9 year old with UZI
Ted Nugent

Scottsburg, IN

#1 Aug 28, 2014
You've probably already heard by now, but if not:

a 9 year-old American girl was out enjoying a day of fun activities with her family at the local "Bullets and Burgers" when she accidentally shot her instructor in the face with an UZI. Whoops!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-27347...

RIP Charles Vacca. Mr. Vacca was a hero who not only believed in 2nd Amendment rights, but he believved that gun owners like him are the ones who built this country, the ones who keep it safe, the ones who protect freedom. Mr. Vacca died doing what he loved, promoting an appreciation in young people for our most sacred right: the right to bear arms.

“The Right is mostly wrong!”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Aug 28, 2014
Ted Nugent wrote:
You've probably already heard by now, but if not:
a 9 year-old American girl was out enjoying a day of fun activities with her family at the local "Bullets and Burgers" when she accidentally shot her instructor in the face with an UZI. Whoops!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-27347...
RIP Charles Vacca. Mr. Vacca was a hero who not only believed in 2nd Amendment rights, but he believved that gun owners like him are the ones who built this country, the ones who keep it safe, the ones who protect freedom. Mr. Vacca died doing what he loved, promoting an appreciation in young people for our most sacred right: the right to bear arms.
die-hard NRA member or just demented? make a tragic accident into a preemptive 2nd Amendment and gun rights statement? make a martyr of the deceased instructor who, it appears, made two BIG mistakes? the first was letting a child that young fire an Uzi, with it's attendant powerful recoil, to begin with. the second was taking the stance he did...to the left where the Uzi could, and did, recoil in the hands of the right-handed girl. true opportunistic gun-lover horse manure.
here for now

Greeneville, TN

#3 Aug 28, 2014
I am an extremely safety conscious gun owner and NRA member, and that was incident was extremely irresponsible on the part of the parents and the instructor. The little girl didn't know any better. The adults should have.
do u know better

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Aug 28, 2014
here for now wrote:
I am an extremely safety conscious gun owner and NRA member, and that was incident was extremely irresponsible on the part of the parents and the instructor. The little girl didn't know any better. The adults should have.
What gives you the right to tell other people how to parent their children? You are no better than Obama.
do u know better

Jeffersonville, IN

#5 Aug 28, 2014
Kohlrabi wrote:
<quoted text>
die-hard NRA member or just demented? make a tragic accident into a preemptive 2nd Amendment and gun rights statement? make a martyr of the deceased instructor who, it appears, made two BIG mistakes? the first was letting a child that young fire an Uzi, with it's attendant powerful recoil, to begin with. the second was taking the stance he did...to the left where the Uzi could, and did, recoil in the hands of the right-handed girl. true opportunistic gun-lover horse manure.
you know everything outhouse racer.
green frog

United States

#6 Aug 28, 2014
here for now wrote:
. True.
do u know better

Jeffersonville, IN

#7 Aug 28, 2014
It's easy for you arm-chair lawyers to work yourself up over this, but keep in mind that no charges were filed because no crimes were committed.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#8 Aug 29, 2014
do u know better wrote:
It's easy for you arm-chair lawyers to work yourself up over this, but keep in mind that no charges were filed because no crimes were committed.
A crime doesn't have to be committed for something to be a bad idea. In this case the end result justifies the concerns of the arm chair lawyers.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 29, 2014
do u know better wrote:
stupidity is not considered a crime.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 29, 2014
do u know better wrote:
<quoted text>
you know everything outhouse racer.
apparently more than you.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 Aug 29, 2014
I cannot imagine what made the parents or the instructor this was a good idea to let this child handle this gun. Wonder why they did that? It's a tragic accident but totally avoidable... Sad all the way around.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Aug 29, 2014
"think".... sorry Topix grammar police... too long of hours at work today... My poor brain is wore about. lol
Sick of this

Little Rock, AR

#13 Aug 30, 2014
Sick... this country is morally sick! Stop using the "2nd Amendment" incorrectly. Why the hell are people allowed to use semi-automatic weapons unless you're in the military? Guns are for killing. Animals for hunting, violent lawbreakers for the police and enemies in the military. THAT"S IT!

“The doctor is in!”

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#14 Aug 30, 2014
Sick of this wrote:
Sick... this country is morally sick! Stop using the "2nd Amendment" incorrectly. Why the hell are people allowed to use semi-automatic weapons unless you're in the military? Guns are for killing. Animals for hunting, violent lawbreakers for the police and enemies in the military. THAT"S IT!
Guns are for protection, animals for sustenance, violet lawbreakers for prison, and respect is for the military.

“The doctor is in!”

Location hidden

#15 Aug 30, 2014
It's an old saying but very true guns don't kill people...etc. The fact is you can kill someone with virtually anything. A baseball bat, tooth pick, glass bottle, or even a rolled up piece of toilet paper hardened in water. Should we ban all of these? No! Neither should we even consider a ban on guns. When I was a kid we were taught at an early age how to use and respect firearms, a practice that is not taught now. Everyone now teaches their children to be afraid of firearms. I taught my son how to fire and respect weapons when he was 8 years old as I am now teaching my daughter at 10. They both have a healthy respect for guns and how to operate them safely. I know if my daughter is at a friends house for a sleepover and they find a gun she will be responsible enough to know what to do, or more importantly what NOT to do because she has been taught to respect firearms and not to be afraid of them. Let's stop this nanny state we are living and take personal responsibility.

“The doctor is in!”

Location hidden

#16 Aug 31, 2014
Dr Wu wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are for protection, animals for sustenance, violet lawbreakers for prison, and respect is for the military.
I don't think violet lawbreakers are a problem but the violent ones are.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SG Volleyball 21 min Fed Up 27
Poll Hillary Clinton for President (Jul '15) 1 hr Leonardo 57
Bad wreck tonight 1 hr Just saying 2
Hookers in Greeneville (Mar '11) 2 hr Aaaadv 72
west greene high football 4 hr karmassuchab 6
What happened in belton tonight (Mar '11) 5 hr Good ol jack daniels 20
Walmart DC lot lizards 7 hr DC worker 4
parent fight at CC Elementary 8 hr Jar Head 16

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web