Local Yard "Services " Peddling Door ...

Local Yard "Services " Peddling Door to Door

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

Greeneville, TN

#1 Apr 23, 2013
This is about the stupidest thing I've ever witnessed. If you have a business of ANY kind and you're any good? You get referrals. Everyone knows that. Peddling door to door is so lame because:
1:) If they wanted your service they'd have called you on a referral. No one gets anyone to do anything in this town without talking to someone who has used the business before.

2:) Who ARE you to walk up to a strangers house in this day and age and beat on the door. Do you have a death wish? I sure don't!

3:) Why make the assumption that someone needs yard service and just stop. Maybe they are on vacation. Maybe they are waiting for the weekend. Maybe they're waiting for the mower to come back from the shop. And maybe they just don't give a crap.

4:) You want to run a successful business? Don't ASSUME. It would piss me right the hell off if some jerk I didn't even know stopped at my house because my yard didn't look mowed and assume I'd want their service. That's offensive ya moron! Glad you didn't stop at MY house... But my aunts ready to go postal cuz ya stopped at hers.
I'd avoid houses you were dim enough to stop at and try that crap today.

Read, think, and try a different tactic. Unless ya fancy your nose in your ear or on your forehead? Going up to a strange house and beating on the door just may cause a re arrangement in several areas. What a dipdog!
Well

Asheboro, NC

#2 Apr 23, 2013
You bash people trying to work!!!! Your the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Really

Greeneville, TN

#3 Apr 23, 2013
Well wrote:
You bash people trying to work!!!! Your the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Wait til they pound your door down assuming your yard needs to be mowed by someone else ya loser who probably IS the peddler. How'd ya like it if we all came over selling belly button lint removers and banged your door down. Post your address we'll all be right over in two hour shifts. Put up or shut up jackhole
afforadable lawn

Charlotte, NC

#5 Apr 23, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait til they pound your door down assuming your yard needs to be mowed by someone else ya loser who probably IS the peddler. How'd ya like it if we all came over selling belly button lint removers and banged your door down. Post your address we'll all be right over in two hour shifts. Put up or shut up jackhole
Hey dick cheese I moved to Conway sc and started my business at first u have to knock to get references dip shit ..... I made 24000 in four months enuf to pay my house off so when u get done bashing the working man go get a job.... I give dude credit at least he's trying what are u doing Seting on ur mamas couch.
LOL

Mohawk, TN

#6 Apr 23, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
How about not answering the door? Dumbass!
Well

Asheboro, NC

#7 Apr 23, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
theres nothing wrong with somebody trying to find work. Would you rather him go home and just live off welfare and food stamps. I can't believe theses people. In today's society nothing is ever good enough. There is always someone there to put you down. It's easier to put someone down then to lift someone up these days. Seems like the kindness is gone. Look at yourself bashing a man trying to work!! I can't believe you would stoop so low. I will pray for you.
interested

Johnson City, TN

#8 Apr 23, 2013
Really wrote:
This is about the stupidest thing I've ever witnessed. If you have a business of ANY kind and you're any good? You get referrals. Everyone knows that. Peddling door to door is so lame because:
1:) If they wanted your service they'd have called you on a referral. No one gets anyone to do anything in this town without talking to someone who has used the business before.
2:) Who ARE you to walk up to a strangers house in this day and age and beat on the door. Do you have a death wish? I sure don't!
3:) Why make the assumption that someone needs yard service and just stop. Maybe they are on vacation. Maybe they are waiting for the weekend. Maybe they're waiting for the mower to come back from the shop. And maybe they just don't give a crap.
4:) You want to run a successful business? Don't ASSUME. It would piss me right the hell off if some jerk I didn't even know stopped at my house because my yard didn't look mowed and assume I'd want their service. That's offensive ya moron! Glad you didn't stop at MY house... But my aunts ready to go postal cuz ya stopped at hers.
I'd avoid houses you were dim enough to stop at and try that crap today.
Read, think, and try a different tactic. Unless ya fancy your nose in your ear or on your forehead? Going up to a strange house and beating on the door just may cause a re arrangement in several areas. What a dipdog!
RE:#3. And maybe the real intent is casing the houses for absentee owners. Return later for theft/burglary.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#10 Apr 23, 2013
I'm a woman living alone and, while I'm no shrinking violet, in this day and age, I would be leery of a strange man knocking on my door out of the blue. Leave a flyer or business card in the mailbox, advertise in the paper and offer a special to draw people in, ask current customers for referrals. I'm all for somebody earning their keep, but I have to protect what I've worked hard for.
TellinItTrue

Greeneville, TN

#11 Apr 23, 2013
afforadable lawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dick cheese I moved to Conway sc and started my business at first u have to knock to get references dip shit ..... I made 24000 in four months enuf to pay my house off so when u get done bashing the working man go get a job.... I give dude credit at least he's trying what are u doing Seting on ur mamas couch.
Maybe YOU need to stay on those boards because you have no idea how this town works. People here have ALWAYS went with someone they KNOW for any service at their home. Deciding not to understand what someone's issue is? And it was strangers TRESSPASSING on private property it looks like. That and being right in not liking some stranger deciding they need to mow their lawn. Deciding the poster is unemployed because it hit a nerve? Maybe they work a weird shift and were asleep? And people do case houses here so be lucky you don't live in drug central. Maybe the guy/girl wanting to mow looked cracked out? How do you know? Lots of people do not feel safe anymore. Read the local papers. There are like 3 of you on here who attacked someone that, based on what I've seen in this town and in the news, is RIGHT that people should not solicit on private property. It's easy to judge when you aren't the one it's happening to isn't it? You and poopy need to form an Amen section. Then go to your special Ed teacher to let her explain what the post was trying to say.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#12 Apr 23, 2013
A few people have knocked on my door at various times throughout the spring and summer months over the years, to inquire if I needed yard work done. I didn't take offense. It was obvious that I'd needed the help.
It seems everyone is scared of everyone these days. I refuse to live that way. I am cautious but not overly petrified for my life with every stranger I come in contact with.
Reminds me of parents that won't let their child play on the playground because they may come in contact with germs. I think I'd prefer my child to catch a cold a few times over their childhood rather than to never have the memories of playing with other children...
I don't feed them poop, just as I wouldn't sit down and have coffee with someone trying to rob/invade my house but if a good ol' workin' fella knocks on my door to ask if I need yard work... I'd not fear him and I'd accept his services if I were in need of them.

Greeneville TN

#13 Apr 23, 2013
Not me. Good ol' working fellas are working, not going door to door. At least a.couple times a momth the newspaper prints warnings about scammers going door to door. And nearly everyday about break-ins, home invasions & suspicious activity. Even when the fire departments go fund raising, they give advanve notice. We're not in the 50's anymore. There's a right way to promote a business. Se7en, you have young childrem to think about. We can't be prisoners in our homes, but we can no longer afford complacency. I look for the best in people, but blind faith is not wise.

Location hidden

#14 Apr 23, 2013
MystDefy wrote:
Not me. Good ol' working fellas are working, not going door to door. At least a.couple times a momth the newspaper prints warnings about scammers going door to door. And nearly everyday about break-ins, home invasions & suspicious activity. Even when the fire departments go fund raising, they give advanve notice. We're not in the 50's anymore. There's a right way to promote a business. Se7en, you have young childrem to think about. We can't be prisoners in our homes, but we can no longer afford complacency. I look for the best in people, but blind faith is not wise.
I do see why you have such apprehensions. I suppose I just want to believe in the good

Location hidden

#15 Apr 23, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>I do see why you have such apprehensions. I suppose I just want to believe in the good
Sorry... Was cut short...

...believe in the goodness of mankind. I've known families to fall on hard times, that are out looking for a job but find odd jobs until something comes up...
Just smile-go on

Greeneville, TN

#16 Apr 23, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
My heavens!! I loved this!!

Greeneville TN

#18 Apr 23, 2013
What if he's stealing lawn care equipment? Haha! But seriously, what does every neighbor of every perp ever interviewed say? "He seemed so nice and.quiet. He was just like everybody else." Ted Bundy used crutches to gain his victims' confidence. I'm sure the guy is a hardworking, upstanding guy. But he's already met resistance with the door to door technique. Perhaps he should rethink his business strategy.
afforadable lawn

Smyrna, SC

#19 Apr 23, 2013
Has it ever occurred to you that some older people or disabled people may need ("us peddlers") to mow their yards. Me and my wife both have a lot of those kinda clients. If it weren't for us, it wouldn't be done. Perhaps they don't have anyone else to help, maybe their grandchildren are lazy or theiving junkies. Maybe they're like you, think they're too good to ask. I'm doing good with this job. At least we aren't robbing or stealing. Find someone else to bash. Moron
afforadable lawn

Smyrna, SC

#20 Apr 23, 2013
And I also have flyers and Business cards, its illegal to touch someones mailbox. So I can't quiet advertise that way. More people say yes than no actually. And eventually I worked my way up to Restaurants
Detailed

Charlotte, NC

#21 Apr 23, 2013
afforadable lawn wrote:
And I also have flyers and Business cards, its illegal to touch someones mailbox. So I can't quiet advertise that way. More people say yes than no actually. And eventually I worked my way up to Restaurants
Are you "Reliable"? Do you have pretty blue eyes? ;) If so, I wouldn't mind having you & a friend over sometime lol
afforadable lawn

Matthews, NC

#22 Apr 24, 2013
I am. I do. Also Married. Ty tho

“Read all about it!”

Location hidden

#23 Apr 24, 2013
MystDefy wrote:
I'm a woman living alone and, while I'm no shrinking violet, in this day and age, I would be leery of a strange man knocking on my door out of the blue. Leave a flyer or business card in the mailbox, advertise in the paper and offer a special to draw people in, ask current customers for referrals. I'm all for somebody earning their keep, but I have to protect what I've worked hard for.
Myst is right.. In this day and age of pillheads, I'd just assume the people really truly aren't wanting work and are just casing your house to either break in or steal something.. I don't think going and beating on the door is a very smart thing to do these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what Eva happened to Kristi Gott? 1 hr that gurl 28
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Christine Woman 8,529
Poll Witch actoriss do u like the best? 1 hr Christine Woman 4
Dennis Shipley 1 hr Lmao 54
Why do slim and petite girls like big guys? (Jul '11) 2 hr homer200020 109
PLEEZ stop ridin my bumper 2 hr Dr Wu 12
Skateboard Park & the rules 2 hr Dr Wu 15
The Pot Plane (Apr '10) Thu Melissa1333 371
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages