Campaign '08: A view from Greenlawn

Campaign '08: A view from Greenlawn

There are 18 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 28, 2008, titled Campaign '08: A view from Greenlawn. In it, Newsday reports that:

Greenlawn , a Suffolk County community south of Centerport and east of Huntington , has a low-key, hometown vibe and a comfortable mix of blue and white collars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

CJS

Atlanta, GA

#2 Oct 29, 2008
Isn't anyone afraid of Obama's associations? Friends are powerful and influencial! Read between the lines people.
heck

New York, NY

#3 Oct 29, 2008
newsday probably made up most of these quotes, anyways....
Morons

Franklin Square, NY

#4 Oct 29, 2008
A vote for Obama is a vote for socialism. Look at your paycheck, then think about how it will look after Obama decides that the deadbeat smoking crack all day deserves a piece of what you worked so hard for.

A vote for Obama is not only a vote for a Socialist society, it shows you're a moron.
wow

New Canaan, CT

#5 Oct 29, 2008
I still don't partucularly like either candidate. When it come down to it though I really can't see how we could put up with being taxed even more than we already are.

Between income, sales, gains, property... tax. It is freaking ridiculous already, most of us only keep half of what we make.

I guess if it come down to choosing the lesser evil I'll have to go with the old dude on November 4th.
when civility fails

Safety Harbor, FL

#6 Oct 29, 2008
Morons wrote:
A vote for Obama is a vote for socialism. Look at your paycheck, then think about how it will look after Obama decides that the deadbeat smoking crack all day deserves a piece of what you worked so hard for.
A vote for Obama is not only a vote for a Socialist society, it shows you're a moron.
Stop with the socialism already. Inflation was the problem.Do you like your garbage picked up, roads freshly paved, cops to protect you, etc. when expences go up, things cost more and people doing those jobs still need raises to cover their own expences. You want more for less, grow up.
when civility fails

Safety Harbor, FL

#7 Oct 29, 2008
Morons wrote:
A vote for Obama is a vote for socialism. Look at your paycheck, then think about how it will look after Obama decides that the deadbeat smoking crack all day deserves a piece of what you worked so hard for.
A vote for Obama is not only a vote for a Socialist society, it shows you're a moron.
I guess you didnt notice Bush the republican socialist raised S.S.I. for those crack heads for 09.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#8 Oct 29, 2008
Did a newsday reporter actually leave the office, to get facts/quotes for a story? What is this world coming to?
Fact or Fiction

New York, NY

#9 Oct 29, 2008
when civility fails wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop with the socialism already. Inflation was the problem.Do you like your garbage picked up, roads freshly paved, cops to protect you, etc. when expences go up, things cost more and people doing those jobs still need raises to cover their own expences. You want more for less, grow up.
No I dont want more for less, but I do not want to pay more to support the deadbeats. Nothing more than a handout and it doesn nothing to encourage or assist the less fortunate to make it on their own. Whats even more rediculious is the comments I have seen on TV. Love it when the people of color say "Its history in the making, the first Black President" Well I hate to bust your bubble, but hes half white and if he does win he will be in the "White House" hahahahahahahaha.
when civility fails

Safety Harbor, FL

#10 Oct 29, 2008
Fact or Fiction wrote:
<quoted text>
No I dont want more for less, but I do not want to pay more to support the deadbeats. Nothing more than a handout and it doesn nothing to encourage or assist the less fortunate to make it on their own. Whats even more rediculious is the comments I have seen on TV. Love it when the people of color say "Its history in the making, the first Black President" Well I hate to bust your bubble, but hes half white and if he does win he will be in the "White House" hahahahahahahaha.
Burst my bubble? I am what you call "mixed" and half white at that. The future is here, time for the unqualified to step aside. Your white house joke is as old as your views of this country.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#11 Oct 29, 2008
Obaba '08
Reparations Act of 2009
Fact or Fiction

New York, NY

#12 Oct 29, 2008
when civility fails wrote:
<quoted text>
Burst my bubble? I am what you call "mixed" and half white at that. The future is here, time for the unqualified to step aside. Your white house joke is as old as your views of this country.
You are what I call a fool if you think Obama is qualified. You know nothing of my views of this country, you ASSUME. Great speaker, but completely unqualified for the job. The only reason he has made it this far is because he considers himself "Black" and ready to fix the country and Hillary wasnt even a threat. hahahahahahahahaha If Obama was all white he wouldnt even get a second look.
Titan

Corona, NY

#13 Oct 29, 2008
"Tannika Midgett, 30, a single mother of two doing her family's laundry in the Laundromat, works six days a week, without health care coverage, for a debt collection company where business is booming. "I'm barely making it with a full-time job," she said. Obama, she believes, will help make life easier"

How will Obama make life easier?? GGGGRRR! Is he going to do your laundry for you? Cook you dinner? Or are you referring to the potential for "free" money from the government for nothing?

This is the biggest problem in this country. I'm sorry your life is tough (in your view), but when did it become the government's job to make your life easier? Unreal. As for health insurance, when that did that become a "right"? If your current job doesn't offer health insurance, find one that does.

We really have become a nation full of whiners and people looking for handouts.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#14 Oct 29, 2008
Titan wrote:
"Tannika Midgett, 30, a single mother of two doing her family's laundry in the Laundromat, works six days a week, without health care coverage, for a debt collection company where business is booming. "I'm barely making it with a full-time job," she said. Obama, she believes, will help make life easier"
How will Obama make life easier?? GGGGRRR! Is he going to do your laundry for you? Cook you dinner? Or are you referring to the potential for "free" money from the government for nothing?
This is the biggest problem in this country. I'm sorry your life is tough (in your view), but when did it become the government's job to make your life easier? Unreal. As for health insurance, when that did that become a "right"? If your current job doesn't offer health insurance, find one that does.
We really have become a nation full of whiners and people looking for handouts.
I agree completely. When you asked "when did it become the goveernment's job to make your life easier", you should have stated "when did it become MY job to make YOUR life easier"! The gov't will be dishing it out, but WE will be the ones paying for it. Will I have to share my house with Tannika too?
yea

Freehold, NJ

#15 Oct 29, 2008
Wake up people, Not one person in recent history has been a choice for the people. I could care less who is running and who will win, because the lesser of the two evils equals a horrible 4 years no matter what you choose. I am not voting this year, as I didnt the last election because of the choices that are pesent. Both canadates have immoral issues, and under lying plans that hurt you, me and everyone else. Hundreds of years have past and not one party has been able to resolve or even come close to resolving our issues, if you ask me each election that passes, it only gets worse and more corrupt and less about us. If I had the choice in the election box to vote for none of the above I WOULD!
paul

Edison, NJ

#16 Oct 29, 2008
There are three classes of people in the U.S. First are the upper class, who control commerce and government. Second are the middle class who work their butts off in an effort to join the upper class. third are the lower class who do not work at all, and wish for a bigger government to take care of all their needs, and asks nothing in return except their VOTE!
Vendetta

Bronx, NY

#17 Oct 29, 2008
Thank God I don't live in Greenlawn.
lost in selden

Freehold, NJ

#18 Oct 30, 2008
I am pretty glad you dont live here either Vendetta. Great minds don't think within the box, they build the box for everyone to get in to.
Selden is Home

Bronx, NY

#19 Oct 30, 2008
lost in selden wrote:
I am pretty glad you dont live here either Vendetta. Great minds don't think within the box, they build the box for everyone to get in to.
Yo Mamas Box!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenlawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Mon Bruser 2,621
News Smithtown parishioners planning protest of chur... (Aug '07) Sat Deserted in the D... 1,817
Fredrick's Restaurant May 21 annonomous 1
Huntigton murder of Melvin Cortes on mothers day (May '06) May 20 Mad 33
Cancers around Cerro Wire (Feb '08) May 19 Evelyn 11
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) May 16 R Baker 19
Illegal Apartments In Levittown are Hurting Pro... May 16 Eager Beaver 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenlawn Mortgages