First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Just Me

Chuckey, TN

#270 Jul 1, 2013
Well I've been the wicked step mother for 12 yrs. and things aren't always as they seem to be. I could tell a hundred stories of things my step sons went and told their moms and things my daughter went and told her dad about my husband. Kids play parents against each other and the best thing to do is to get together with the other parent and step parent and the child if you have to, to clear the air. And lots of times the kids are going to see the step parent as the bad person no matter what they do.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#271 Jul 2, 2013
I think you should at least stop making them clean the cinders... and listen to those mice! Oh, they know more than they let on...
smile- and go on

Spruce Pine, NC

#272 Jul 4, 2013
I am a mother & also a step mother & I was raised (& abused) by my own stepmother. My step-child's mother is aware of me being abused (as a child) & so she tells my step-child that I (the step mother) might do to her (the step-child) as was done to me. I have attempted conversations w/ my husbands EX- but it got me nowhere.
My step- child now attends therapy because of all of this (lies she is told by her own mother)- and the child simply learns (by examples I set) as to the kind of person I am- I abuse no person or animal or creature. Never Have & never will.
My thoughts on my husband and his EX are simple- I am his wife and I deserve to know of ALL conversations he has w/ anyone- no matter if it's baby-momma- drama or anything of the like. He , in turn, is entitled to ANY conversation I have w/ anyone else-- baby- daddy or ANYONE. I see that Most EX wives find themselves still having feelings for/ & wanting to be "connected" to a person b/c they "have a child together." My marriage is important & the LIFE/ WELL-BEING OF ALL of my children (including my step-child) are of equal importance. Communication is key to ANY successful relationship.
I do not discuss my step-childs mother, while in the child's presence either. My step-child is not my "own" child, but while this child is at our house, he/she follows our rules. It is obvious that the childs mother wants the child to hate our house, as we have rules & guidelines for meals, chores, play-time, clean-up, homework, etc....life skills that will follow any child as they grow (into RESPONSIBLE ADULTS). Baby momma allows the child to do as he/ she pleases while w/ momma. This child is reminded that "your momma's rules stay at your momma's house- Your momma doesn't make rules for this house." The mother's parents are of equal injustice- this child is nearly 10 years old and they talk to the child as if he/she is 2 years old:(ie: Baby talk). I am well- aware of my limits as a step-parent-- but this is MY house too, & MY HUSBAND is MINE now- she (the EX) had her chance & she didnt want him......& she sure didnt think he would find anyone else. But he did !!!! Our lives are great now & we are honest- which is another important factor in a marriage. In my opinion, hiding conversations w/ your EX= the equivalent to lying: JUST DO NOT GO THERE.
If all (Adults) involved in a child's life could act as ADULTS should, maybe our future leaders of today wouldn't have so many issues.
Too many sticks stirring $H!T in the pot these days!!!!!!
in court

Greeneville, TN

#273 Jul 4, 2013
Just Me wrote:
Well I've been the wicked step mother for 12 yrs. and things aren't always as they seem to be. I could tell a hundred stories of things my step sons went and told their moms and things my daughter went and told her dad about my husband. Kids play parents against each other and the best thing to do is to get together with the other parent and step parent and the child if you have to, to clear the air. And lots of times the kids are going to see the step parent as the bad person no matter what they do.
Oh we are going to get together with the other parent and step parent. See them in court! My son is being made to live with a psyco step mom.
Tigar

Dandridge, TN

#274 Jul 5, 2013
Lol My husband has a step kid ( well not really a step kid since he wasn't married to her mother) that attends our Christmas gatherings to get what she can from our family. She is an adult remind you and only comes around during Christmas to collect money and gifts for her and her kids. She was suprised last year when we didn't get her anything so maybe she will take the message or she will be in for another surprise this year as well..
give in more every time

Greeneville, TN

#275 Jul 5, 2013
I have been a step mother for along time now and I hate to think of my step children as anything other than my kids... some parents make that very hard, I love them just like my own and treat them as I do my own. I do not try to take the place of the other parent, but I do know some step parents that don't even take the time or effort to even be in the childs life. that's the sad part, you should be a part of the childs life when you marry the parent. I would never treat a child that way. if the parent didn't want the child to be with another person then maybe they should have taken better care of the marriage they were in is all im saying. I couldn't have asked for a better husband and I am lucky to have those kids in my life.... just sayin
Love

Greenville, SC

#276 Jul 5, 2013
I wouldn't tolerate another man for it, it's too hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
get rid of Robert Sayne 17 min Unbelieveable 35
katelin Knight 18 min WOW 4
Trash pickup fee 49 min Dixie iron fist 2
Jan Kiker is disgusting 56 min DustinKiker 21
Are u a son of the south 1 hr CampCreeper 15
Jason Knight (Jul '13) 1 hr curious 11
Flu shot 1 hr Melissa1333 3
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 4,573
whorin around 9 hr heeler 13
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]