First Prev
of 3
Next Last
CarolinaGurl

Fort Campbell, TN

#1 Jan 15, 2011
Had a terrible experience at Stans tonight. Messed up orders, waited an hour for cold food, no apology from our wait staff. I spoke to Stan about our experience and I'll just say he has no interest in keeping his customers. He was very rude. I won't go back after being a customer for over 8 years.
yum

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Jan 16, 2011
I get my orders to go. Never had a rude experience at the window. ;-)
haha

Morganton, NC

#3 Jan 16, 2011
I waited in drive thru 20 min last week for a bbq platter. Everything is basically already made so to me that's unacceptable. Way overpriced also.
George

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jan 17, 2011
Their food is way over priced and you never get good service
RMac

Kingsport, TN

#5 Jan 17, 2011
Completely agree here. We've stopped going to Stans because of the horrible service in the dining area. We had a bad experience a couple months back that was the last straw. Came in with my family and was seated. We waited what seemed like forever for someone to even come to our table to take our drink order. I went up to the counter and asked one of the girls if we had a waitress and if not could we get one - and she just gave me a weird look and said "I dunno". Finally, someone arrived and took our order and brought our drinks out. We didn't see this person again until our food came out 25-30 minutes later, and even at that the order was wrong. To make a long story short, I talked to Stan at the register and he just said "sorry" and went about his business.

I don't expect to be given anything but meal after meal there with the same experience, we've had enough. I doubt it will hurt his business because it seems there are enough people who still eat there, but I'm not the only one that has had similar experiences and will not go back.
Creek

Paducah, KY

#6 Jan 17, 2011
Will not eat there again until it's cleaned up. Look through the window at the drive through and see how dirty the floor and the place they make the salads at.. EWWWWWW! It has been 5 months since I have been there. If they have cleaned it up, I apologize.
heha

Brentwood, TN

#7 Jan 17, 2011
CarolinaGurl wrote:
Had a terrible experience at Stans tonight. Messed up orders, waited an hour for cold food, no apology from our wait staff. I spoke to Stan about our experience and I'll just say he has no interest in keeping his customers. He was very rude. I won't go back after being a customer for over 8 years.
Sounds like the reasons we said a year ago we would not go back...and we haven.t..........
axx

Franklin, TN

#9 Jan 17, 2011
I ate there back in 2000 when matt kena worked there and it was the sh$t. Haven't been back since but was wondering.
Good food

Franklin, TN

#10 Jan 18, 2011
Never had a problem with food or service.
Post Cardcollector

Franklin, TN

#11 Jan 18, 2011
I see from the sign out front that he is selling "day old" ribs at a reduced price... maybe 'cause the service inside is so bad he has lots left over...:-)
Yup

Smyrna, TN

#12 Jan 18, 2011
I don't like that they leave the burnt outside on the pork. It tastes nasty. They also make their sandwiches too far in advance many times and the bun gets soggy. Also heard they had some issues with their inspection a while back. There is much better bbq!
Hmmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Jan 18, 2011
Seems to me that some local businesses have gotten 'too big for their breeches'. Don't get me wrong, I'll support a small business any chance I get, but I hope places like Stan's will remember where they came from. I used to love eating there until I experienced some of the same issues as stated above. Out side of food service, I know firsthand of some incidences where they (Stan and his wife) expected to be given services for free and special treatment above other customers just because of who they are. Please don't expect more as a customer than you give your own customers. It's bad business practice. I just hope they turn it around.
Works there

Franklin, TN

#14 Jan 19, 2011
I work there. The sandwiches are not made a head of time. They are made when a ticket is printed and given to the cook. Now, the bun may get soggy if the waitress takes forever to get it to you, because it sits under a heat lamb until served to the costumer.

In the six months that I have worked there, I have not seen once, where Stan gave something away for free. So, I don't know where you came up with that, unless it happened before I got there.

The whole building of Stan's is clean. We are not allowed to leave until he inspects the area. Now, some spots may look bad, because it's an old building.

It's also rare that we have leftover ribs, but sometimes we do, so we sell them discounted, and there's no difference in taste.
sam

Fort Campbell, TN

#15 Jan 19, 2011
Yup wrote:
I don't like that they leave the burnt outside on the pork. It tastes nasty. They also make their sandwiches too far in advance many times and the bun gets soggy. Also heard they had some issues with their inspection a while back. There is much better bbq!
A lot of people, including myself, like that burnt part. Just personal preference.
TORI

United States

#16 Jan 19, 2011
I hate stans bbq and his family!..I will never pay a penny to that place..and yes that place is nasty and if some1 that works there doesn't like u they will spit in ur food!..speakin from experience!..
tiger

Mount Holly, NC

#17 Jan 19, 2011
Always get good food and service
Publius

Chatsworth, GA

#18 Jan 19, 2011
This is kind of one of those places where half the people are pleased and the other half hate it.

I've been there several times and the service was absoloutely horrible. So much so that we finally decided that we were done with that place. My brother-in-laws family goes all the time and they say they have always had great service.

It looks like Stan needs to start paying attention to his service staff and weeding out the ones who just don't give a damn. Half of them are probably great and the other half aren't worth the time of day.

“Tigger blood and Madonna DNA.”

Since: Jan 11

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 Jan 19, 2011
Publius wrote:
This is kind of one of those places where half the people are pleased and the other half hate it.
I've been there several times and the service was absoloutely horrible. So much so that we finally decided that we were done with that place. My brother-in-laws family goes all the time and they say they have always had great service.
It looks like Stan needs to start paying attention to his service staff and weeding out the ones who just don't give a damn. Half of them are probably great and the other half aren't worth the time of day.
Okay. I think Stan's is tasty. I've always had pretty good service. The only times I've really had to wait are when it was super-busy. The food as always been good, but, I always get the same thing.

Some of you may be having wait staff issues when second shift comes in perhaps, as it's all teenagers who generally don't give a rat's ass what they're doing. Most food service establishments have better service during lunch hours, as the food is more fresh as it's being pounded out, and because the wait staff is older and more experienced.

I believe it's great for teenagers to have places to work from the ages of 16-19. But I believe food service isn't the best place. And that's oftentimes the only places they can have a job.

Putting my health, as well as food safety, in the hands of someone who only cares about how their favorite character is doing on Jersey Shore or what their friends are doing on Facebook doesn't make me a happy person.

So, always note when you've had these bad experiences on what time you went to eat there. Rather than gauging it as a whole. I'm not saying that ALL teenagers are irresponsible, mind you. Or that all older people are more considerate and efficient. Just speaking from years of food service employment.
Publius

Chatsworth, GA

#20 Jan 19, 2011
You've got a point Jingleflops. Every time we have eaten there has been at night since I can't get to Greeneville for lunch during the week since I work in JC. All teenage wait staff for the most part.

Stan needs to either light a fire under their backsides or send them on their way to another fast food chain. The part that frustrated me the most is like others have said, when you tell Stan he just reacts like he couldn't really be bothered to care. I'm sure making customer mad and others just deciding not to eat there again is ok since enough people still go there, but at some point those replacement customers aren't going to be enough to make up for the ones that leave and things will quickly go south for Stan. Then he will wish he had bothered to care.
WOW

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Feb 28, 2011
First of all "jingleflops" i am one of the teenagers that work there as just so you know i do give a rats ass. I try my hardest to do a good job.

As for the floor being dirty this is nonsense. I spend atleast 20 minutes everyday sweeping that floor and mopping it.

Its not a friggin fast food place thats maybe why you have to wait a while for your food. If you want fast food go up the street to Mcdonalds.

And as for stan not caring about his customers is wrong because almost everytime that i go to find him, he is talking to someone.

I agree the food is WAY to over priced but mannn.

And who ever you are publius you have no idea what you are talking about. only one teenager is a waitress. thats IT. and how would we know what food is whose to spit in. thats just rumors

And just so everyone knows for the last week we have basically run out of everything including ribs and wings. So we arent having a problem in selling them.

and HAHA ever think maybe they are getting some of the orders in the restaurant done first? like i said go to mcdonalds if you have a friggin problem.

Honestly I work very hard and i dont like things being said about stans on topix. you got a problem with it.. dont put it on the computer. Seriously Grow up dont come back thats fine.

And dont put all teenagers into the same category cause im sure you remember when you were one too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tanya morris 1 hr Rndknob 22
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 1 hr Trunketeer 1,879
Poll R U A rite shy somebody? 1 hr hi tommy 2
Bruce Jenner 1 hr bottom of the bar... 4
anyone know a fonda wilson (Dec '10) 1 hr the ex 7
joe bickford chuckey (May '12) 2 hr Someone 42
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr Doug77 7,928
Poll Pick one for Greeneville Mayor! 3 hr z0neCrew 7
Nathan Fuller 3 hr Black betty 22
Rage against the elite 6 hr z0neCrew 33