of them showed up at my door looking fora donation after blaring their sirens outside my house. I should have shot the bastard. Most so called "firefighters" are nothing more than drunken bums who need to get real jobs.
LifeR Farmingdale NY

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2007

The only reason he got the necessary signatures to run is because the "two large brothers",(one being an ex-fire marshall for the city and the other an ex-sfd commissioner), pushed him hard on others. He was to be their puppet. Anybody who listens to those guys should have their head examined. I'd keep watch on whom each one of these guys friends are and avoid them like the plague. I have and will continue to do so.
joey c

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Wow. What did this guy Alan jacoby do? How come he's not in jail still? The system is broken.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greenlawn Discussions

Search the Greenlawn Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) 3 hr Rachel 61
Islip's code enforcer is out (Feb '07) 6 hr George c 32
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 6 hr Lisaa 1,482
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr positronium 6,343
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 11 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
Hit-and-run victim dies - (Nov '07) 13 hr Huntington 15
Obituary: Kevin J. Stone 14 hr Db levittown 1
•••
•••

Greenlawn News Video

•••
Greenlawn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greenlawn Jobs

•••