Teen killed in Hancock County crash

Teen killed in Hancock County crash

There are 39 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 28, 2006, titled Teen killed in Hancock County crash. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A 17-year-old Greenfield teenager was killed when his car slammed into a tree in rural Hancock County, authorities said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unknown

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 28, 2006
sad... truly sad....
Dean

Altoona, IA

#2 Oct 28, 2006
Culver was an AWESOME guy and he will be missed by ALL of GCHS. he made good grades, he was the kicker for our varsity football team, and he started on our varsity soccer team. i am just happy that i had the opportunity to know him for 1 year...
Crying Shame

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 28, 2006
Hmmm, sad situation, but why was a 17 year old out that late, I guess its the weekend and all, but I really thank my parents for making us be in the house by 2200 on any day. But sorry about your lost.....
brittany parrish

Burlington, KY

#4 Oct 28, 2006
ben culver...what can i say besides amazing...?? he was a great kid you loved everybody...we lost to g-c cougars in the last 3 days....like the old saying...the good die young....boy do i wish that wasn't true...i love u benji.... ;-)
steph

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Oct 28, 2006
Crying Shame wrote:
Hmmm, sad situation, but why was a 17 year old out that late, I guess its the weekend and all, but I really thank my parents for making us be in the house by 2200 on any day. But sorry about your lost.....
Accidents can happen at any time of day or night. Shame on you for insinuating that this wouldnt have happened had the parents made their child be home at an earlier hour. My heart and prayers go out to his family
Dean

United States

#6 Oct 28, 2006
Crying Shame wrote:
He was probably comming home from a friends house after the calling of another kid that everyone at our skewl liked. our soccer team went to someone's house afterward to talk about todd, my bet is that he was driving home after the gathering.
Mike Guill

Shirley, IN

#7 Oct 28, 2006
Our prayers are with the family.
Mike Guill

Shirley, IN

#8 Oct 28, 2006
May God comfort the family in this sad time.
A Parent at GC

Florence, KY

#9 Oct 28, 2006
Yesterday hundreds gathered for the visitation of Todd Lewis. Ben was among them. Today we had Todd's service in the auditorium while others gather in the gym to grieve for Ben.

Rather than snipe perhaps you should thank God you're not in our shoes.
Austin

AOL

#10 Oct 28, 2006
This is really sad, ben was a good guy and we will all miss him.
Austin

AOL

#11 Oct 28, 2006
Ben was a really good guy, and we will all miss him very much.
Parents in Carmel

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Oct 28, 2006
Our hearts just go out to the parents and family of Ben. We are so sorry to hear such news.
Mother

United States

#13 Oct 28, 2006
As the mother of 3 sons and a daughter my heart grieves for the families and friends of these 2 young men.
Dear God, don't let me bury my children.
Accidents happen at any time of the day or night. The issue is teenage drivers have less experience with bad road conditions and weather. Our school has had multiple student accidents in the last several weeks. We are blessed that none have died, although there have been serious, life-changing injuries. This could have happened day or night.
Warren

Plainfield, IN

#14 Oct 28, 2006
Miss ya.. Love ya! I can't believe it man..
sad

Union, KY

#15 Oct 28, 2006
Ben was a good guy. he was smart and athletic. He had a lot goin for him. My prayers go with judge culver and the rest of his family. He will be greatly missed.
Parents in New Pal

United States

#16 Oct 28, 2006
We would like to extend our condolances to the parents, family, and friends of Ben.
Fortville ref

AOL

#17 Oct 28, 2006
Ben was a GREAT kid - fantastic soccer player and a really good young referee. He made a positive impact on anyone he came in contact with. He will be greatly missed. Our prayers for the family!
parent

AOL

#18 Oct 28, 2006
May You Find Comfort In A Beautiful Rainbow Of Memories..........
Laura

Kenosha, WI

#19 Oct 28, 2006
I am so sorry to hear about the lost. That was sad to see a son die. But being 17 he should not have been out so late. But you will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.
Sad Mom

Florence, KY

#20 Oct 28, 2006
My son played soccer with Ben and he told me what a great guy he was. It is so devastating to hear about something like this. I have two boys at GCHS and I can only imagine what these parents are going through. Our hearts go out to you. He will be missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
your scruples manipulate kings and monarchs May 26 YesItIs 6
karri hammonds/aurs May 22 for sure 15
Burying mercury and asbestos at the Jefferson S... May 21 Yeah 8
Carthage policers May 19 Jbm 2
mick chew what yea know? May 19 Megan 4
Solving this murder (Jan '13) May 15 Someone knows 33
News Former Carthage Town Marshal arrested (Jan '10) May 14 sch 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenfield Mortgages