The loud music is out control in Brentwood

Posted in the Greenlawn Forum

Jose123

Central Islip, NY

#1 Aug 10, 2014
This is getting ridiculous already. I cannot understand why the town of Islip allows people to play there music so loud and so late. Yes the town tells you to call the police. But we all know it's all a joke to the offenders. When the cops leave they turn it up again. I remember when I could enjoy my backyard just sit there drink coffee and talk with friends and family. But this place has become a cesspool for people to crap on there neighbors. No regards for others. I am losing many good neighbors. They are leaving to other places. It's sad to see this. But I understand. There is no other solution. I will be selling too in seven years. I have argue many times with town hall on this same issue. They don't want to listen. How could you discipline the children when you don't control the adults. My wife grew up in Brentwood. I came here after leaving the army. I fell in love with this place. So I bought a house and raised my kids here. I am still in my early fiftys. But I'm afraid that if I stay things will only get worst. My wife was threaten by a neighbors illegal renters. She only ask if they could lower the music. I was at work. I do not anything to happen to my family or property. I am thinking of petitioning the town on loud music at change,org. Then maybe they will listen. Thank and god bless
adnaloy

Switzerland

#2 Wednesday Sep 10
I understand you so well, I grew up in Brentwood, left and bought my childhood house
15 years ago, love it there but the last five years have been brutal with the noise, it
has become so bad that we cannot have outside BBQ'S anymore, we have one
on the block and a few on the surrounding blocks, we have a house of worship on Suffolk
Avenue that thinks it's ok to praise God on a maximum volume, I have neighbors on our
block for 50 + years they are sick & tired too of the lawlessness renting brings!
I have found that most of them are illegals and yes the police does nothing..
Brentwood was a wonderful town of diversity back in the day!
Yes of course things happened, but not in the way that it's happening today!
Many folks on our block have contacted Phil Ramos the Assemblyman and had
a meeting with him voicing our concerns and distaste.
It seems that most of these people have no respect for the working class
I mean no one is saying you cannot have a better life, but you can start by
respecting others and playing by the rules like most of us hard working people do.
I pay my taxes get up early to work to pay my way through my life and take care of my family
this is an Albatross of lawlessness that I hope gets under control...
I suggest you call Mr Ramos as well and voice your concerns as well, if we don't do it
these people will continue to prey on us and laugh, it will take time but we can make
a difference, and perhaps get change so the hard working folks can at least enjoy their
yards on weekends.
Have a great day! & May God Bless us all!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenlawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr let the truth be ... 6,444
What happened to RObert MAyer? (Aug '13) 7 hr Sambee 1,657
Garbage pail scavengers in levittown 15 hr Sambee 2
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sun Jimmy Rustle 676
FCGOA Pres Guy James SELLS-OUT 188 Securitas Of... (Apr '11) Sun anthony 2
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Sun truth 759
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sun Bruser 2,293
•••

Greenlawn News Video

•••
Greenlawn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greenlawn Jobs

•••