Agree

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jun 13, 2013
The missing o wrote:
<quoted text>god money?
God is good!

Greeneville, TN

#5 Jun 13, 2013
Stupid idea to start with. David had a boner for it and we are paying the bills. Trouble is he is not truthful with the citizens as to what it is really costing. Plenty of paved roads and nowhere to go!
Sell Now

Greeneville, TN

#6 Jun 14, 2013
Greene County could not have to worry about raising taxes if the county were not paying for the expensive asphalt plant and its operation. It will take 100 years before the county gets it investment back and starts saving money.

Besides it borders on communism when a government creates a business that competes directly with private businesses. I thought the local Republicans and Tea Party people wanted smaller government--not bigger government as the acquisition of the asphalt plant has done.
tea party

Loudon, TN

#7 Jun 14, 2013
back to top wrote:
Stupid idea to start with. David had a boner for it and we are paying the bills. Trouble is he is not truthful with the citizens as to what it is really costing. Plenty of paved roads and nowhere to go!
. Well Steve has a boner for a new jail, and he's not being truthful either about what its gonna cost. Trouble is we already have the asphalt plant, but the same colossal mistake with the jail hasn't been made yet. Citizens need to rise up in outrage over all this government expansion for the sake of having newer, bigger, and more government.
Sell Now

Greeneville, TN

#8 Jun 14, 2013
tea party wrote:
<quoted text>. Well Steve has a boner for a new jail, and he's not being truthful either about what its gonna cost. Trouble is we already have the asphalt plant, but the same colossal mistake with the jail hasn't been made yet. Citizens need to rise up in outrage over all this government expansion for the sake of having newer, bigger, and more government.
Agreed, but I still think we as a county government to retract the expansion of government and get out of the asphalt business. We do already have the asphalt plaint, but we are still pouring much more into it than we save.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DTR Cheating Spouses 5 min Kohlrabi 17
Does any one know anything bout the poor baby t... 10 min Britey spears 10
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 12 min Jennifer Renee 5,526
Feeling lonely for the holidays 22 min I know 17
babies found dead 35 min HolyChaos76 17
wheel tax 37 min nuts 90
4 More Arrested (Apr '11) 59 min Camelbeard 25
13 month old and two month old "unresponsive" a... 1 hr LORINY 16
your first love 1 hr curious 133
What is your favorite poem? 5 hr Veronica 104
Aggravated Statutory Rape in Greene County 6 hr Reality 96
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:48 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:48PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:55 AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars