Greenlawn pedestrian killed in car cr...

Greenlawn pedestrian killed in car crash -- Transportation Acci...

There are 25 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 8, 2008, titled Greenlawn pedestrian killed in car crash -- Transportation Acci.... In it, Newsday reports that:

A pedestrian was struck and killed Tuesday by a pickup truck that went out of control after a collision at a Greenlawn intersection, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Slappy White

Milford, CT

#2 Apr 9, 2008
Let's keep giving children licenses, and we'll continue to read stories like this.
What else is New

Newark, NJ

#3 Apr 9, 2008
So true Slappy, so true!
James Dean

Bronx, NY

#4 Apr 9, 2008
A 19 year old diving wrecklessly? Now there's a shock.
JJJ

Sound Beach, NY

#5 Apr 9, 2008
Slappy White wrote:
Let's keep giving children licenses, and we'll continue to read stories like this.
very true,they dont even know how to act normal these days,thats ok,mommy and daddy will pamper them.
Fotoguy

Syosset, NY

#6 Apr 9, 2008
Slappy White wrote:
Let's keep giving children licenses, and we'll continue to read stories like this.
You're right on target with that one Slappy
lola

Elmont, NY

#7 Apr 9, 2008
i was behind the accident i was scared to death! my friends mom alerted the local fire department imedettly it was very scary to see a young man laying on the ground. We wish the best to his family.

Greenlawn Resident

Huntington Station, NY

#8 Apr 9, 2008
oh shut up...all you people blame it all on young people all the time..but most of the time it is the older persons fault..I know someone who saw the accident AND the older woman was apparently the one speeding...the cops just love to blame the young people cause its the easy way out...Ron is a great kid so stop..
Slappy White

Jamaica, NY

#9 Apr 9, 2008
Greenlawn Resident wrote:
oh shut up...all you people blame it all on young people all the time..but most of the time it is the older persons fault..I know someone who saw the accident AND the older woman was apparently the one speeding...the cops just love to blame the young people cause its the easy way out...Ron is a great kid so stop..
Oh, here we go...

I didn't know high school had been let out yet.
Greenlawn Resident

Huntington Station, NY

#10 Apr 9, 2008
Ouch! you really got me hun, too bad I haven't been out high school for a while now..
Lie46

Warren, NJ

#11 Apr 9, 2008
Wish the best for the family of the poor man, truley a tragic accident. Unfortunate that a 45 year old would speed on such a busy road going through town, It was her fault she slammed into the truck causing the spin out and she is lucky to be alive, no signs of even attempting to slow down on her part. Sure we could all blame the young man but when it comes down to the facts she was speeding, failed to stop/avoid the truck, its a shame.
Before opening your ignorant mouth about a 19 year old driving "wreckless" get your facts straight!
Enough

Raleigh, NC

#12 Apr 9, 2008
Greenlawn Resident wrote:
oh shut up...all you people blame it all on young people all the time..but most of the time it is the older persons fault..I know someone who saw the accident AND the older woman was apparently the one speeding...the cops just love to blame the young people cause its the easy way out...Ron is a great kid so stop..
Look up the statistics. You are WRONG.
Lie46

New York, NY

#13 Apr 9, 2008
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the statistics. You are WRONG.
Statistics? Young people being less experienced on the road therefore they are always to blame? statistics? This article is about a car hitting a truck because the car was speeding down the road and failed to stop for a truck pulling out subsequently sending the truck into a pedestrian leading to his death, a tragic accident, so you come on here to say that Ron was to blame because of statistics? Age is not a factor in this instance as to "whos to blame", this was not another "drunk teen kills" situation. Leave the bull-sht at home don't come on here and post garbage.

Regardless of statistics, this was a tragic accident and thats the bottom line
Greenlawn Resident

Huntington Station, NY

#14 Apr 9, 2008
Thank you Lie46!! I find it ridiculous that they always blame the young drivers, its just an easy way out like I said...get your facts straight peopleee!!
George lucas

Amityville, NY

#15 Apr 9, 2008
Very Sad.
George lucas

Amityville, NY

#16 Apr 9, 2008
I was there. LIE 46 has it straight.
John in Greenlawn

Parsippany, NJ

#17 Apr 9, 2008
So sad. Let's not lose sight of the fact that a man lost his life. Chris was a terrific guy with a lovely wife and two kids. Life is fleeting and precious. Remember this story the next time we are short tempered or impatient with the ones we love.
bystander

Selden, NY

#19 Apr 9, 2008
I was a short distance from this accident when it happened. I did not witness the actual collision but was drawn to it by the noise. The pedestrian was trapped under the pick up truck not the car driven by the female driver. The pedestrian seemed to be unresponsive. The two drivers were in shock by this whole ordeal. This was a bad day for all and missinformation makes it worse. Most of all my hart and sympathy goes out to the family of the man who lost his life.
LI lander

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Apr 9, 2008
I work at a store right by where the accident happened and spoke to the police while they were there responding to it. Right from the start the cops reported that the car was speeding and struck the pick-up that was slowing to make a turn. The impact sent the pick-up into the pedestrian. I saw both vehicles and the car had to be going REALLY fast to get that kind of damage and even do that much damage to the truck. I am sure there is at least a small amount of blame to put on anyone involved in an accident, but the bottom line is that that road is narrow and very busy and speeding on it can not lead to anything but tradgedy. 7614
local

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#21 Apr 10, 2008
I was saddened to read about this iterrible accident and my thoughts and prayers go out to th familes.
DOitRight

Southwick, MA

#22 Apr 10, 2008
Greenlawn Resident wrote:
Thank you Lie46!! I find it ridiculous that they always blame the young drivers, its just an easy way out like I said...get your facts straight peopleee!!
All you have to is read this rag each day, teen killed, one more today in west hempstead, sorry buts its a way of life here on the island, fast cars, speed and lack of common driving skills

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenlawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Fri Jewel_and_Kaymac k 1,492
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Dix Hills (Mar '17) Fri Lauren W 2
Noise in Bethpage (Dec '16) Oct 18 cheeets 3
Looking for female american bulldog to breed with! (Jan '12) Oct 18 John Boy 61
Review: Sinderella's Sinderella's (May '15) Oct 17 Rob 6
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Oct 16 Nancy Weinstein 8
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Oct 13 Bruser 2,778

Greenlawn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenlawn Mortgages