Budget vote at GFD

Amityville, NY

#1 Aug 12, 2008
OK lets face it, putting a price on saving lives starts with understanding whats worth complaining about. It would cost much more, MUCH more to have paid firemen servicing you. AND when you need them the most. You all move here and payed way too much money for those lovely homes you all spend sooo much money on. Why not understand that your cost for them responding to you, all has alot to do with you all paying so much to begin with. You all have increased the spending cost for this area we live in. The taxes continue to grow because you continue to spend and spend. The Market and demografic you live in consists of people that moved here for the school district and quaility of life. I can understand that you all see the Fire department as a poor mans country club and that they only use the moneys recieved as a party favor, but much of that department is Volunteers, most people that have moved out here from the city and elsewhere could not even think about volunteering here, why, i'm sure because you could care less about RISKING your life for what you have in your life right now. The fire departemnts on the island will remain that way because your local goverment wants it that way. It does keep your state taxes down. Many of you that live in this area now all drive BMW's Mercedes, Audi' and high end cars. Lets face it, you all could give half a F@$# about anyone else that lives here and ones that have been here longer than you. I'd bet most that have complained are those who have the most, and have not lived here longer than 10 years. You dont like it move back to the bulls eye in the city. Take your self centered bubble back from where you came from.

Amityville, NY

#2 Aug 12, 2008
Oh, by the way, my family has been in the town of Greenlawn since the department began, back when this town did not have ingrates. My family was one of the first volunteers in the Greenlawn fire department. So was my granfather and my father was president of Centerport fire department. I surely make a hell of alot less tham most of you that have complained, and i can understand the cost to run the department. And i am glad that they are there when ever they are going to be needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenlawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Oct 3 save you souls 2,503
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Oct 2 Inyourhonor 60
News Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) Oct 1 Jenna 44
News Man charged with robbing four banks (Jan '08) Oct 1 Joseph price mil 80
Review: Herman, Marc DDS - Marc Herman DDS (Dec '10) Sep 27 Happy Patient 3
cheating wives Sep 27 sicilianflavor 1
Suffolk County,N.Y. CPS,DSS (Oct '06) Sep 26 Ginger222 385
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenlawn Mortgages