Congregation upset church will be loc...

Congregation upset church will be locked for Easter

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 9, 2009, titled Congregation upset church will be locked for Easter. In it, Newsday reports that:

Easter Sunday 's celebration will be far removed from festive observances of past years for members of a Greenlawn congregation locked out of their church by the parent denomination over a property dispute.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Samuel Sutter

Melville, NY

#1 Apr 10, 2009
wow, that's really sad, it's always a shame when political power clouds the real mission of worshipers.

www.suttersaga.com
Jimmy Crack Corn

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 10, 2009
"It's not just a building, it's a sanctuary where God has a place."

And he's going to have the place to himself on Sunday - something any man can appreciate. Get off his case.
Reader

Plainview, NY

#3 Apr 10, 2009
I live in the area, and it's sad that this disgruntled group started this political mess in the first place, but are crying now over the outcome. if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen! God should have been put first before they decided to take their own personal dilemma's and make them a public problem - when the public didn't even support the drama.
tired of it

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Apr 10, 2009
So so silly. If you cult members are real Believers, why do you need a Place to have faith.. Do you worship at home, you don't need to feed the kiddy like the freeloading pastors want you to think.
Adults in fear..that's all religion is
Sad

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2009
This is such an embarassment. This is a clear example of 'you reap what you sow'. Doesn't feel so great when the tables are turned. God will always have his way in the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenlawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Noise in Bethpage (Dec '16) Sun Skeet 4
News Hempstead Supervisor-elect Laura Gillen announc... Jan 18 Vocalic Scissors 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Dix Hills (Mar '17) Jan 17 Ariella 4
News Cuomo proposes sweeping $11.5M plan to steer LI... Jan 16 time to sell 2
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) Jan 16 Lord Pfogg 121
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Jan 16 Bruser 2,827
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Jan 14 Jewel_and_Kaymac k 1,520

Greenlawn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenlawn Mortgages