Commack man, 19, on motorcycle killed in crash

There are 20 comments on the May 25, 2009, Newsday story titled Commack man, 19, on motorcycle killed in crash. In it, Newsday reports that:

A young Commack man riding an uninsured and improperly registered motorcycle died early Monday from injuries in a multivehicle crash that occurred Sunday evening, Suffolk County police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
xrider

AOL

#1 May 25, 2009
its a shame, how sad but riding on LI is just not SAFE
Hugh G Rection

Peekskill, NY

#2 May 25, 2009
Every day when I see a motorcyclist speed past me or cut through lanes to shave a few minutes off of his arrival time, I wonder if those minutes saved ultimately bring him closer to his final ride.

Slow down, bike riders!
Julee

Nyack, NY

#4 May 25, 2009
RIP

“ A Wise Person Once Told Me ”

Since: May 07

Old Westbury, NY

#8 May 26, 2009
OhWellShitHappens wrote:
How come you stopped posting under the name Death Race?
OhWellShitHappen s

Brooklyn, NY

#9 May 26, 2009
Shirley Temple wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you stopped posting under the name Death Race?
Why did you change your moniker to Shirley Temple?
hdrider

Union City, NJ

#11 May 26, 2009
Hey Kids, these are not street bikes!!!! Use them on a track. The way you ride these bikes makes it extremely bad for us. You will reach your destination if you obey the laws & do not think you are invincible. Weaving in & out of traffic, doing wheelies on the roads & flying out of nowhere? Wake up before it is too late. Seriously!!
Mrs E

Huntington Station, NY

#13 May 26, 2009
I do not know Anthony or his family. Yesterday I saw a young woman with a poster for her brother. Her eyes were swollen and red from crying obviously for hours. The pain in her face was so visible that you knew her heart was shattered. At that moment, my heart shattered too, feeling the sense of loss that she and her family have to endure. It doesn't matter at this point how it happened...a young life is gone. The parents, siblings and close friends had their lives change forever. To experience any loss in our lives is devastating. If any of you feel writing insults is going to damage this young man, it's not....you are only hurting people that have to deal with an enormous amount of pain already. Being cruel and hurtful with words is just as wrong as taking a knife and stabbing someone in the heart. If you cannot offer comforting words, then be silent and just say a prayer for those that have been left behind to grieve.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Weber family. May God carry you through this time in your life.
Charles

Selden, NY

#15 May 26, 2009
A man was killed on Saturday May 23. Witnesses report
that he was making a left turn from Sawgrass Rd onto East bound Rt 99 Woodside Rd and that his light was green. A
late model Mustang Convertible heading West on Woodside
reportedly did not stop for the red light in that direction. The
man, on a motorcycle, was struck and killed instantly.
What's wrong with Newsday, why is this not reported! Why
are accidents of far lesser damage reported and those like
this not reported?? Is there prejudice against the South Shore?
How will people learn about the dangers of particular roads and driving practice (running red lights) without the news
being published??
OhWellShitHappen s

Brooklyn, NY

#16 May 26, 2009
Mrs E wrote:
I do not know Anthony or his family. Yesterday I saw a young woman with a poster for her brother. Her eyes were swollen and red from crying obviously for hours. The pain in her face was so visible that you knew her heart was shattered. At that moment, my heart shattered too, feeling the sense of loss that she and her family have to endure. It doesn't matter at this point how it happened...a young life is gone. The parents, siblings and close friends had their lives change forever. To experience any loss in our lives is devastating. If any of you feel writing insults is going to damage this young man, it's not....you are only hurting people that have to deal with an enormous amount of pain already. Being cruel and hurtful with words is just as wrong as taking a knife and stabbing someone in the heart. If you cannot offer comforting words, then be silent and just say a prayer for those that have been left behind to grieve.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Weber family. May God carry you through this time in your life.
You’d think the guy would have taken such things into consideration before riding something he had no right to be on.
Wake up.
hdrider

Union City, NJ

#17 May 26, 2009
OH WELL, obviously this was a stranger that saw this teens sister. I have seen your and some other insenstive & discusting comments by all the same people left on this discussion board. Did you all lose someone to such accidents? Or does it constantly make your days that much better to act like such lowlife idiots? When and if you lose someone you truly care about to a horrific accident. Be prepared to read same. You have such hatred in you it pathetic.
OhWellShitHappen s

Brooklyn, NY

#19 May 26, 2009
hdrider wrote:
OH WELL, obviously this was a stranger that saw this teens sister. I have seen your and some other insenstive & discusting comments by all the same people left on this discussion board. Did you all lose someone to such accidents? Or does it constantly make your days that much better to act like such lowlife idiots? When and if you lose someone you truly care about to a horrific accident. Be prepared to read same. You have such hatred in you it pathetic.
Welcome aboard, Harley Momma.
Do you honestly think that Anthony Weber was the sharpest pencil in the box riding without a license, registration and insurance?
Just to let you know, yes, I have lost a few stupid friends throughout the years. Reality is what it is. Learn from people’s mistakes or don’t. It does make my day knowing that some dangerous jerk has decided to leave this world. It makes me extremely happy to know when some leave this world without taking others with them.
end the hate

Brooklyn, NY

#20 May 26, 2009
OhWellShitHappens wrote:
"riding an uninsured and improperly registered motorcycle"
Brilliant!!! A posthumous "Thank you" and Darwin Award nomination goes to Anthony Weber for offing himself before he killed anyone and for proving missing links do exist.
Indahwati Becker also get recognition for being a clueless idiot. Too bad he didn't hit a pole.
How was Indahwati Becker responsible for the crash in any way you sick perso??? Why does it come so natural for you to wish people death and laugh at other peoples misfortunes? You are so negative and hateful that i actually feel sorry for you. And the saddest part of it all is that i know you're not kidding...
TLC760

Brooklyn, NY

#21 May 26, 2009
You are a moron ! This kid has parents . I knew him from his birth. I have known the parents all my life. Let me guess when you were young you didnt do anything stupid. Locked in a cage all your poor life by your parents ? Think about the dumb things you did as a kid. Remember, if you have nothing good to say. SHUT YOUR MONTH !
OhWellShitHappens wrote:
"riding an uninsured and improperly registered motorcycle"
Brilliant!!! A posthumous "Thank you" and Darwin Award nomination goes to Anthony Weber for offing himself before he killed anyone and for proving missing links do exist.
Indahwati Becker also get recognition for being a clueless idiot. Too bad he didn't hit a pole.
TLC760

Brooklyn, NY

#22 May 26, 2009
To all that havent left comments condeming Anthony. Thank you. Yes he didnt use very good judgement. Yes he shouldnt have ben on the bike. Did anyone ever do something stupid when they were young ? I did plenty of stupid things. Im sure most of us have. I knew Anthony since the day he was born. I have known his father all my life. Hye " OHWELSHITHAPPENS " I hope this shit never happens to your loved ones. So do us all a big favor, Stop with the negitve comments about people you dont know. And even the ones you do know. If you nothing nice to say shut your mouth. THANKS TO THE REST . Tom C,
hdrider

Union City, NJ

#27 May 26, 2009
OH WELL, wtf are you talking about? Harley momma? I'm a dude, you fool. And yea, idiot, I have read your posts on other sites. Since you say you have lost friends to stupid actions, did you enjoy the comments made about them? Were you heartbroken and miss them? Or did you walk into their wakes and confront their families and say "OH, WELL SHIT HAPPENS?" Do something constructive with your life whatever you are, instead of being such a fkn a**hole all the time. My condolences to his family at this time.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#29 May 26, 2009
hdrider wrote:
OH WELL,**** are you talking about? Harley momma? I'm a dude, you fool. And yea, idiot, I have read your posts on other sites. Since you say you have lost friends to stupid actions, did you enjoy the comments made about them? Were you heartbroken and miss them? Or did you walk into their wakes and confront their families and say "OH, WELL **** HAPPENS?" Do something constructive with your life whatever you are, instead of being such a **** all the time. My condolences to his family at this time.
confront???? meaning....to say such things to someone's face?

I think you know the answer to that.
Harleymamma03

Union City, NJ

#30 May 26, 2009
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
confront???? meaning....to say such things to someone's face?
I think you know the answer to that.
HarleyRyder...yes, i do know the answer to that!! I heard about this accident cuz I thought they Newsday said he was from Kings Park, but, as usual they get their stories all fked up..this azzhole and his lil posse post the most disgusting comments on these accident sites involving teens...when we lost a very close teen to an horrible accident in Kings Park almost 2 years ago..these fkers started to personally attack me & HD riders...want more info just to enlighten you about this pr*ck, lemme know...Proud Military Momma of 2...
OhWellShitHappen s

Brooklyn, NY

#31 May 26, 2009
end the hate wrote:
<quoted text>
How was Indahwati Becker responsible for the crash in any way you sick perso??? Why does it come so natural for you to wish people death and laugh at other peoples misfortunes? You are so negative and hateful that i actually feel sorry for you. And the saddest part of it all is that i know you're not kidding...
Splattertwat, did you read the article?
The Honda that was driven by Indahwati Becker crossed into oncoming traffic and collided with a 2009 Chrysler minivan driven by James Hale.
It’s people like you that cause these crashes.
hdrider

Union City, NJ

#36 May 26, 2009
OhWellShitHappens wrote:
<quoted text>
When I lose someone close to me due to stupidity, I know to stay off the comment threads. Those who look for punishment usually find it.
OWSH, why do you continuously have to keep going on each story with your insults, insensitive and totally uncalled for comments? Say what you feel you must post and move on bud, why you say what you do I don't understand. Pyschopaths as yourself that feel it's ok to make such comments to mourning families and friends who have just lost a young person is a definate sign to call your shrink and have your brain re-checked. Let it go lonely fudgepacker, just let it go. You are obviously a very lonely person with NO friends except for topix.
Seths mother July 03

East Northport, NY

#39 May 27, 2009
You are a cruel and heartless person and while I pry that you never have to experience the absolute hell of losing someone young that you love dearly I fear that may be the only way someone as self rightous as you are will ever understand. People make mistakes. Things happen that only the dead would be able to explain and obviously they can't. Inexperience and mistakes in judgement are unfortunate but shouldn't be punishable with the life of a teenager.
I hope you someday grow an ounce of compassion because someday you'll need it from others.
I don't the know the Weber family, but having lost an 18 year old in the same town my heart goes out to them as they experience truly the worst pain one can experience.
OhWellShitHappens wrote:
<quoted text>
You’d think the guy would have taken such things into consideration before riding something he had no right to be on.
Wake up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenlawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for female american bulldog to breed with! (Jan '12) 1 hr jwhitted5 19
News Loitering bill in trouble (Mar '07) 3 hr Rated X 5
News 2 Charged in Massapequa Shooting (Jun '10) 3 hr Rated X 16
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 11 hr Bruser 2,433
News Amanda Malloy remembered as 'Renaissance woman' (Nov '08) 20 hr Bruce Isselbaecher 35
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sun x 1,377
News Man arrested in Internet sting with Miss Americ... (May '07) Sat Lexxx 398
More from around the web

Greenlawn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]