Good meat, service and smiles

Good meat, service and smiles

There are 12 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 1, 2007, titled Good meat, service and smiles. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

When Dave Cavaletto opened Dave's Meat Market in 1978, he had a simple business plan -- sell fresh, quality cuts of meat to folks in the Greenfield area for affordable prices.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

KLR

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Nov 1, 2007
I buys sandwiches, meat and soups from Dave's Market all of the time. I love it. Everyone at work goes there. It is very inexpensive and the food is great!
Janis Teeguarden

United States

#2 Nov 2, 2007
My brother, David and his wife Rebecca still live in Greenfield. Yes, I come home several times a year and always make it a point to go to Dave's Meat Market. If I fly home, I simply pack my meat in a cooler and check it in as luggage. Often I am asked "what's in the cooler"? I simply reply, "BEEF, it's what's for dinner." And it goes really well with the fresh lobster I catch down here.
Respectfully,
Janis Teeguarden
Janis Teeguarden

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2007
My brother, David and his wife Rebecca still live in Greenfield. Yes, I come home several times a year and always make it a point to go to Dave's Meat Market. If I fly home, I simply pack my meat in a cooler and check it in as luggage. Often I am asked "what's in the cooler"? I simply reply, "BEEF, it's what's for dinner." And it goes really well with the fresh lobster I catch down here.
Respectfully,
Janis Teeguarden
DeLand, Florida
Easterner

Shirley, IN

#4 Nov 5, 2007
They have the best meat around. The bacon burgers and fillet mignons are to die for.
Bubba

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2007
I agree the meat is great, but I wish they'd clean the place up a little bit. It looks dirty and smells funny.
Sue

United States

#6 Nov 13, 2007
It's great!
Josh

Georgia, GA

#8 Nov 16, 2007
I too have gone to Dave's Meat Market. I stopped going sometime ago after buying some meat from the Engleking's. I was at the farmers market in Indianapolis and come upon their booth and I have never stopped going since. Their meat is fresh and organic. You can't beat the taste of the Engleking's meat. I urge everyone to try at least one steak, or one berger. I promise, if you're a meat eater, you will fall in love.
Beth

Georgia, GA

#9 Nov 16, 2007
I agree, the Engleking's meat is wonderful, I have also purchased their eggs. They have the best products I have ever tasted.
Here is a website with their info.
www.localharvest.org/farms/M19332
lilliebelle

Irving, TX

#10 Nov 16, 2007
I must agree, their beef is simply superb, nothing else can hold a candle to it. And Robert and Darlene have got to be two of the nicest people that you would ever want to meet. I mean if I were to pass on early, I would want them to raise my 4 children without a doubt. They are two of the most giving, generous, honest people you will ever meet in your life. Hats off to Robert and Darlene!
lilliebelle

Dallas, TX

#11 Nov 16, 2007
I LOVE MEAT!
Kira

Katy, TX

#12 Feb 7, 2008
Dave always had the best food when I went in. I can't now since I am in Texas. His kids sure could cook too!
Justin Igger

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Sep 19, 2010
lilliebelle wrote:
I absolutely love their beef heart sandwiches, they are the most divine meal for miles around. I also love the potato chips that they sell there, can't recall the brand but they are irrisistible, I mean if you eat one, you end up eating about 12-14 bags. I always love to pick up a family sized bag of Hostess Mini Powdered Sugar Donuts for dessert. Now THAT folks is called a perfect day!
Shut the hell up you effeminate, bizarre trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can people have posts deleted from this sight? 10 hr Boss 5
a nightmare that leaves you pale without your h... 10 hr Boss 3
Things to do around Knightstown? 10 hr newartsygirl 4
Does anyone know Stacey Sweet speedway gas stat... Wed YouCantBeSerious 2
Blue River Trails Wed Mel Have 1
Dog droppings all up and down Brown St. May 1 Soyouknow 43
Drug dealer in raysville Apr 30 isiz 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenfield Mortgages