J.C. Penney Down the Tubes

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Colombo

Greeneville, TN

#1 Mar 8, 2013
J.C. Penney Co.(JCP) is cutting an additional 2,200 jobs to trim costs as Chief Executive Officer Ron Johnsonís revamp of the department-store chain causes sales to plunge.

The positions to be eliminated include back-office administrators in stores and district offices as well as store leadership positions, Joey Thomas, a spokesman, said in an e- mail yesterday. About 10 percent of J.C. Penneyís 1,100 stores cut their headcounts because of sales volume shifts, he said.

Johnson said last week that 19,000 J.C. Penney employees have lost their jobs in the past year as his turnaround struggles to gain traction. The retailerís revenue fell 25 percent to $13 billion in the year ended Feb. 2, the lowest since at least 1987. Customers have been alienated by marketing missteps, a failed attempt to transition away from sales and coupons and Johnsonís plan to turn most stores into collections of boutiques.
bye

Mooresboro, NC

#2 Mar 8, 2013
I hope the one in greeneville goes. A loser store in a loser town, and besides, if you really need something, go to johnson city or kingsport. They never have what you want in greeneville.
loser

Greeneville, TN

#3 Mar 11, 2013
hey bye how would you feel if you lost your job you a**hole! People have jobs there you loser! Greeneville needs to keep all the businesses they can! Hope they shut the place where you work down! Oh wait I bet you have no job and selling drugs don't count
monster you made

Kodak, TN

#4 Mar 11, 2013
The JC. Pennys in Greeneville doesn't have a d@mn thing for boys older than toddlers! And very few girl clothes older than toddlers. Forget about kids shoes too. That store needs to close or at least get rid of all the old lady clothes and put more kids/teen clothes!
wow

Greeneville, TN

#5 Mar 14, 2013
funny how all you people say places need to close! If this town keeps going the way it is we won't have nothing and your neighbors wont have jobs! maybe they should close down your jobs too since things aren't perfect either I would rather shop there than belk any day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Gay Friendly places (Apr '11) 30 min formerly sad 115
Glorifying Murder 34 min formerly sad 20
Hillary Clinton is running for POTUS 40 min TheUnkownPoster 30
Scary drivers in Greeneville! 46 min TheUnkownPoster 2
Bible to become Tennessee state book? 49 min TheUnkownPoster 38
Greene valley 1 hr in the know 15
Masons in county offices 1 hr FancyPantsy 18
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE