First Prev
of 3
Next Last
shed

Johnson City, TN

#1 Oct 23, 2011
Seen sign that said skating rink and batting cages! Anybody know anything else?
A Parent

Brentwood, TN

#2 Oct 24, 2011
shed wrote:
Seen sign that said skating rink and batting cages! Anybody know anything else?
Who cares..that place is so run down.It would cost a fortune to make anything out of it.Unless there are big changes,I doubt my children will be going there.It used to be a babysitting place for parents to drop off their children.Kind of hard to forget..
cocerned

Winnsboro, SC

#3 Oct 24, 2011
YEs it is opening soon WITH IMPROVEMENTS!! And its not a babysitting service! I loved it when I was growing up and so do my kids!!!!! Thats the only thing for kids in this town!
Lookin Good

AOL

#4 Oct 24, 2011
Where will this be at?
Halloween

Brentwood, TN

#5 Oct 24, 2011
cocerned wrote:
YEs it is opening soon WITH IMPROVEMENTS!! And its not a babysitting service! I loved it when I was growing up and so do my kids!!!!! Thats the only thing for kids in this town!
I beg to differ.There are other activities other than skating for children to do in this town.Several churches have very active youth groups that do fun things together.All kinds of athletic games here.basketball,football,socce r,baseball,bowling.We have a nice movie theatre.We have the YMCA.Unless this is managed better and controlled better,it will end up like before.Sorry..this is just how I see it.
Native

Brentwood, TN

#6 Oct 24, 2011
Go to Facebook, type in 'Hot Wheels Arena' and see for yourself. Derived as a tribute page to the original Hot Wheels (1974-1986), the new owners (Anthony and Christy Carter) have posted "in progress" pics of their efforts. The Carters are great people and own other successful businesses. To clarify my post, the Carter's have leased the property from The Kilday Group. As a community let's wish them luck and support their endeavor.
cocerned

Winnsboro, SC

#7 Oct 24, 2011
I totally agree with native!
Interested

Brentwood, TN

#8 Oct 24, 2011
I know the Carters and they r fine people.But...Halloween has a point.There is more to do in Greeneville than going skating.Parent also made a good point.I had friends whose parents dropped them off every Friday and Saturday so they could go do their thing..not everybody,but quite a few.There were not enough employees there to supervise or see all that was going on.That is when the trouble started.I wish we could get a franchise like Fun Expedition...My children love that.There is something for all ages.
comeon

Paducah, KY

#9 Oct 24, 2011
I skated when I was young,granted there has been alot of things change since then, but Hot Wheels was a good place for kids. It doesn't matter how many people you have watching the children fact is KIDS have changed.Fifteen years ago you didn't have to worry about kids snorting pills,or carrying weapons, or trying to hurt someone, now you do. I'm sure there will be several people working there, from what I hear. People that don't even work there will be watching. I understand there are alot of things to worry about with children today, but it's everywhere. Churches, YMCA, movies, all of these have bad people in them. It's sad to say, but they do. Not all kids are interested in sports & even less actually have the ability to play any. I know there has been alot of time, money, & thought put into this place. So let's not judge it until it needs to be. Again i skated for years,& grew up to be an honor graduate,wife, mother, & a successful business owner. Sometimes it's the kids too, not just the establishment. I promise you from knowing all the people involved, things will be watched for,looked after, & handled. So let's give it a chance.
comeon

Paducah, KY

#10 Oct 24, 2011
Oh & unlike bowling there will be NO alcohol there. Sorry forgot to throw that in
questions

Paducah, KY

#11 Oct 24, 2011
Interested wrote:
I know the Carters and they r fine people.But...Halloween has a point.There is more to do in Greeneville than going skating.Parent also made a good point.I had friends whose parents dropped them off every Friday and Saturday so they could go do their thing..not everybody,but quite a few.There were not enough employees there to supervise or see all that was going on.That is when the trouble started.I wish we could get a franchise like Fun Expedition...My children love that.There is something for all ages.
Have you talked to them about your concerns, since you know them. I'm sure they would answer any questions you have
skatingfan

Faith, NC

#12 Oct 24, 2011
Halloween wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ.There are other activities other than skating for children to do in this town.Several churches have very active youth groups that do fun things together.All kinds of athletic games here.basketball,football,socce r,baseball,bowling.We have a nice movie theatre.We have the YMCA.Unless this is managed better and controlled better,it will end up like before.Sorry..this is just how I see it.
Can't wait for it to open! My kids love it and are really looking forward to skating again. No offense, but not EVERY activity you do has to revolve around church or sports...this is just how I see it.
awesome

Hermitage, TN

#13 Oct 24, 2011
This is a great thing... how anyone could say anything negative is beond me. we all need to support local businesses. don't we be more grateful for the local people we have willing to take a risk on a business in Greeneville. Gosh I hope we all show them and all our local businesses the love and support they deserve.

Come on people stop being so negative and start helping our community thrive.
Interested

Brentwood, TN

#14 Oct 24, 2011
comeon wrote:
I skated when I was young,granted there has been alot of things change since then, but Hot Wheels was a good place for kids. It doesn't matter how many people you have watching the children fact is KIDS have changed.Fifteen years ago you didn't have to worry about kids snorting pills,or carrying weapons, or trying to hurt someone, now you do. I'm sure there will be several people working there, from what I hear. People that don't even work there will be watching. I understand there are alot of things to worry about with children today, but it's everywhere. Churches, YMCA, movies, all of these have bad people in them. It's sad to say, but they do. Not all kids are interested in sports & even less actually have the ability to play any. I know there has been alot of time, money, & thought put into this place. So let's not judge it until it needs to be. Again i skated for years,& grew up to be an honor graduate,wife, mother, & a successful business owner. Sometimes it's the kids too, not just the establishment. I promise you from knowing all the people involved, things will be watched for,looked after, & handled. So let's give it a chance.
No one has said not to give it a chance.The comment was made there is nothing for kids to do in Greeneville and we need this.It was just pointed out that there is lots of things for kids to do in our town.I hope it does well.But,as you said,not all kids are in to sports as not all kids are in to skating...
observer

Brentwood, TN

#15 Oct 24, 2011
comeon wrote:
What town were you in 15 years ago?There were plenty of drugs and fighting in this town at that time..
comeon

Paducah, KY

#16 Oct 24, 2011
observer wrote:
<quoted text>What town were you in 15 years ago?There were plenty of drugs and fighting in this town at that time..
I was in Greeneville & not snorting pills,& shooting up when you was 14-15 yrs old. Yes I know there was drugs, but NO 14 yr old I knew in that time did those things.Now you have 15yr olds in rehab. WOW!! And I don't remember mentioning fighting at all. I said something about hurting people, but didn't mention fighting. Sorry, I never worried about getting shot at school 15 yrs ago. But spare the rod spoil the child, then blame everyone else for what your child does, that's why kids are like they are now.I'm not talking about you & yours, I don't even know you, I'm talking about"you" as a society. Any way this is about the skating rink, sorry I rambled
2CentsWorth

Dandridge, TN

#17 Oct 24, 2011
Why are some of u downing this? Face it, this town is dead as far as any activities go. Church activities are fine for those who have an active youth group and want to participate. Some folks would like to participate in activities not tied to a church group. The YMCA is expensive and some kids are just not athletic. Give these people a chance to provide something entertaining for the kids without ridicule before they even open the doors. Maybe if there were more for kids to do they wouldn't be as many getting into trouble. Apparently some think its horrible to drop your kid off and let them skate with friends. I know some kids are trouble and just want to start trouble but hopefully these new owners have got a plan of action for those who can't abide by rules. I admit the place is kind of dumpy looking but its not our business and none of our business what it costs to fix it up. Kids need somewhere to do their own thing away from parents sometimes. There should be people staffed to make sure nothing inappropriate is going on. People should support this and encourage the owners. The kids need a designated area of the city to bring back crusing as well. Sure there could be trouble in the midst of that as well but won't hurt the Greeneville police dept to patroll the area on weekends for a few hours. Seems like people here are just anti anything that's not tied to church and sports. Believe it or not you can have both. Good luck Hot Wheels. Sure you will do great.
greeneville

Paducah, KY

#18 Oct 24, 2011
2CentsWorth wrote:
Why are some of u downing this? Face it, this town is dead as far as any activities go. Church activities are fine for those who have an active youth group and want to participate. Some folks would like to participate in activities not tied to a church group. The YMCA is expensive and some kids are just not athletic. Give these people a chance to provide something entertaining for the kids without ridicule before they even open the doors. Maybe if there were more for kids to do they wouldn't be as many getting into trouble. Apparently some think its horrible to drop your kid off and let them skate with friends. I know some kids are trouble and just want to start trouble but hopefully these new owners have got a plan of action for those who can't abide by rules. I admit the place is kind of dumpy looking but its not our business and none of our business what it costs to fix it up. Kids need somewhere to do their own thing away from parents sometimes. There should be people staffed to make sure nothing inappropriate is going on. People should support this and encourage the owners. The kids need a designated area of the city to bring back crusing as well. Sure there could be trouble in the midst of that as well but won't hurt the Greeneville police dept to patroll the area on weekends for a few hours. Seems like people here are just anti anything that's not tied to church and sports. Believe it or not you can have both. Good luck Hot Wheels. Sure you will do great.
agree with you on it all 2centsworth. very well said.
Just a Parent

Brentwood, TN

#19 Oct 25, 2011
I hope it does well.Awful lot of defending..I do not believe anyone is running it down.Just have concerns.All of us who are parents want our kids to have fun.With the way everything is,you just have to be sure....There will be some kids there and there will be others who have no desire.Jus sayin'.
hearing wrong

United States

#20 Oct 25, 2011
Hope they bring back the all night lockin they had many years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KFC under new management? 37 min Zzzz 9
How is it working at So Pak Co??? 45 min Shane game 4
Sharia law is a damnation folks 1 hr Country boy 1
Is every woman a drug addict? 1 hr Eat Ships 10
lol west greene vs. greeneville 1 hr GreeneCo 34
The Alphabet game 4 hr Kohlrabi 4
lawsuit against county schools 5 hr John 8
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one 10 hr Janet 10
Body found in Greeneville creek 11 hr Fishing Man 7
Scintillaire Restaurant 16 hr atethere 25