SUV driver strikes 4 youths in Huntin...

SUV driver strikes 4 youths in Huntington

There are 141 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 28, 2008, titled SUV driver strikes 4 youths in Huntington. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Huntington Station teen was hospitalized and three friends were injured after they were struck by an SUV following an argument on Wall Street in Huntington Friday night, Suffolk police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Mike Savage

Bronx, NY

#1 Jun 28, 2008
Now imagine when everybody gets to carry a gun for personal protection.
SpareChange

Westbury, NY

#2 Jun 28, 2008
Does Lizzie Grubman have a brother?
Mike Savage

Bronx, NY

#3 Jun 28, 2008
<<<<A 15-year-old Queens girl was fatally stabbed in the chest Wednesday night and city police arrested 39-year-old man in connection with the death, charging him with manslaughter.>>>

This is all because a woman with a child cut infront of him while waiting for a bus. He reacted to it and caused a chain of events that led to this situation.
teen dream

Baldwin, NY

#4 Jun 28, 2008
so where's the problem.Group{gang} of teens start smackdown and bit of more then they could chew.driver shouldn't have left but 8 vs 3 had right to fear and flee.
thogy

Peekskill, NY

#5 Jun 28, 2008
what the heck is a 12-yr old hanging out with a 20-yr old at 11:00 at night?
unreal

Lehighton, PA

#6 Jun 28, 2008
Eight youths ... Reminds me of the movie My cousin Vinny
What are 8 guys including a 12 year old doing at 11:00 at night
I am sure they were coming back from volunteering at a local nurseing home and were cleaning the streets as they walked home... to make a Huntington a better place... Hello where are the parents... Say what you want they were out looking for a fight and they got one next time dont argue with an SUV
Issue Passes

Shoreham, NY

#7 Jun 28, 2008
Our beautiful town attracts too many undesirables. This is just one sad example.
northporter

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jun 28, 2008
My friend and I were robbed of iPod, cell phone, cash by some kids aged 10- to 20-year-olds just as we were leaving the Huntington movie theatre by the Dairy Barn at about 10 p.m. after seeing Sex and the City. Suffolk cops told us it happens all the time and there is nothing they can do about it.
Dumb question

Germany

#11 Jun 28, 2008
northporter wrote:
My friend and I were robbed of iPod, cell phone, cash by some kids aged 10- to 20-year-olds just as we were leaving the Huntington movie theatre by the Dairy Barn at about 10 p.m. after seeing Sex and the City. Suffolk cops told us it happens all the time and there is nothing they can do about it.
No that it makes what the kids did right, but why would you need an ipod in the movies?
Love Huntington

Patchogue, NY

#12 Jun 28, 2008
I agree with almost all of you

It is really unfortunate that our town is subject to gangs of teens that are not from the area. They come without supervision and without regard for community respect. After all they can do what they want because their parents are not around. My children are known in the area and if they were not to behave I would be told by someone. These gangs are very scarey to me and I never let my children hang out in Huntington because of this.

It would be great if Huntington invested in some type of security especially around high traffic areas such as the movie theater. The restaurant across the street personally hires someone in their lot to call police when someone parks there without using the facility. Why can't there be walking security guards for the safety of all.
Love Huntington

Patchogue, NY

#13 Jun 28, 2008
Dumb question-

Your right . Your question misses the mark of relevence.
lol

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jun 28, 2008
the laws says you can have a gun at HOME, not out the street on friday night.

Anti gun sentiment knows no bounds, like every other unreasonable irrational fears.

PS - I know seven people in Huntington Village that have carry licenses. They are FBI screened, police screened and trained. I don't see Huntington turning into the OK Coral....

Anti-gun people would shoot their own children to prove the "danger". You people oughta spend more time watching your kids than worrying about guns...
H-Ton Res

Newark, NJ

#16 Jun 28, 2008
Issue Passes wrote:
Our beautiful town attracts too many undesirables. This is just one sad example.
You are right! On one hand, you have the low lifes from the "undesirable" areas and on the other, you have the low lifes from the "desirable" areas. Their is plenty of rich and poor trash in H-ton.
Mooncrickets

Shoreham, NY

#18 Jun 28, 2008
northporter wrote:
The kwaps are useless. They are nothing but secretaries who arrive after you're dead to write down the notes on your demise. If we lived in a w hite country, we wouldn't have so many problems. But we suffer under a degenerate tyranny that emanates from the sewer in DC. What to do? Rebel. Vermont Republic dot Org.
Mini MEEEE

United States

#20 Jun 28, 2008
Veracity wrote:
Give the driver a medal.
I second that motion.
Love Huntington

Patchogue, NY

#21 Jun 28, 2008
H-Ton Res wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right! On one hand, you have the low lifes from the "undesirable" areas and on the other, you have the low lifes from the "desirable" areas. Their is plenty of rich and poor trash in H-ton.
But the kids were wrong- regardless of where they came from. The kids came into the town where they do not live-none of their parents in sight. They initiated the confrontation. The kids in the SUV were picking up food. They got scared. This is not an issue of money. That is your issue. We are not talking about the have and the have nots- that would be unfairly judgmental.
cracker

Piscataway, NJ

#22 Jun 28, 2008
Dumb question wrote:
<quoted text>
No that it makes what the kids did right, but why would you need an ipod in the movies?
REALLY dumb question!
Paying Attention

Newark, NJ

#23 Jun 28, 2008
A gang of punks a~~'s without parents that give a hoot...a 12 year old and a 20 year old hanging out? Yea okay, he was showing him how to "take care of business" I bet. It's a sad world for kids to grow up in when the parents aren't involved and the kids turn to others for a sense of belonging....
Paying Attention

Newark, NJ

#24 Jun 28, 2008
This headline should have actually read "8 punks try to rob 3 people in an SUV. SUV fled in time"
MCR

United States

#25 Jun 28, 2008
I feel inspired!

I think it is time for me to run over any kids in the streets past 11pm

Of course, I won't just drive forward and flee - I'll Grand Theft Auto those b-tards! My vehicle has a reverse has well - back and forth - bump and smash!

Lets see - I'll run over whites, blacks, browns, yellows - all the wonderful color of the rainbow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenlawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dumping case trial date set for ex-Islip officials Wed whats wrong 1
News Bay Shore Marina parking meters begin operation... Wed Why 4
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Jun 28 Bruser 2,638
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Jun 24 joespizza 1,416
Brentwood,Long Island, New York (Apr '06) Jun 23 Hoffman68 1,162
News E. Islip named in list of top suburbs (May '07) Jun 23 look into it 261
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Jun 21 Eric 22

Greenlawn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenlawn Mortgages