Chris Gibson as a Congressional candi...

Chris Gibson as a Congressional candidate

Posted in the Greenfield Center Forum

roh

Woodside, NY

#1 May 3, 2010
As a registered Independent voter I had a healthy amount of reservation in me when I attended a meeting of Chris Gibson (for Congress) supporters this past weekend. After hearing Mr. Gibson speak, and then having a one-on-one discussion with him afterward, I am relieved to say he seems very smart, dedicated, genuinely concerned for this country's path forward, and knowlegeable about the US Constitution as well as contemporaneous issues. I believe I will support his candidacy.
roh again

Woodside, NY

#2 Sep 1, 2010
I recently received an e-mail from Representative Scott Murphy boasting of his support of legislation to reduce the onerous "1099 requirements" recently placed upon small businesses by the Federal Gov't.

Not mentioned in the e-mail, conspicuously absent, was the fact that the "1099 requirement" was initiated by the Health Care Reform Act...which Scott Morphy voted for ! How sneaky and disingenuous.

I am now convinced that Chris Gibson will better represent my congressional district. A military veteran with bullet-proof integrity.
FreeMan

Albany, NY

#3 Sep 19, 2010
I haven't had much time to research Chris Gibson because I have to work more than ever now that I make the least amount of money I have made since turning 18 just over a decade ago. However, I believe that the rich are hanging on to this recession and making it out to be more than they're really suffering now that they have us middle class by the short hairs, allowing them to require more work for less pay.

Sorry, that was a bit of a tangent. Here's what really pisses me off:

In "The Chronical" Scott Murphy is braggin about how he's bringing stimulous money to Glens Falls to help the Economy and create jobs. The case in point is where he pushed for a $500,000 GRANT for Peter Hoffman, I blieve his name was, to turn an old buiding into LUXURY apartments.

This representative just pushed to give a half a million dollars which came from people who can barely pay their bills to a guy who owns multiple buildings and is worth a conservative 8 figures.

On top of that, they are Luxury apartments, which will require minimal, if any additional staff for this millionaires enterprise (despite Scott Murphy bragging about the jobs it will create), and the majority of us can't afford them anyway.

I'm not another mid to low income person saying that the money should be given to me or people like me rather than the rich, I'm saying it shouldn't be given to anyone. The government has no right to take our hard earned money and give it away as they please. The fact that they are giving it to the wealthy is just insult to injury.

It kind of reminds me of a big country taxing it's poor colonies and keeping the money in the rich homeland. "You go do the work, we'll keep reeping the benefits."

I think it's time for a Tea Party.
roh again

Woodside, NY

#4 Sep 20, 2010
I don't disagree with you. I am weary of Congress spending our money with no apparent regard to our concerns about our reduced paychecks as a result, the long-term tax burden and the overall financial strength of this country.

Democrat, Republican - I don't care. I'd vote for a Martian if they genuinely campaigned on a platform of financial responsibility.

I believe Chris Gibson is the only financial conservative in this race, NY20.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenfield Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York High School Basketball - Corinth troun... (Feb '06) Nov '18 Rachel 9
News What Would You Name a Utica Ice Cream? (Jun '14) Sep '18 Bart 40
June 9 hookup? (May '18) May '18 Anonymous 1
News Contractor sues Top Capital for $1.8 million (May '18) May '18 dumbtrump 1
News DA: Horse harborer sent to jail (Feb '13) Feb '13 lisa jackson 1
looking for tiffany (Aug '12) Aug '12 jesse 1
Election Who do you support for State Assembly in New Yo... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Sally 10

Greenfield Center Jobs

Personal Finance

Greenfield Center Mortgages