Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Trans People in Greene...

Since: Apr 10

Franklin, TN

#21 Apr 22, 2010
leadership wrote:
since you mentioned God, trust me, he didn't intend for you to be gay. There's plenty of scripture that defends that position. Now, don't get me wrong. God loves us all, but he doesn't want you to be gay. I'm suprised your pastor hasn't broached that with you yet.
Since you seem to have a direct line to God, could you look at other places in Leviticus and tell us what it says about eating shell fish, being around a menstruating woman, cutting hair, eating pork, etc? And then, maybe you can explain why all of those are abominations, but we still do them.

Can you say hypocrisy?

Then can you go to the New Testament and tell us exactly when and where Jesus spoke out against homosexuality?

While you're doing that, I'll be down at Red Lobster protesting. You won't have any trouble recognizing me, I'll be holding a sign that says "GOD HATES PRAWNS!"

In the mean time just blow off!
funny

Johnson City, TN

#22 Apr 22, 2010
oh really well he made me this way. Do you eat Shrimp?
funny

Johnson City, TN

#23 Apr 22, 2010
research King James was he gay? and what about david and Johnathan King Saul son? do your research. Dont just say what you hear your preacher say. Stop being ignorant do your research
Straight Guy

Hendersonville, TN

#24 Apr 22, 2010
leadership wrote:
since you mentioned God, trust me, he didn't intend for you to be gay. There's plenty of scripture that defends that position. Now, don't get me wrong. God loves us all, but he doesn't want you to be gay. I'm suprised your pastor hasn't broached that with you yet.
God does not love homosexuals. Without a quick Bible reference, I recall homosexuality as the only sin God used the word 'abomination'. He killed hundreds of thousands of homosexuals at a time. Killed them! God is not a Santa Claus in the sky looking down on everyone with love. If Christ returned tomorrow.. homosexuals would be running away in their sinful path. In my opinion homosexuals are surely doomed to hell if they don't repent.
Kirk

Smyrna, TN

#25 Apr 22, 2010
I do not believe the homosexual lifestyle is appropriate. That is just my beliefs. However, I also believe in freedom as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. As long as you are tolerant of my right to be heterosexual then I am not going to be intolerant of you being homosexual. I believe that marriage is intended to be between a man and a woman. However, I also believe in homosexual's rights to choose if they want to be married. The government should not say they can't get married. That would be like the government saying I can't be a baptist I have to be a catholic. If you are ok with being homosexual then go for it. Let's stop all the hate. Some people have said that God does not approve of homosexuality. I agree with that but he also does not approve of hate. So let God deal with the other people and let us deal with ourselves and be kind to others.
Kirk

Smyrna, TN

#26 Apr 22, 2010
Also I heard homosexuals go to Hyperion. It is a bar/restaurant on 11E here in Greeneville.
Todd

Fort Campbell, TN

#27 Apr 22, 2010
Hey Kirk,
Why do you always use different names?
Straight Guy

Fort Campbell, TN

#28 Apr 22, 2010
The Hyperion is not a gay bar.
Low Down

Franklin, TN

#29 Apr 22, 2010
kinsey_six wrote:
Well, maybe we gay people need to try to put something together--to build some social connections, like picnics, movie nights, and potlucks. That sounds like it could be fun. Maybe we could have a Pride Parade down Depot Street! LOL!
Kinsey
Yeah that will fly as well as the kkk marching.
isn't there a gay resort out past the truck stop.
and there are pplenty of place in johnson city, bristol, knoxville. have at those places.
Gay Hater

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Apr 22, 2010
I think that all of the gay people in the world just need to die...... YOU ARE NOT WANTED, SO CRAWL IN A HOLE WITH YOUR BUTT-BUDDY AND DIE!!!

Since: Apr 10

Franklin, TN

#31 Apr 22, 2010
I believe you're wrong to say that God hates gays. In the entire New Testament Christ doesn't say anything about homosexuality--NOTHING! If it was THAT important I think He would have said something about it.

Christians believe that the laws written in the Old Testament (such as Leviticus) were for the benefit of the Jews--much of it conveyed by Moses to the Jews.

However, in the New Testament, in the book of John, chapter 1, verse 17 the Bible says, "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." Which essentially means that the covenant with the Jews is superseded by the grace and truth of Jesus.

Furthermore, in the book of Mark, Chapter 12, verses 28 thru 31 there is a story about some people who were trying to stump Jesus with regards to the many laws of Moses. They demanded to know which out of all the laws are the most important. And Jesus told them, "To love the Lord they God with all thy heart and all they soul and to love your neighbor as yourself." There is no commandment greater than these." (this is also reflected in the books of Matthew and Luke).

Finally, Jesus says says, among other things, in His sermon on the Mount,(Matthew Chapter 5, verses 10 11 and 12)
-10 Blessed are those who are PERSECUTED because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
-11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
-12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I get so much strength against people like you who condemn gays from this passage, because that is exactly what you're doing--You're persecuting gays in the name of Christ. And you have no business doing that--according to Jesus.

Now, Leviticus, in the Old Testament, is a place that talks about homosexuality being an abomination. And Leviticus was written for the purpose of Jewish Priests (or Rabbis)--to teach their congregations what it is that God wants them to do. It's a "How To" guide for the Jews. Other things in Leviticus that are described as "abominations" include:

- Seeing any of your family members naked (father, mother, sister, aunt, uncle, etc..) So, don't change the diaper of your baby sister or niece or nephew or brother... When your parents are old and must be bathed or cleaned, then you shouldn't do it, because seeing your parent naked is an abomination.

- Not offering a blood sacrifice to the Temple when a lamb is slaughtered for food. I don't think anybody does that anymore.

- Cutting your beard or hair

- When you plant a crop, you must leave some of the crop (at harvest) for the poor.

- You must welcome strangers into your land (open immigration)

- One thing that God does say will result in death is the offering of a child to the idol Molech--which had been done in the past.

- No Tattooing or branding your skin

- No Wearing clothing of mixed fibers (wool and cotton)

- No Mixing crops together

- No Being in the same bed, touching the clothing of, or having sex with a woman who is menstruating is an abomination (when your wife/girlfriend/daughter is having her period, you can't touch them, handle any of their clothing, or touch their bed--so that gets you out of doing laundry for a few days)

- You can't eat any animal that had any kind of a blemish or sore...

- You can't eat meat with milk products--no cheese burgers, no pizza with pepperoni, no Hamburger Helper

- You can't eat pork

- You can't eat shellfish (lobster, crab, prawns, shrimp, oysters, etc...)

- He that Killeth a man shall be put to death...(so no war, no capital punishment, etc...)

- No working of any kind on the Sabbath

- If you are a farmer, you may farm for 6 years, but on the 7th year, can't farm.

So if you're going to hate gays based on the O.T. then you should follow all the laws!
Dorothy

Smyrna, TN

#32 Apr 22, 2010
TELLEM KINSEY_SIX!!!
TOTALLY WRONG KINSEY

Jonesborough, TN

#33 Apr 22, 2010
You need to read ROMANS Chpt.1 verses 24-32
This proves you don't know what you are talking about. The DEVIL has you BLINDED. He is the one leading you, not GOD OR JESUS CHRIST.hE HAS ALL OF US THAT WAY UNTIL WE COME TO KNOW JESUS CHRIST AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR. YOU CANNOT BE SAVED UNLESS YOU ARE UNDER CONVICTION AND YOU COME TO HIM WITH A BROKEN HEART AND A CONTRITE SPIRIT. YOU ARE BEGOTTEN BY THE WORD AND YOU HAVE TO HEAR GOD'S WORD IN HIS HOUSE FROM A PREACHER WHO HAS BEEN CALLED BY GOD. YOU HAVE TO BE SICK OF THIS WORLD AND SIN. Also, no where in the old or new testament does GOD'S WORD or the teaching of JESUS CHRIST, OR HIS WORDS do eighter one, refer to, TWO WOMEN or TWO MEN being together or being married and I'TS O.K. THIS IS FROM THE KINGS JAMES VERSION 1611. Also, you can read EPHESIANS Chpt.5 verses 22-33.
kirk

Smyrna, TN

#34 Apr 22, 2010
im trying my best not to be recognized

Since: Apr 10

Franklin, TN

#35 Apr 22, 2010
TOTALLY WRONG KINSEY wrote:
You need to read ROMANS Chpt.1 verses 24-32
Did you read all of Romans? In Romans Paul is preaching the gospel and tells the story from the Old Testament about when people disobeyed God's laws--the ones from Leviticus--the ones that Moses taught the Jews from Israel. Homosexuality is only one of dozens of those laws from the Old Testament.

The point that Paul was making is that God judges man... Man does not judge one another. If you look in the next chapter of Romans, that's exactly what Paul talks about. We're to have faith in God--that HE will judge people's behaviors, not man. He then goes after the Jews for being so stuck on the laws that Moses gave to them in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy--the ones that include homosexuality (among others) as a sin.

Don't you see? You've plucked one verse out of the entire Bible--a verse not even attributed to Jesus--these are Paul's words. And with that one verse, completely taken out of context, you have condemned gay people. And that's just a shame!

Read the Bible--don't just quote it. Read it and seek to understand what God is saying to us--what Jesus is saying to us.

And in the meantime, lighten up on the CAPITAL LETTERS. You're going to give yourself a stroke.

Since: Mar 10

Hendersonville, TN

#36 Apr 22, 2010
I love the way that people use "GOD" to spew their hatred and prejudice. If you were really a true believer, you would be compassionate and understanding, not mean and demented. I am not homosexual, nor do I believe in GOD, so I just try to mind my business. We only have one life to live and as long as we're not hurting anyone, we should do what makes us happy.
I live out in the country and don't go to bars, but I know some gay people that everyone accepts and they just blend in and there are no problems. But JC or Knoxville would probably have more places where a lot of people could meet at one time.
Although most of the younger generation are more accepting of gay people, there are still plenty of ugly acting people out there.

Since: Apr 10

Franklin, TN

#37 Apr 22, 2010
You know, I came on here hoping that I might run into some other gay and lesbian people who live here in Greeneville. I'm not a "bar" kind of person. I appreciate all of the suggestions about Johnson City and Knoxville. I really hoped there was an inclusive church or some kind of informal group of people who hung out.
I'm happy to talk more about religion and homosexuality, but I just kind of hoped to find some people to hang out with.
Walt

Waterloo, Canada

#38 Apr 22, 2010
You are well read and your knowledge of the Bible is impressive. I agree with most everything you said and as a Christian, have no hate for gays and lesbians. As a Christian, I feel I should show love. I think much of life and faith should rely on sense of purpose. God created man and woman so we could continue to populate the earth. If men take to men and women take to women, the earth would eventually go dry. Does that make sense? Gays and lesbians are not born as such! All have a history of physical, mental of sexual abuse which brings them into that lifestyle. As Christians, we should pray for rather than be critical. Hopefully the common sense factor rings reason.
For Real

Franklin, TN

#39 Apr 23, 2010
My question is why make a big deal out of nothing?

Since: Apr 10

Franklin, TN

#40 Apr 23, 2010
Walt wrote:
God created man and woman so we could continue to populate the earth. If men take to men and women take to women, the earth would eventually go dry.
I agree that God created man and woman so that they could continue to populate the Earth. There's no doubt about that. However, not every single solitary person who is born on this planet is compelled or destined to have children.

You and I both know people who are unmarried (who are apparently not gay/lesbian), just like we know couples who are married who do not have children.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we are not COMMANDED to have children. As I said in an earlier post, Jesus said that the greatest commandments are to (paraphrased) "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and all thy soul and to love your neighbor as you love yourself" (From Matthew, Mark, and Luke).

No one is suggesting that a person should become gay or lesbian if they don't have feelings toward someone of the same sex. So, it's just not possible that every person will suddenly become gay and the population of the planet will cease.

The fact is that there are men and women who are born without the ability to procreate due to physical deformities. There are also men and women who suffer physical injury the leave them unable to conceive children. These people were "created" by God. They, like gays and lesbians (who ARE born gay) are not considered abominations because they cannot or do not procreate.

Furthermore, there are gay and lesbian people who have procreated--who are parents.

I guess the bottom line of this argument for me is that "procreation" is not a COMMANDMENT of God or Christ. We are ENCOURAGED to do this, but our salvation does not hinge on our either our ability or our choice to have children.

Obviously, Gay and Lesbian people have straight parents. And gay and lesbian people who have had children, have straight children who go on to have children of their own.

Being gay, to me, is like being left handed... A person's hand preference is destined from birth. Scientist believe that they have found the gene that is related to left handedness. However, if a left handed child is forced to use his right hand, they CAN use that hand. But their preference will always be to use their left hand. And keep in mind, many left handed people are parented by right handed parents. Their gene is recessive--meaning that it can be passed down through the generations without always being activated. We don't know what activates it. At this point we just know that every so often a left handed kid pops out. Other recessive genetic traits include red hair, mental retardation, blue eyes, dwarfism, etc...

Gay people are the same way. Scientists believe that a gay gene has been found. In some families this gene seems to be turned on often--meaning that there are a few family members who are gay. In my own family, in addition to myself, I have a lesbian second cousin and a gay great nephew. Being gay or lesbian IS NOT the result of child abuse. That is a myth and has been debunked by study after study.

You might find it interesting (I certainly did) that only a few generations ago in many middle eastern countries people who were left handed were thought to be an abomination, just like people in our society believe that gays are an abomination. These were VERY strong beliefs in the Muslim world. A child could be punished or even killed for showing a preference to use their left hand. At other times throughout history, red haired people were believed to be an abomination.

Gays and lesbians are human beings, made in God's image, just like every one else. I tried for many years to change myself--begged God to take away these feelings. I only found peace when I began pray for His will to be done. He made me this way. He made you the way your are.

Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LED lights 5 min BellaRosaLinda 4
Looking for my dad 13 min Retired 2
Steven dunbar 20 min Spelling 25
who got shot on fish pond rd tonight 25 min Retired 26
Chick-fil-A is tops 38 min wow 4
aunt beas restaurant (Sep '11) 53 min Idk 36
ISIS & Muslim countries 1 hr Kohlrabi 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages