try to bum a meal off somebody

Pedro

Brentwood, TN

#1 Nov 18, 2012
Thanksgiving?
reallypoor

Nashville, TN

#2 Nov 18, 2012
I work at Greene county skills an we have not had a raise in years an the sad truth is I don't have themoney to have a big thanksgiving meal with my family an Christmas ain't gonna be much either its really sad that you work at a job that makes you truly feel like you make adifferance inpeoples lives but never feel appreciated or rewarded for all you do by yourcompany but the rewards come from the people you make a differance to but still hard to explain to your family why things never seem to get any better
Grammar Hammer

United States

#3 Nov 18, 2012
reallypoor wrote:
I work at Greene county skills an we have not had a raise in years an the sad truth is I don't have themoney to have a big thanksgiving meal with my family an Christmas ain't gonna be much either its really sad that you work at a job that makes you truly feel like you make adifferance inpeoples lives but never feel appreciated or rewarded for all you do by yourcompany but the rewards come from the people you make a differance to but still hard to explain to your family why things never seem to get any better
I really wish you and your family the best, but you're probably working at Greene County Skills for a reason. In your post, you failed to use any punctuation in what I assume was a paragraph. Like everything in this world, value is based on the rarity (or lacking existence) of something. Gold has substantial worth because there is a finite supply. You can say the same for oil and land, therefore the value is great and as we see the supply die dwindle, the value rises.

The same is true with labor. A nuclear physicist is a rare being, therefore he/she has a hefty salary. A doctor is to a lesser extent similarly valuable, in that we have a lacking supply, therefore the rewards are great. As for someone with lacking communication skills, they are a dime a dozen and have far less value in the labor market.

I hope that didn't sound harsh, as I do hope that everyone will see that their potential has no bounds and it is never too late to expand horizons.
that was mean

United States

#4 Nov 20, 2012
So, let me get this straight...according to you, a person's income and well being depends on if they use a comma or period? I do see how having good grammer is important in the workplace and everything but on a forum? Really? I'm poor as I don't know what and i use punctuation marks in most everything i type and text. I'm sorry but I think you take how people type and if they use a period or not a tad bit to seriously.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#5 Nov 21, 2012
Compassion, humanity, and courtesy are also rare commodities that are sorely lacking on this forum. According to your logic, Grammar Hammer, this correlates exponentially to the workforce in general. However, “reallypoor” appears to have an abundant supply of these qualities, with which he/she serves others less fortunate, apparently to his/her own financial detriment. I don’t know what you do for a living or how much of a salary you “pull down”, but it is abundantly clear that your logical leap of “salary = character” doesn’t hold true. I guess when all you have is a “hammer”, everything looks like a nail. Happy Thanksgiving.
GvilleWorker

Irmo, SC

#6 Nov 21, 2012
Turkey stuffin mashed taters casseroles and other traditional stuff whatever my momma cooks is what we eat.

Since: Aug 12

Location known

#7 Nov 21, 2012
I will be eating a variety of homemade dishes. However, I will not be eating animals of any kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 10 min Jennifer Renee 5,528
Pooja (Mar '14) 17 min umm 4
Feeling lonely for the holidays 17 min csmaven 23
babies found dead 28 min Crazy 19
13 month old and two month old "unresponsive" a... 58 min Peace 17
DTR Cheating Spouses 59 min Veronica 22
Does any one know anything bout the poor baby t... 1 hr Britey spears 10
your first love 3 hr curious 133
What is your favorite poem? 6 hr Veronica 104
Aggravated Statutory Rape in Greene County 7 hr Reality 96
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
NBC Sports 8:21 AM
PFT Live: Bears talk with John Mullin, Week 16 picks
NBC Sports 9:08 AM
Derek Anderson tries to rebuild bridge he napalmed