Greenfield people
Amy

Milan, TN

#21 Aug 4, 2008
MY point exactly!
Patty

Milan, TN

#22 Aug 6, 2008
River Rat wrote:
I agree with LMAO at WTN, I have never seen so many immoral and indescent people in these Counties. Especially in Gleason, and to do these things if front of your children, swapping wives, husbands and sleeping with men and women. It's like Sodom and Gamorrah, I've never seen so many lesbians in any town.
ALL this and so many churches. HYPOCRITES.
anon

Milan, TN

#23 Aug 8, 2008
LMAO at WTN wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a quick question....have you ever BEEN to a church in rural West TN? It is a festering bed of gossip and many other "fun" things. Personally, at my old church in West TN, we had meth addicts, aldulterers, meth addicts who WERE aldulterers, liars, gamblers, alcoholics....all thinigs frowned upon by Methodists. Hypocrites. Add that to the list of gross West TN behavior. Definitely.
That would be a HELL NO. I wouldn't go to a church here for anything. These people are religious fanatics and churches are everywhere. You do NOT need a church to be with god if you beleive in god. I think it comes from within. The light is inside all of us. Our task is to find that light. Churches are too one sided. Fake. False. All they want is your money. May as well go gamble it. Churches will take all you have if you let them. Is this really Christians?
i like greenfield

Winnipeg, Canada

#24 Aug 20, 2008
ive been there
not being from there,to me the south seeps nostalgia,history...forging of a nation and all.
its very scenic really small town south
...i dont know anyone that lives there anymore.the problems you have about the people there, is the problem with people today,regardless where you go er where yer from.
muleand2

Memphis, TN

#25 Sep 6, 2008
Hi,
U really do not know what u are talking about Greenfield still a nice place to live.I was born and raised there and can not wait to move back there when I retire.....N
out0town wrote:
I have lived here all my life and it just gets me how some people forget who they are and where they come from. It makes no difference what you have or who you fell out of. Greenfield has always had there wife swap club and trash!!! You know who you are, but yet you all seem to act better than the rest. Sorry if we all don't fit it in, get over it, some of us do have self respect!!!
truth

Milan, TN

#26 Sep 12, 2008
So many of you speak as if Greenfield or West TN were the only places that have these problems. The problems noted are everywhere! Perhaps some of you choose to live in a larger community so your neighbors don't know what or who you're doing. Get real people! The US has become the equivalent of Sodom and Gamorrah! It's not just rural west TN. And yes, I love this country!

Not everyone in Greenfield, West TN, or rural areas are dumb backward hicks, with unclean children, trash in their yards, etc. Perhaps some of you who live in larger communities should venture into the less desirable areas of those communities. You'll find the same thing or worse. Some of us in Greenfield actually have college degrees, professional jobs, and can string together coherent sentences, with running water in our homes and regularly scheduled trash pickup!

I will not deny that Greenfield is full of clicks! I've been here most of my life and I'm not one of them. Yet, this is by and large a pretty nice place to live. If some of you who were here hadn't given up so quickly, then there would be fewer places for the lower class element (that has become more prevalent) to come in and occupy and drag down the reputation of this town. Yet, even give those two undesirable elements, I would rather raise my children in a small community over a larger one (for instance, Jackson, Memphis, Nashville) any day.

I will also not deny that the criminal justice system (which is at the county level) is not rapt with corruption. The GS judge needs and will eventually get his comeupance (sp?)! However, most of the officers here are good, decent people and concerned about this town and its residents. I say most because I do not know all of them personally.

And I would be willing to wager that most all churches, small town or large, have exactly the same elements you mention as well. I don't find the church folk here to be religious zealots. Attendance is falling in many and that, in my opinion, contributes to the overall downfall of this country as a whole. Many of the problems we now experience in this country weren't as prevalent when more people attended church and generally accepted the principles taught by the bible. Now, it seems to be somewhat stylish to speak out against organized religion. While I don't agree with all aspects, I do believe you should attend church regularly. But it has many positive aspects as well.

Greenfield definitely has it's shortcomings. There are areas in which I would like to see improvement, but all in all, Greenfield is a pretty good place to call home .. that is if you're not looking for negativity in everything!
Cryptic Goat

AOL

#27 Sep 12, 2008
What night is the wifeswap/gambling parties in greenfield? I dont want to miss them
LMAO at West TN

Smyrna, TN

#28 Sep 22, 2008
truth wrote:
So many of you speak as if Greenfield or West TN were the only places that have these problems. The problems noted are everywhere! Perhaps some of you choose to live in a larger community so your neighbors don't know what or who you're doing. Get real people! The US has become the equivalent of Sodom and Gamorrah! It's not just rural west TN. And yes, I love this country!
Not everyone in Greenfield, West TN, or rural areas are dumb backward hicks, with unclean children, trash in their yards, etc. Perhaps some of you who live in larger communities should venture into the less desirable areas of those communities. You'll find the same thing or worse. Some of us in Greenfield actually have college degrees, professional jobs, and can string together coherent sentences, with running water in our homes and regularly scheduled trash pickup!
I will not deny that Greenfield is full of clicks! I've been here most of my life and I'm not one of them. Yet, this is by and large a pretty nice place to live. If some of you who were here hadn't given up so quickly, then there would be fewer places for the lower class element (that has become more prevalent) to come in and occupy and drag down the reputation of this town. Yet, even give those two undesirable elements, I would rather raise my children in a small community over a larger one (for instance, Jackson, Memphis, Nashville) any day.
I will also not deny that the criminal justice system (which is at the county level) is not rapt with corruption. The GS judge needs and will eventually get his comeupance (sp?)! However, most of the officers here are good, decent people and concerned about this town and its residents. I say most because I do not know all of them personally.
And I would be willing to wager that most all churches, small town or large, have exactly the same elements you mention as well. I don't find the church folk here to be religious zealots. Attendance is falling in many and that, in my opinion, contributes to the overall downfall of this country as a whole. Many of the problems we now experience in this country weren't as prevalent when more people attended church and generally accepted the principles taught by the bible. Now, it seems to be somewhat stylish to speak out against organized religion. While I don't agree with all aspects, I do believe you should attend church regularly. But it has many positive aspects as well.
Greenfield definitely has it's shortcomings. There are areas in which I would like to see improvement, but all in all, Greenfield is a pretty good place to call home .. that is if you're not looking for negativity in everything!
Heh. I lived in Middle TN for 14 years...then moved to West TN to "complete" what was left of my education. HA! JOKE! If you would prefer to raise your children in West TN, I truly feel sorry for them. There are teachers in the Gibson County School System without DEGREES. These are the folks teaching West TN children. Or others, who don't even know how to USE A COMPUTER.
No, my friend, West TN is NOT the place to raise a child. And, furthermore, I prefer not to venture to the less fortunate areas of my home. See, I chose my home because it's not ALL unfortunate, as is West TN. And, by the way, Jackson AND Memphis are BOTH in West TN and, therefore, are included when I say "West TN."
And, furthermore, when it comes to West TN, you don't have to look for negativity...it is in the region alone.
sissy

Martin, TN

#29 Sep 23, 2008
River Rat wrote:
I agree with LMAO at WTN, I have never seen so many immoral and indescent people in these Counties. Especially in Gleason, and to do these things if front of your children, swapping wives, husbands and sleeping with men and women. It's like Sodom and Gamorrah, I've never seen so many lesbians in any town.
Yea and this is supposed to be the bible belt. ha
LMAO

Nashville, TN

#30 Sep 25, 2008
It is amusing to me how one comment, or two start a ball rolling. I like it here and I chose to move here. I will admit, that in the bigger cities you have more oppurtunities for you children educationally, but believe me they still get an education here. I can't speak for every school system, but I know for a fact that the one that I send my children too, all the teachers have a degree and are highly qualified in their subject area.(it is a state law)
There are the people who act like they are better than everyone and put on an act like they are a big Christian, but when you see them out at a party...that blows their cover a bit. You hear about more corruption in smaller towns because no has anything else to do than to poke their noses in someone elses business.
Sure there are a lot of things that I don't care for about this area, but I am sure that there are a lot of things that I don't care for in other areas as well.
I think that what people do behind closed doors is their business. I try my best to not judge anyone, and I would like the same in return. I only have to answer to God, and that is it.
rocker

Laconia, TN

#31 Sep 25, 2008
JUST ONE QUESTION!!!! Do any of you people believe in God or Jesus Christ? Churches are always gonna have people that don't live the perfect christian life, or deal drugs, or have affairs, but where else are they supposed to go to hear the Word of God. I can guarantee that you WILL NOT enter ANY church in this nation that is PERFECT and if you can find one then I want to see it. Also, I am not a native of Greenfield as I have mentioned before and I do think this town is a very "cliquey" and I have no desire to be considered a Greenfieldian but in every small town across this nation there are cliques. It's just that this town is smaller than most, my hometown was small (not this small) and the same crap went on you just didn't hear about it as quick because it had to go through more people. My point being every small town has it's faults and every small town has it's cliques and immoral people but every small town also has it's good, upright, normal people to that go to church for the right reasons and try to live a normal life in a small town.
LMAO at West TN

Smyrna, TN

#32 Sep 26, 2008
anon wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. People are dirty, their homes are shacks, their kids look like they haven't bathed in wks. Yards full of garbage. This is a staple in the South. They are stupid, slow, ignorant and just plain retarded. The laws are made by locals as they go along. Judge and jury on the spot. If they get to court, there are so many crooked people that they get off with nothing. My house is up for sale. I am getting out too. This is not the real world.
I agree with a lot of what you said, except one thing...
People are dirty, their homes are shacks, their kids look like they haven't bathed in wks. Yards full of garbage. This is a staple in the South.

This is actually a staple in rural West TN. I love the South, and would never leave it. The city in which I reside does not have this problem - it's called REGULATION and CONTROL. Rural West TN on the other hand...yeah, anyways. Perhaps if their city officials would get on the ball and do their jobs, it would no longer be a staple.

Send a letter to the folks not mowing their yards, create ordinances for homes within city limits which doesn't allow cars on blocks. LOL I know, I know...never gonna happen. And that's why I stick to my guns...Rural West TN is a waste.
truth

Milan, TN

#33 Oct 24, 2008
LMAO at West TN wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. I lived in Middle TN for 14 years...then moved to West TN to "complete" what was left of my education. HA! JOKE! If you would prefer to raise your children in West TN, I truly feel sorry for them. There are teachers in the Gibson County School System without DEGREES. These are the folks teaching West TN children. Or others, who don't even know how to USE A COMPUTER.
No, my friend, West TN is NOT the place to raise a child. And, furthermore, I prefer not to venture to the less fortunate areas of my home. See, I chose my home because it's not ALL unfortunate, as is West TN. And, by the way, Jackson AND Memphis are BOTH in West TN and, therefore, are included when I say "West TN."
And, furthermore, when it comes to West TN, you don't have to look for negativity...it is in the region alone.
Lemme me guess, you're an Obama supporter!

If you believe what you say is only true of West TN, then you are truly a fool! Let's see, if you came to West TN to finish your education, there must have been something there to offer. And I'm certain if you turned your attention to the schools in Middle TN, East TN, or any other region of the country, you'll find people who can't use a computer. As a matter of fact, I can guarantee there are people who can't use a computer in your beloved middle TN. You see, I encounter them all the time in my line of work. And since when did being able to use a computer determine if a person or a region was good or not? How about NEVER!

And don't get me started on teachers. Tenure?! A huge joke and injustice on the children of this state and country. Most of them have never done anything but gone to school! Therefore they have no idea of what the 'real world' is about. I don't know about the schools in Gibson County, but if one of those teachers without a degree brings with them experience from the real world, then I would rather my children learn from them as opposed to someone who's only knowledge comes from a book.

Congratulations on your choice. But let me assure you, things are no different where you live than where anyone else lives. Each region of the state has it's good points and bad points! You see what you choose to see.
Pat

Martin, TN

#34 Oct 26, 2008
Cryptic Goat wrote:
What night is the wifeswap/gambling parties in greenfield? I dont want to miss them
Probably after church!
Paulene none ya

Georgetown, KY

#35 Oct 27, 2008
does anybody know eddie maiden???
anon

Martin, TN

#36 Nov 3, 2008
out0town wrote:
Looks like this website is as worth as much as soom IN Greenfield.....What a joke
It is wherever you pick up a tower. duh
anon

Martin, TN

#37 Nov 3, 2008
LMAO at West TN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with a lot of what you said, except one thing...
People are dirty, their homes are shacks, their kids look like they haven't bathed in wks. Yards full of garbage. This is a staple in the South.
This is actually a staple in rural West TN. I love the South, and would never leave it. The city in which I reside does not have this problem - it's called REGULATION and CONTROL. Rural West TN on the other hand...yeah, anyways. Perhaps if their city officials would get on the ball and do their jobs, it would no longer be a staple.
Send a letter to the folks not mowing their yards, create ordinances for homes within city limits which doesn't allow cars on blocks. LOL I know, I know...never gonna happen. And that's why I stick to my guns...Rural West TN is a waste.
Thank you. At least someone agrees that W Tn is crappy. In all ways.
anon

Martin, TN

#38 Nov 3, 2008
LMAO at West TN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with a lot of what you said, except one thing...
People are dirty, their homes are shacks, their kids look like they haven't bathed in wks. Yards full of garbage. This is a staple in the South.
This is actually a staple in rural West TN. I love the South, and would never leave it. The city in which I reside does not have this problem - it's called REGULATION and CONTROL. Rural West TN on the other hand...yeah, anyways. Perhaps if their city officials would get on the ball and do their jobs, it would no longer be a staple.
Send a letter to the folks not mowing their yards, create ordinances for homes within city limits which doesn't allow cars on blocks. LOL I know, I know...never gonna happen. And that's why I stick to my guns...Rural West TN is a waste.
You are so right!!!
LMAO at West TN

Smyrna, TN

#39 Dec 1, 2008
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme me guess, you're an Obama supporter!
If you believe what you say is only true of West TN, then you are truly a fool! Let's see, if you came to West TN to finish your education, there must have been something there to offer. And I'm certain if you turned your attention to the schools in Middle TN, East TN, or any other region of the country, you'll find people who can't use a computer. As a matter of fact, I can guarantee there are people who can't use a computer in your beloved middle TN. You see, I encounter them all the time in my line of work. And since when did being able to use a computer determine if a person or a region was good or not? How about NEVER!
And don't get me started on teachers. Tenure?! A huge joke and injustice on the children of this state and country. Most of them have never done anything but gone to school! Therefore they have no idea of what the 'real world' is about. I don't know about the schools in Gibson County, but if one of those teachers without a degree brings with them experience from the real world, then I would rather my children learn from them as opposed to someone who's only knowledge comes from a book.
Congratulations on your choice. But let me assure you, things are no different where you live than where anyone else lives. Each region of the state has it's good points and bad points! You see what you choose to see.
A. I voted for John McCain.
B. I moved there with my parents, there was nothing for West TN to offer me. And, actually, my father said this past weekend that moving there was the biggest mistake he has ever made.
C. Things are a great deal different here than they are there...for instance...any jobs there? Nope. Any here? Yep. Actually...they're building new industry as I type.
D. I don't think I ever said if you can't use a computer, then your region is no good. However, if you are a teacher in 2008, then you must be computer literate. If you don't like it, head back to the stone age...I'm sure there are some abacusses and stone tablets still left for ya...

LOL - West TN really is a shame...
anon

Martin, TN

#40 Feb 20, 2009
LMAO at WTN wrote:
West TN as a whole - Gibson County, Weakley County, Madison County (and the many other insignificant ones in between, i.e. Crockett) are full of people who don't matter, never have mattered, and never will matter. I moved there (Gibson County) for a VERY short (thank god) portion of my life and I quickly got the heck outta dodge. It's full of useless, trashy, immoral, indescent, repugnant rats who refer to themselves as people.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Running for alderman (Jul '14) 3 hr need to know 291
Terry Pigue 5 hr His wife 8
Wreck on 185 8 hr Guest00001 2
Guy that sells old police cars 14 hr Guest 2
Bridgett Holmes (Feb '14) May 25 Ready 11
tut (May '10) May 23 ohthatguy 13
Nancy Edge Clifton May 23 Craziest Bitch Ever 1
More from around the web

Greenfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]