Friday nights game against Morristown...

Friday nights game against Morristown West

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

GHS Football

Kingston Springs, TN

#1 Aug 25, 2012
What did you all think about the game??
Devils

Johnson City, TN

#2 Aug 25, 2012
Two very equal teams. Greeneville played great offensively. They are good enough offensively to make another run at a state championship, but the defense needs a ton of work. That was expected given that they lost nearly the whole defense last year. They will get better.

The bottom line is, Greeneville has lost to two really good teams. They were one play away from beating 5A power Mo West.

The Devils likely won't see teams that good in 4A until maybe Giles County. Also, Greeneville still has to play 6A Franklin County and Alcoa, so they should be battle tested and ready for the postseason. Those people who are counting out Greeneville and hoping that they will fail will be very disappointed. This WILL be a very good football team after a few more adjustments and when the defense gains some more experience. Everyone knew they would have a slow start.
Mo West Fan

Omaha, NE

#3 Aug 30, 2012
Devils wrote:
Two very equal teams. Greeneville played great offensively. They are good enough offensively to make another run at a state championship, but the defense needs a ton of work. That was expected given that they lost nearly the whole defense last year. They will get better.
The bottom line is, Greeneville has lost to two really good teams. They were one play away from beating 5A power Mo West.
The Devils likely won't see teams that good in 4A until maybe Giles County. Also, Greeneville still has to play 6A Franklin County and Alcoa, so they should be battle tested and ready for the postseason. Those people who are counting out Greeneville and hoping that they will fail will be very disappointed. This WILL be a very good football team after a few more adjustments and when the defense gains some more experience. Everyone knew they would have a slow start.
I agree Greeneville is a very good team but they have three big issues; no defense, no kicking game, and no balanced offense as they appear to have no passing game. I don't think they threw but a couple of passes in the Mo West game. All Mo West had to worry about was the run. When they run up against a team with a big defensive front line that shuts the run down they don't have a passing game to go to.
Devils

Johnson City, TN

#4 Aug 30, 2012
Mo West Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Greeneville is a very good team but they have three big issues; no defense, no kicking game, and no balanced offense as they appear to have no passing game. I don't think they threw but a couple of passes in the Mo West game. All Mo West had to worry about was the run. When they run up against a team with a big defensive front line that shuts the run down they don't have a passing game to go to.
The passing game is a concern for sure. They need to be able to soften up the defense with a passing threat. Greeneville also struggles stopping the pass on defense, but that has been a problem for 3-4 years now. Playing 4A teams will help hide that problem some.

The kicking game isn't bad for Greeneville. Just didn't have a good night against West.
Fanny

Hendersonville, TN

#5 Aug 30, 2012
What about the Alcoa vs. Maryville game on ESPN on Sunday. That was some football!
Football

Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 30, 2012
Fanny wrote:
What about the Alcoa vs. Maryville game on ESPN on Sunday. That was some football!
Agreed. Those are two really good teams. Greeneville will have to play extremely well to beat Alcoa again this season.
Hmm

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 30, 2012
I agree they're weak on pass defense. They seem to give the receivers too big of a cushion. They let them catch it, then they tackle. Wish they'd run the tailbacks more and stop running quarterback up the middle all the time. They did look good against Morristown, actually would of won if it wasn't for the fumble on goal line.I think they'll have a chance
of making it back to finals, if they stay healthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SG moving to AA 9 min Parent 102
Koch Brothers 13 min fact 19
Anyone know anything about a Brent Trantham? 16 min Why u being nosey 4
So Much Winning I Am Tired Of It 35 min Lance Corporal Bubba 2
Atheists 40 min Lance Corporal Bubba 3
jerry shelton (Dec '10) 41 min Katie 4
Fake Christians 56 min Lance Corporal Bubba 18
Vonda Smith Motive 1 hr Snake Sneed 9
2 found dead last night in greene county 1 hr Snake Sneed 14
Breaking news! 4 hr Atticus Finch 12