Steven Inscore of 5565 Warrensburg Ro...

Steven Inscore of 5565 Warrensburg Road ABANDONED HIS FAMILY

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned neighbor

Fort Campbell, TN

#1 Dec 21, 2011
Pray for Steve Inscore's wife and his sons. Tuesday 12-20, he left a hard working, devoted wife of 30+ yrs. and his elderly mother. Just packed up his clothes/computer and moved out, while she was at work. WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING, to such wonderful people??? THE DEVIL OBVIOUSLY HAS A HOLD on this man........

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 21, 2011
concerned neighbor wrote:
Pray for Steve Inscore's wife and his sons. Tuesday 12-20, he left a hard working, devoted wife of 30+ yrs. and his elderly mother. Just packed up his clothes/computer and moved out, while she was at work. WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING, to such wonderful people??? THE DEVIL OBVIOUSLY HAS A HOLD on this man........
I'd say you're about 2-3 weeks away from his lawyer "having a hold" on you.

Good luck with that.
sooooo

Nashville, TN

#3 Dec 21, 2011
Samrai I generally agree with you but I see nothing illegal in that post.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 21, 2011
sooooo wrote:
Samrai I generally agree with you but I see nothing illegal in that post.
It's not that it's "illegal." It's that it is obviously retaliatory, libelous and possibly fraudulently misrepresented.

It's one thing to say "Comment Samurai is a big doodoo head." Stating same would be an opinion, as my head is clearly not made of fecal material. Further, "Comment Samurai" is a screen name and not the given name printed on my birth certificate.

However, this person claiming to be a "neighbor" clearly identified an individual, and posted their address (assuming the information is accurate). Therefore, Mr. Inscore, who lives on Warrensburg Road has been specifically, and irrefutably identified as the person in question.

It will be the burden (duty under the law) of the poster to prove that the allegations in the post above are absolutely true. See, he/she didn't say that Mr. Inscore "allegedly" abandoned his family, etc. They clearly said that he DID, as a statement of "fact."

It is reasonable to assume that the Inscores are likely going to get divorced.

It is also reasonable to assume that the poster is likely very "close" to Mrs. Inscore, if not Mrs. Inscore herself.(If I were a gambling man, I'd put all my money on the poster being Mrs. Inscore. Why would a "neighbor" feel compelled to post that silly garbage on a public forum?)

Therefore, when Mr. Inscore retains counsel to prosecute either the divorce, or any libel claim, the Original Poster on this string is likely going to have their ass proverbially handed to them in court.

And, rightfully so.
Question

AOL

#6 Dec 21, 2011
Comment Samurai, First I'll say, this has nothing to do with the man or neighbor above. I just happened to read this and found your post to be interesting to me.
I was told they can't use a post on topix because they can't prove who wrote it. Even if they got an ip they can't prove who wrote the post. They said, it doesn't matter if full names where used or not. I was told topix cannot be used in a court of law. You seem to think differently.

“Law Doggy”

Since: Sep 11

New York, NY

#7 Dec 21, 2011
Question wrote:
Comment Samurai, First I'll say, this has nothing to do with the man or neighbor above. I just happened to read this and found your post to be interesting to me.
I was told they can't use a post on topix because they can't prove who wrote it. Even if they got an ip they can't prove who wrote the post. They said, it doesn't matter if full names where used or not. I was told topix cannot be used in a court of law. You seem to think differently.
I know you are asking Comment Samurai, but I'm going to chime in if I may.

First of all, Topix can be issued a court order to obtain a persons IP address for court. For what ever reason that may be.

That being said, they "may" or "may not" be able to determine who the poster. There are many variables involved.

Take the case of Lesher v. Doe, a case against libelous postings on Topix. In this case, some posters were identified by the method mentioned above, while some were not. Some were not identified, again, for various reasons. For example, I see you are posting from "AOL". In the case mentioned, there were "AOL" posters. At the time that this case occurred, the "AOL" person(s) were not able to be identified because "AOL" only kept IP records for 90 days, then they were purged from their system. Topix retained the IP addresses, but only the ISP (AOL in this example) has the ability to determine the owner of it. Since the users identity was erased after 90 days, the information on who ever posted a particular comment was lost.

So in a sense, the answer is yes and no about identifying someone. Like I said, there are other variables involved that include proxy servers, etc., which become more complex.
Steaming Pile

Smyrna, TN

#8 Dec 21, 2011
Comment Samurai wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that it's "illegal." It's that it is obviously retaliatory, libelous and possibly fraudulently misrepresented.
It's one thing to say "Comment Samurai is a big doodoo head." Stating same would be an opinion, as my head is clearly not made of fecal material. Further, "Comment Samurai" is a screen name and not the given name printed on my birth certificate.
However, this person claiming to be a "neighbor" clearly identified an individual, and posted their address (assuming the information is accurate). Therefore, Mr. Inscore, who lives on Warrensburg Road has been specifically, and irrefutably identified as the person in question.
It will be the burden (duty under the law) of the poster to prove that the allegations in the post above are absolutely true. See, he/she didn't say that Mr. Inscore "allegedly" abandoned his family, etc. They clearly said that he DID, as a statement of "fact."
It is reasonable to assume that the Inscores are likely going to get divorced.
It is also reasonable to assume that the poster is likely very "close" to Mrs. Inscore, if not Mrs. Inscore herself.(If I were a gambling man, I'd put all my money on the poster being Mrs. Inscore. Why would a "neighbor" feel compelled to post that silly garbage on a public forum?)
Therefore, when Mr. Inscore retains counsel to prosecute either the divorce, or any libel claim, the Original Poster on this string is likely going to have their ass proverbially handed to them in court.
And, rightfully so.
Comment Samurai has a head alledgedly made of doodoo, poopoo, caca, guano, dung, dookie, feces, excrement, droppings, manure, brownies, cowpies, crap, ejectamenta, etc. Well, you get the picture.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 21, 2011
Question wrote:
Comment Samurai, First I'll say, this has nothing to do with the man or neighbor above. I just happened to read this and found your post to be interesting to me.
I was told they can't use a post on topix because they can't prove who wrote it. Even if they got an ip they can't prove who wrote the post. They said, it doesn't matter if full names where used or not. I was told topix cannot be used in a court of law. You seem to think differently.
Skipster is pretty close with his answer. Which isn't a surprise, he's often right on the mark, or damn close to it.

I'll cover a few Frequently Asked Questions on this matter:

----------
1. Can people be traced/tracked/identified on Topix?

Yes. Very... Completely... And totally without question nor hesitation. And not just on Topix, but any online site that has an element of post-back/interactivity.

I hate to ruin every tween's day, but Facebook is pimping-out your personal data and information to the highest bidder, like it's a $5 whore.

----------
2. Can someone be sued for posting on Topix?

Yes. Very... And completely. If you post comments that identify a specific individual and unjustly defame them in the process (legally known as "libel") you can be held accountable for damages through course of civil litigation. And in some states, you may be facing criminal charges as well.

(This is the place were tweens start posting things like "bs" and "no way." To which, I reply as follows...)

The following is a link to a newspaper article from Georgia. Gene Cooley sued a woman who libeled him on Topix.

Last January, a jury awarded Mr. Cooley $404,000.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/3430101-4...

Enjoy.
Crazy train

Franklin, TN

#11 Dec 21, 2011
Your full of sh*t Sammy! How is Mr. Inscore going to prove any damages by this stmnt. on Topix? He would have to have proof this statement has caused some sort of harm. Not just some b.s. reason like mental duress. He would also have to prove that the whole statement was a lie as well. So "concerned neighbor" has no reason to fear any type of legal action. Better get back and do some legal research there Sammy butt slammy ur mammy!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#12 Dec 22, 2011
Crazy train wrote:
Your full of sh*t Sammy! How is Mr. Inscore going to prove any damages by this stmnt. on Topix? He would have to have proof this statement has caused some sort of harm. Not just some b.s. reason like mental duress. He would also have to prove that the whole statement was a lie as well. So "concerned neighbor" has no reason to fear any type of legal action. Better get back and do some legal research there Sammy butt slammy ur mammy!
And how could anyone doubt your legal expertise? Remind me again what you do for a living? Lawn mowing, was it?

As usual, you are completely wrong. In fact your statement, "He would also have to prove that the whole statement was a lie as well.." is arguably one of the dumbest comments you've ever made, which is a true accomplishment given that most of your statements are so juvenile and stupid, they actually glow.

You see Peanut, it's not Mr. Inscore's burden to prove anything. It's the poster's burden to prove the statements are true, exclusively.

Are you smart enough to click on the link I posted above? Can you read? What I find most entertaining is that you basically vomited-up the exact same, dumbass, lay "argument" that the defendant used in the case cited above. And she stuck to her "story," all the way up to the point the jury awarded a 1/2 million dollar judgment against her.

Merry Christmas.
Ron

United States

#13 Dec 22, 2011
Comment Samurai wrote:
<quoted text>
And how could anyone doubt your legal expertise? Remind me again what you do for a living? Lawn mowing, was it?
As usual, you are completely wrong. In fact your statement, "He would also have to prove that the whole statement was a lie as well.." is arguably one of the dumbest comments you've ever made, which is a true accomplishment given that most of your statements are so juvenile and stupid, they actually glow.
You see Peanut, it's not Mr. Inscore's burden to prove anything. It's the poster's burden to prove the statements are true, exclusively.
Are you smart enough to click on the link I posted above? Can you read? What I find most entertaining is that you basically vomited-up the exact same, dumbass, lay "argument" that the defendant used in the case cited above. And she stuck to her "story," all the way up to the point the jury awarded a 1/2 million dollar judgment against her.
Merry Christmas.
BORING
FriendofDog

Elgin, SC

#14 Dec 22, 2011
There is NOTHING in concerned neighbor's post that would even come close to slander... I also think it's his wife, however, the post merely said he left.. which I assume he did. That's it.. there is certainly nothing legal to hang your hat on in that very innocuous (albeit sad) post...
curious

United States

#15 Dec 22, 2011
I think she's just mad because he took the computer.
sooooo

Nashville, TN

#16 Dec 22, 2011
Yeah I totally agree. The post doesn't attack his character at all. Also, his address is public information...you can totally find it in the phone book. Sharing it causes no harm. Samurai is dead wrong on this one. Althought the article hou posted is quality entertainment its a completely different situation. The woman full blown attacked that guys character accusing him of apparently doing crazy things post his fiances murder. Here, the woman just stated that "the devils has hold of this man" which is funny but not an attack. This is one of those situations where she (neighbor or wife) posted only public information and her condolences for her neighbor (or herself). So rare that you're wrong samurai im saddened.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#17 Dec 22, 2011
FriendofDog wrote:
There is NOTHING in concerned neighbor's post that would even come close to slander... I also think it's his wife, however, the post merely said he left.. which I assume he did. That's it.. there is certainly nothing legal to hang your hat on in that very innocuous (albeit sad) post...
The string title: "Steven Inscore of 5565 Warrensburg Road ABANDONED HIS FAMILY"

"ABANDONED HIS FAMILY" is in all caps.

It was willfully and wantonly posted in an effort humiliate the man in question, with malicious intent. It's defamation of character, by definition of law.

It has become a standard practice for employers, banks, creditors and colleagues to Google the name of someone with which they intend to do business. Topix strings tend to appear at the top of Google search returns, by design.

The first time Mr. Inscore is denied employment or some other opportunity because this string appears in a Google search associated with his name, Mr. Inscore's attorney will likely prosecute the original poster into the stone age.

I would. With a smile.
FriendofDog

United States

#18 Dec 22, 2011
Not gonna happen. This is insignificant b.s. compared to a lot of the stuff you see on here.. no attorney would take this type of case unless they were nuts themselves. (GRIN) Even if you wanted to string the law along and try to get this before a Judge, you'd be laughed out of court.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#19 Dec 22, 2011
FriendofDog wrote:
Not gonna happen. This is insignificant b.s. compared to a lot of the stuff you see on here.. no attorney would take this type of case unless they were nuts themselves.(GRIN) Even if you wanted to string the law along and try to get this before a Judge, you'd be laughed out of court.
Um, ok. You'll just have to take my word on it.
Wander

Charlotte, NC

#20 Dec 22, 2011
I'm wandering why ya ll making the family feel more embarrassed & worst for his actions ? Grins are sexy btw
Zoom

Gallatin, TN

#21 Dec 22, 2011
Samurai. If u r a lawyer. I would loooove to talk to u about a similar matter as the link you posted

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#22 Dec 23, 2011
Zoom wrote:
Samurai. If u r a lawyer. I would loooove to talk to u about a similar matter as the link you posted
Email me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southern Independence 11 min Leonardo 2
Mean Walmart Rant... 12 min Atticus Finch 77
I am racist I want to change 18 min Atticus Finch 46
parent fight at CC Elementary 30 min Atticus Finch 5
Watson Manuel 40 min Fo Reel 26
Poll Hillary Clinton for President (Jul '15) 57 min Sheriff Larry 42
Gone too soon 1 hr Sick of it 17
SG Volleyball 13 hr Volleyball Victor 24

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages