Famous People from Greeneville and Gr...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#21 Jul 25, 2011
Smart wrote:
The Band Perry is not from Greeneville. Where do they live? Where in Greeneville have they lived and for how long?
The Band Perry IS from Greeneville. They were not born here, but have lived here for a number of years. Their father is a pediatrician here
Who

Antioch, TN

#22 Jul 25, 2011
MystDefy wrote:
Wikipedia recognizes the following (go figure):
Rodney Adkins
David Barton
James Sevier Conway
Davy Crockett
William Crutchfield
Samuel Doak
Andrew Johnson
Eliza McCardle Johnson
Elbert L. Kinser
Park Overall
Augustus Herman Pettibone
Rance Pless
Oliver Perry Temple
Rufus King Waddle
Calvin John Ward
Eddie Yokley
Wow! Many of these people I have never heard of. I am going to have to read about who they are.
history buff

Fort Campbell, TN

#23 Jul 25, 2011
MystDefy wrote:
Rodney Adkins
David Barton
James Sevier Conway
Davy Crockett
William Crutchfield
Samuel Doak
Andrew Johnson
Eliza McCardle Johnson
Elbert L. Kinser
Park Overall
Rance Pless
Oliver Perry Temple
Rufus King Waddle
Calvin John Ward
Eddie Yokley
Calvin Beeler should be on the list. Was on TV in mayberry RFD
Now a big wig at Stanford.
Football Star

Fort Campbell, TN

#24 Jul 25, 2011
history buff wrote:
<quoted text>
Calvin Peeler, not Beeler. He was known as "Little Peeler".
Football Star

Fort Campbell, TN

#25 Jul 25, 2011
history buff wrote:
<quoted text>
Calvin Peeler played in one episode as a character named Martin in a 1968 Mayberry called Youth Takes Over. He is at Whittier College now in the Law College. Whittier's most famous graduate was President Richard Nixon.
Jethro

Fort Campbell, TN

#26 Jul 25, 2011
MystDefy wrote:
Rodney Adkins
David Barton
James Sevier Conway
Davy Crockett
William Crutchfield
Samuel Doak
Andrew Johnson
Eliza McCardle Johnson
Elbert L. Kinser
Park Overall
Rance Pless
Oliver Perry Temple
Rufus King Waddle
Calvin John Ward
Eddie Yokley
What, no mention of Wet Willie ?
Who

Antioch, TN

#27 Jul 25, 2011
Football Star wrote:
<quoted text>Calvin Peeler played in one episode as a character named Martin in a 1968 Mayberry called Youth Takes Over. He is at Whittier College now in the Law College. Whittier's most famous graduate was President Richard Nixon.
Correct me if I am wrong, but if memory serves me correctly, being cast in the show was the result of him writting a letter to the producers or someone.
Fradia

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Jul 25, 2011
To be honest chico if I were from your town I would not be telling anyone. What kind of trailer di AJ live in? Ibet a doublewide.
Ha Ha Ha

Ten Mile, TN

#29 Jul 25, 2011
Try as you might, but Gville is famous for nothing but being a redneck, backwards town!
Football Star

Fort Campbell, TN

#30 Jul 25, 2011
Who wrote:
<quoted text>Correct me if I am wrong, but if memory serves me correctly, being cast in the show was the result of him writting a letter to the producers or someone.
That is correct, and that was his first and last appearance on TV.
But wait

Charlotte, NC

#31 Jul 25, 2011
Ray Mears (legendary UT basketball coach) has family living in Gville, his granddaughter graduated from GHS recently, within the past couple of years.
hmmm

Johnson City, TN

#32 Jul 25, 2011
Where did the members of the Band Perry graduate from? They aren't very old so if they have lived here long, they should have graduated from here.
Nothing

Johnson City, TN

#33 Jul 25, 2011
Number One Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Great. A freakin' baseball player don't hold a candle to a famous movie actress like Park.
This is probably dependant upon your interests. I'd guess most baseball purists will easily know Dale Alexander.

Don't assume that everyone watched Empty Nest. Park isn't exactly a household name. I'd venture to say that she isn't even known in the Tri-Cities region.
Sports Fan

Johnson City, TN

#34 Jul 25, 2011
For sports fans that go back many years, Leonard Coffman was pretty well known for his football prowess at UT.
Who

Antioch, TN

#35 Jul 25, 2011
But wait wrote:
Ray Mears (legendary UT basketball coach) has family living in Gville, his granddaughter graduated from GHS recently, within the past couple of years.
Your post reminds me that Stu Aberdeen coached at Tusculum College for a while. I found a neat picture of Mears and Aberdeen dressed in the style of the day.
http://www.govolsxtra.com/photos/2010/mar/06/...
Nobody

Johnson City, TN

#36 Jul 25, 2011
A few years back, Trent Summar(GHS grad) was pretty popular in Nashville in the music scene.

Also, Raymond A. Smith(Ray Smith) from Radio Greeneville wrote the Conway Twitty classic "Fifteen Years Ago".
Who

Antioch, TN

#37 Jul 25, 2011
hmmm wrote:
Where did the members of the Band Perry graduate from? They aren't very old so if they have lived here long, they should have graduated from here.
This article indicates that they claim Greeneville as their home.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Band_Perry
Who

Antioch, TN

#38 Jul 25, 2011
Who wrote:
<quoted text>This article indicates that they claim Greeneville as their home.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Band_Perry
Allen Broyles says that they have lived here since 2002:
Number One Fan

Fort Campbell, TN

#39 Jul 25, 2011
Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
This is probably dependant upon your interests. I'd guess most baseball purists will easily know Dale Alexander.
Don't assume that everyone watched Empty Nest. Park isn't exactly a household name. I'd venture to say that she isn't even known in the Tri-Cities region.
Big deal! Alexander played a total of 4 years, 1929-1933, in the big leagues before African Americans were even allowed to play, and then went to the minors for 8 years, also no African Americans to compete with. Park was a major TV star for 7 years on Empty Nest, 1988-1995, and then went on to other TV appearances and on to the silver screen with several movie roles. No contest. Park is the best and better known. What a talent!
SayWhat

Charlotte, NC

#40 Jul 25, 2011
What about Hammer ? Dr Love ? Where did all the famous Topixians go ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easy girls 40 min Helen 16
Best bartender in Greene County 1 hr Barstool 3
Will hopson 2 hr Norton 6
J&k pressure washing leaves dog in hot truck 2 hr In the know 22
Idiot in charge! 2 hr Atticus Finch 52
allen pridemore (Mar '14) 4 hr Shawty c 8
The whites 5 hr just me 3

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance