Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam

Full story: WCBSTV.com 325
A chimney sweep and his helper pleaded not guilty Thursday to grand larceny and other charges after a prosecutor said they scammed mostly elderly customers into getting unnecessary and expensive repairs. Full Story
Vee

AOL

#23 Jul 30, 2006
still mad after all these years for not getting a part in Mary Poppins.
jeff

Pelham, NY

#24 Jul 31, 2006
THE GOOD wrote:
the csia,is bull,you pay dues to these people.most of the chimney thiefs belong to these type of things.BBB,CHIMNEY GUILD,CSIA,ECT.TELLING PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH THE CHIMNEY COMPANYS THAT BELONG IS TELLING THEM TO GET RIPPED OFF.
Get your information right before you make comments. you have no idea what your commenting on
schmed

Carlstadt, NJ

#25 Aug 29, 2006
Yeh, I had my chimney "swept" for $35 bucks, the guy was done literally in 5 seconds he never went on the roof or came in the house. He did everything (nothing) through the outside air vent.
Charlie

AOL

#26 Sep 6, 2006
People are stupid if they think they can get a REAL chimney cleaning for the "LOW" price of $20 or $30. I happen to be in the boiler servicing business and we charge $150 for a REAL boiler tune-up. I lose many callers who see this service advertised for the "LOW" price of $59.95! A real boiler tune-up takes about 2 hours, requires taking apart of the boiler and flue pipes, and some serious sword and brush work, then vaccuuming, re-assembly, and then a cosmetic cleaning of the outside of the boiler. This is in addition to replacing some inexpensive maintenance parts which cost about $10. Some of my new customers tell me about the other boiler servicing companies they used before trying us. I was told that all they did was vaccuum the boiler and change the filter and nozzle in about 10 minutes! Not bad for $59.95! That's 3-4 jobs per hour, that's $180-$240 per hour, or about $1600 per day-not bad for scammers! Gotta go, I think my chimney guy is here to install the $3000 stainless steel chimney liner I didn't need.
victor

AOL

#27 Sep 12, 2006
you need to give that person a ass wipping for the trash they say about chimney medic or the thing you try to do for the poepl that know you a good guy and do good forothers i forone can say that and im sure others can too love u man call me
victor

AOL

#28 Sep 12, 2006
cliff chimney medic wrote:
NOT TRUE ! Not all chimney companys are out there scaming,I resend the fact of being put into a catagory with crack heads and heroin addicts. It is not impossible to be a low priced sweep,and to do the right thing by all.
SO LETS LEAVE THE LITTLE GUYS ALONE
cliff give me a call victor i got something for u to see
julie

AOL

#29 Sep 18, 2006
I used another chimney service and was screwed. Now I have a job that is incomplete and am out of "seven k". Have reported company to both Nassau and Suffolk counties and still they advertise in local papers siting licensed and insured. Unfortunately, too late for me, they listed licensed and insured on receipt-only license they had was a drivers license. Beware.
ryan

UK

#30 Oct 16, 2006
please tell me what they use otherwise i will report to u! plz plz tell me im beggin
your sincerly
ryan fletcher
daa

Dayton, OH

#31 Oct 26, 2006
still mad vee
Sharkey

AOL

#32 Oct 28, 2006
I think Long Island is thier easiest target,after all,most of you beleive everything told to you.The elderly still beleive this world is like it was in the 1940's.In a society where its so damn hard to make ends meet because of an out of control local government,do you thing shady contractors and lawyers wont hesitate to take advantage of the less fortunate.Face it,your price of living is too high for anyone not pulling six figuires in 35 hours a week.Clean up your government waste,see your taxes drop or freeze,see how society adjust.
justluckie

Bowling Green, KY

#33 Oct 28, 2006
We have the same kinds of problems here I live in west Texas and here labor is cheap so when people call for our chimney sweep or air duct cleaning services and we quote them..... the ones with no common sense try to save a buck and hire people who quote them $20 or $30 and then seem to also forget that these people have to enter their homes to do this work. I have been to peoples homes who have had cheap companies or people do services for them and then they have to wind up calling us anyway to do it right.
Sharkey

AOL

#34 Oct 28, 2006
I know of a electricain who uses aluminum wire,cheap.
Confused

United States

#35 Oct 29, 2006
REvans wrote:
I know of a electricain who uses aluminum wire,cheap.
If I'm not mistaken, aluminum wire is illegal, I could be wrong. But I do know it is a very dangerous materiel. He/she should be reported
Sharkey

AOL

#36 Oct 29, 2006
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken, aluminum wire is illegal, I could be wrong. But I do know it is a very dangerous materiel. He/she should be reported
That was a joke,aluminum wire is legal for service equipment only on Long Island,in other parts of the country it is legal for dedicated circuits to larger appliances.
Confused

United States

#37 Oct 29, 2006
REvans wrote:
<quoted text>That was a joke,aluminum wire is legal for service equipment only on Long Island,in other parts of the country it is legal for dedicated circuits to larger appliances.
LOL
Secret

AOL

#38 Dec 18, 2006
He is living at his mother's house located at 1797 Adlin Ct, East Meadow, NY 11554. The police are also looking for him in Nassau. His girlfriend Florence DeNoto is the one who called telemarketing you. They go every morning to a methadone clinic that is located at Long Island Jewish Hospital, entrance is on 263rd st, one block off Union Tpke in Queens, NY. He goes 6 mornings a week. You will DEFINITELY catch him there.
Kay wrote:
I was scammed! WATCH OUT for SAFE N CLEAN
STEVEN SUNDQUIST is the scumbag. There is a warrant out for his arrest in CT already. I'm told this guy follows the real estate market and they called and told me that they had serviced my house every yr. and it was time for my annual cleaning and I FELL FOR IT!!! Call Department of Consumer Protection because there are dectives that are trying to stop these people. In the meantime...he might want to hide his family and watch his kneecaps! hehehe

Since: Dec 06

Haledon, NJ

#39 Dec 19, 2006
john wrote:
<quoted text>, I am tired of hearing about the elderly being scammed if they are not competent to make basic decisions they should not be left unassisted, Where are there family's, usually waiting for the lawyers call and what there going to get
I absolutely sgree with you!! There should be more help and protection for the elderly!
Secret

AOL

#41 Jan 5, 2007
Steven Sundquist and his girlfriend, Florence May DeNoto, last living address was 1797 Adlin Ct., East Meadow, NY 11554. He is a convicted felon, presently wanted by police. Together, Steven and Florence decieve homeowners out of thousands of dollars. He owns Safe N Clean, Florence owned Safety First. Please do not do business with these individuals. They are unlicensed heroine addicts. He goes to his methadone clinic at Long Island Jewish Hospital, the main opening is on 263rd st, one block off Union Tpke in Queens, NY. You will find him there every morning Monday - Saturday.
schmed

Carlstadt, NJ

#42 Jan 10, 2007
cliff chimney medic wrote:
ACTUALLY WE ARE ONLY CHARGING $29.99 FOR A COMPLETE CLEANING AND A EXTENSIVE 20 POINT FIRE AND SAFETY INSPECTION.
BS, I had one of you guys, a Croat most likely, do shit when you came out. You cleaned my O2 intake and that's it. I had Dunrite come out and they did an outstanding job, they were there for over an hour.
Sharon

Candiac, Canada

#43 Jan 30, 2007
Has anyone heard of All-American Chimney Maintenance in Islip, Long Island? I know someone who recently had work done by them and cost them $2,800.00. They replaced a liner saying that the other person put in the wrong one. He said the other guy put in a gas liner instead of a oil one, took that one out for supposedly gas and replaced it with one for oil furnace. Then went down to their basement and did something with a pipe. There was no name on the truck. It was a gray van and the guy says he also goes to connecticut as well. I would be grateful if someone could comment if they ever came across this company. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenlawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 5 hr Lisa 1,649
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 16 hr Clifford Spencer 758
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 17 hr Bruser 2,292
Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) 20 hr mdw 44
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Fri liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 675
•••

Greenlawn News Video

•••
•••

Greenlawn Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greenlawn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greenlawn News, Events & Info