Deb

Greeneville, TN

#1 Oct 7, 2013
Why is it that I go to lowes and always seem to see people stealing. Is it really that easy. They stealing big things, expensive things at that
South Greene Resident

Johnson City, TN

#2 Oct 7, 2013
Well Deb,
Why don't you step up and alert store management? It seems like the obvious thing to do. It's what I have done at Burkes and Best Buy where I witnessed such activity. Or better yet take a picture of the action with your phone...That way the rest of us (including you) would not have to pay inflated prices to cover theft.
The number one thing I would advise against is posting your experience on Topix where every troll in the community can read it and make their way to Lowes and give it a try for themselves.
I mean really...
iknow

Greeneville, TN

#3 Oct 7, 2013
Deb wrote:
Why is it that I go to lowes and always seem to see people stealing. Is it really that easy. They stealing big things, expensive things at that
its not lowes - its greenevillians!!
ott

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Oct 7, 2013
Did you report them at the time?

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 7, 2013
If they witnessed the theft and didn't report the thieves then they are just as guilty IMHO.
Geezzz

United States

#6 Oct 7, 2013
Iv heard 10s of thousands a month ,I wish the store would be more proactive In stopping this rampant thievery...
ott

Johnson City, TN

#7 Oct 7, 2013
Geezzz wrote:
Iv heard 10s of thousands a month ,I wish the store would be more proactive In stopping this rampant thievery...
employees or outsiders?
perks of the job

United States

#8 Oct 7, 2013
ott wrote:
<quoted text>
employees or outsiders?
They should have cameras and loss prevention people so you may be on to something. Inside job, perhaps?
Shelly

Greeneville, TN

#9 Jan 12, 2014
My boyfriend said that the store security can stop thieves but is too scared. As big as he is, and has only stopped a little girl???!!
Sad

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jan 12, 2014
I know several people that steal from stores so support their drug addictions. Too lazy and sorry to get a damn JOB!
Pedro

Greeneville, TN

#11 Jan 12, 2014
They do have security and they do so there job! There is so many thief's anymore you would have to have eyes in every corner if every isle! I myself personally seen a girl I know is a thief and seen she was so drugged up she couldn't keep her eyes open. I just flat out walked up to her and asked her what she had in her pockets and I reached in and grabbed it out and told her unless she wanted to go to jail to get out of there and don't come back. Also told her she would be watched from hear on out! Well she took off walking and got in her cell phone and called her posse who was with her doing the same thing! They came as a truck load!!!! Well they all high tailed it out of there but I'm sure they been back. I absolutely can not stand a thief!!!
Bambi

Greeneville, TN

#12 Aug 3, 2014
That security guy is a joke. Scared of his own shadow. Talks about not wanting to stop shoplifters, only wants to catch employees, but hasn't caught them either. Just zooms in on our tits and asses.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#13 Aug 3, 2014
Bambi wrote:
That security guy is a joke. Scared of his own shadow. Talks about not wanting to stop shoplifters, only wants to catch employees, but hasn't caught them either. Just zooms in on our tits and asses.
Well I will not be wearing my v-knecks in there anymore.
richard simmons

Sweetwater, TN

#14 Aug 3, 2014
No more short shorts for me in Lowe's anymore!
mrwonderful

Greeneville, TN

#15 Aug 7, 2014
Bambi wrote:
You must be an employee!
Rip

Cherryville, NC

#16 Aug 8, 2014
See the store has to be careful too. They stop and harrasss someone who simple forgot to pay. Or they watch someone carry around something. That simply laid it down somewhere else because didn't want it. And didn't want to carry it back across the store. They accuse them the store can be sued.
LPsupporter

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Aug 12, 2014
First off Lowes LP does everything he can to contain the shrink but when the store manager and assistant store managers don't give a damn and just let people walk out the door with merchandise, what's LP suppose to do?? It all starts with the associates on the floor, they need to get off their asses and help.. Members of the Lowes team can't function without each other.. LP can't have eyes in the sky open-close.. Some associates turn their back and allow people to steal, I have seen it.. Sure LP is scared, he needs his job.. The previous LP of 4 young boys got fired, for what?? Stopping a thief, who stuck his hand in his pocket like he was gonna pull out a weapon so to defend himself the previous LP about broke the mans arm.. Being a LP is more than stopping people who steal, its also worry of someone who is jacked up on pills or any other drug and pulling a weapon out on you.. Being a LP is almost the same as being in law enforcement.. Being a LP is also making sure all employees in your store utilize a safe work/shopping environment.. So before you decide to put down LP and say he is scared walk in his shoes, then you will see being a LP isn't as easy as you think it is..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Handicapped Parking space ABUSE!!! (Jan '12) 2 min Hmm 79
OmniVisions & Person Centered Choices 3 min Trunketeer 5
Is Greene County inbred? 6 min Mary Kresmus 12
Just announced! 500th post wins trip to Hawaii. 10 min Trunketeer 39
***** last post wins ***** 11 min Trunketeer 584
Happy christmas 13 min Trunketeer 2
Stealing drugs and needles from laughlin hospital 21 min Independent1 12
Principal at Mosheim 1 hr sooooo 67
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 1 hr Trunketeer 246
info about eric jones 5 hr Crazy 9