Famous People from Greeneville and Gr...
dicklick

Gallatin, TN

#101 Jul 30, 2011
GOLFER TOM KITE HAS SOME FAMLIY IN THE BIG CITY OF MOHAWK.
got a quarter

Nashville, TN

#102 Jul 30, 2011
I know one wrote:
Haven't thought of Terry in years. A true local celebrity. It was interestering to see him allow for inflation. For those who never met Terry, he was a special individual who would ask for a dime, then a quarter and before he passed away he was asking for a dollar. Terry was a landmark of Greeneville.
A true legend. Did anyone ever ask what he liked best?
I know one

Bluff City, TN

#103 Jul 31, 2011
Has anyone mentioned Davy Crockett?
UmmReally

Saint Petersburg, FL

#104 Aug 1, 2011
AAADawgfather wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying she isn't from Greene?
I'm saying this forum is about REAL FAMOUS PEOPLE!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#105 Aug 1, 2011
UmmReally wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying this forum is about REAL FAMOUS PEOPLE!
Then I guess the Beverly Hillbillies don't count. They were from Limestone Tn. lol
I know

Columbia, MD

#106 Aug 1, 2011
You people are right Scott Niswonger is famous. I have friends that live in Texas and they even heard of him down there as being on of the biggest grug trafficers that ever been now thats what Greeneville Tennessee stands for harbouring drug lords.
I know one

Bluff City, TN

#107 Aug 1, 2011
Mosheim Country Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I guess the Beverly Hillbillies don't count. They were from Limestone Tn. lol
Wrong but laughable. There is a connection between Greeneville and the Beverly Hillbillys though. Laura Bird, a Greeneville native, was in the running for the part of Ellie Mae but Donna Douglas won out and got the part.
Really

United States

#108 Aug 1, 2011
I know one wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong but laughable. There is a connection between Greeneville and the Beverly Hillbillys though. Laura Bird, a Greeneville native, was in the running for the part of Ellie Mae but Donna Douglas won out and got the part.
In one episode granny said she was from Davy Crockett country, Limestone near Greenesville
JustFYI

Johnson City, TN

#109 Aug 1, 2011
There was one mention that she was from where Davy Crockett was, but the Clampetts also referred to living near the Missouri and Arkansas borders a lot more than this area.
Wanderin

United States

#110 Aug 1, 2011
Has BenDover made the pole yet ?
I Remember

Antioch, TN

#111 Aug 1, 2011
I know one wrote:
Haven't thought of Terry in years. A true local celebrity. It was interestering to see him allow for inflation. For those who never met Terry, he was a special individual who would ask for a dime, then a quarter and before he passed away he was asking for a dollar. Terry was a landmark of Greeneville.
Terry had a daily route that he made in the downtown area checking all candy and cigarette machines to see if there was any change left in the coin return slots. He came by the same place at the same time each day and was so prompt that you could almost set your watch by his appearance. He later gained weight and did not circulate as much. The last few times I remember seeing him was at the Hardees that was near Greeneville High where he asked me to buy him a hamburger.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#112 Aug 2, 2011
Hey, we've got a well known respected author amongst us...Cameron Judd.
big dawg

Knoxville, TN

#113 Aug 2, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
In one episode granny said she was from Davy Crockett country, Limestone near Greenesville
I saw that one ,it was unreal when she said that,I'm glad someone else saw that.
oldschool

United States

#114 Aug 6, 2011
Irene Bailey my 8th grade teacher
Park Overall

AOL

#115 Aug 6, 2011
I love it. Am honored ot be among that list. Who is Pettibone?????
Just sayin

Johnson City, TN

#116 Aug 6, 2011
I know one wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not completely wrong. Granny always said she was originally from Limestone, Tennessee.
But as Limestone is in Washington County, not Greene, and as Granny Moses is a fictional character and not a real person, I really don't know that any of this is relevant to a thread about "Famous PEOPLE from Greeneville and GREENE COUNTY" in the first place.
Just sayin.
Rozetta Mowery

Tampa, FL

#117 Aug 2, 2012
Thank you so much for thinking of me. My daughter found this comment and I wanted to respond even though it's a year later! I want all my friends in that area to know my story is now being made into a cable TV series....hopefully HBO! I've also included my friend Park Overall to the list of possible actors. If she is chosen, I hope she will be interested and available. I wish I knew how to contact her. Does anyone have her e-mail address? Mine is [email protected]
Uptown Girl wrote:
Rozetta Mowery is a published author, she also grew up at Holston Home.
Local

United States

#118 Aug 2, 2012
Rozetta Mowery wrote:
Thank you so much for thinking of me. My daughter found this comment and I wanted to respond even though it's a year later! I want all my friends in that area to know my story is now being made into a cable TV series....hopefully HBO! I've also included my friend Park Overall to the list of possible actors. If she is chosen, I hope she will be interested and available. I wish I knew how to contact her. Does anyone have her e-mail address? Mine is [email protected]
<quoted text>
She is on facebook if you or your daughter have an account.
Rozetta Mowery

Tampa, FL

#119 Aug 2, 2012
That's an excellent idea....thank you! We reconnected a couple of years ago on Facebook, but I deleted my accounts last year. I'll have one of my classmates get her e-mail address for me.
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
She is on facebook if you or your daughter have an account.
forever alone

Hendersonville, TN

#120 Aug 3, 2012
Johnny knoxville

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CLAYMAN, CHRISTOPHER MARK (C&L Plumbing) 4 min YouKnowWho 7
no 15 min BellaRosaLinda 153
Another thread deleted.. 20 min Willie 8
Another Florida nightclub shooting 1 hr BellaRosaLinda 14
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 1 hr BellaRosaLinda 2,293
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr BellaRosaLinda 10,030
Busted newspaper on-line... 1 hr Dr Wu 6
BUSTED at the Hype! 6 hr Duh 14

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages